“Comfy but a little run down” 3 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #41 of 129 hotels in Miami
Reno
“Comfy but a little run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hi Guys -- Let me just start by saying I generally LOVE Fairfield Inns. We have stayed at them across the U.S. and just love them. Usually.

But this one was a little different. Still decorated in the same way. Still has AMAZING beds and pillows!

But our room was a little dirty. A GIANT hairball was in the corner of the room (which I promptly picked up with a Kleenex and threw in the garbage!) so it didn't seem that the room was vacuumed properly.

The couch was really uncomfortable too.

The washer and dryer located in the building seems pretty ancient. The dryer got stuck on a spin for-ev-er. Even though it showed that there was 1 minute left, it just kept spinning! For like 10 minutes! I finally had to unplug it, and replug it in again, and that seemed to do the trick because within a minute it stopped.

And as others have said, it's in a really noisy location. Fortunately, the air con/heater/fan thingy in the window was loud so we could drown out the street noise.

Would I stay here again? Probably because the price was right. Is it on par with other Fairfields? No.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guest thank you for your comments, I have addressed your comment with housekeeping. Regarding the drier, thanks for letting me know as they are still under warranty, ever since they are as new as the building, only 2 years old !

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Originally had reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Miami, but due to a change in circumstances (no fault of the hotel) we had to move our reservations to this particular Fairfield Inn. We stayed a total of 7 days to attend the Miami Boat Show, the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, and other events. Although we found the "2 queen sized beds" room a little small for 3 adults, it was comfortable enough nonetheless. The room was made up nicely each day, so no complaint there. Julia, one of the receptionists, was very helpful and very patient with our endless questions, as this was our first time in Miami. Particularly helpful was being told how to catch the metro into downtown Miami as this cost $2.00, instead of the $25 for a cab .... and the metro stop was only 3 blocks away. Additionally helpful was that there was a K-Mart and Winn-Dixie about the same distance away, and having a refrigerator in the room allowed us to stock up on water, juice, soda, fruit, etc. So accordingly, we found the hotel, and the area, "more comfortable that expected". Of note is that the hotel is very close to the airport so airplane noise may bother some travelers ... it didn't effect our stay at all. Also of note is that the breakfast was more than just a "continental" breakfast .... not much more, but adequate enough to fill you up with a good start in the morning.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms, and rooms on the south side of the hotel may have less airplane noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. On the same side I wanted to inform that we will be upgrading our already good breakfast to include those that would like some warm scrambled eggs and sausages in their breakfast!. We hope to see you back soon!
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

i called 5 times the hotel within 30 minutes for shuttle pick up.. to get and Answering machine. A Marriott? Reception would not answer (too busy answering clients the kid at reception said). i waited for one hour for someone to pick me up. i finally had to call my wife (who was already at hotel) to go to reception and plead my case.
No manager or person in charge to complain too.
If you need relyable shuttle and reception service go somewhere else. Other than that rooms are fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest I appreciate your comments and would make sure to address such with the front desk staff, as our priority is to provide an excellent service to our guest from the van to the check out.
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise at Fairfield. The location is very close to airport so as a result there is noise from jets as one of the flight paths comes close to the hotel. But what do you expect from a hotel near an airport? For other reviewers that complained about noise, suggest you stay at South Beach and pay $500 per night for a 3 star hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The property was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet could be a bit better and the wi-fi seemed slow at times. Although I did not have a rental car I noticed that you had to pay for parking. Personally that would tick me off. Enjoyed my stay here and would stayagain if circumstances dictated.

Room Tip: Call before hand to see if they can maybe waive your parking fee if you are driving there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay and that we will see you again. Just so you know we are upgrading the breakfast to offer more choices to our guest. Thank you again.
Running Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise and booked 3 rooms for our party. The hotel is nice and the rooms were clean, but there was a large group of young girls in the room next to ours and they partied ALL NIGHT LONG. We called the front desk 3 separate times to complain, and while they said they sent security to their room, the noise continued into the morning hours. Even our earplugs were insufficient to drown out the noise. It was not how we wanted to begin our vacation, and at the prices we paid for the rooms we expected to at least be able to sleep!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are smaller in size than the rooms on the other side of the hall.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, I am sorry that the noise from the room next door didn’t let you sleep. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s difficult to have some guest consider their neighbors, but I will share your comments with the front desk to make sure the follow up on such complaint, is more accurate if we ever have a case like that.
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel not too long ago the situation is still fresh. I stayed here for a business trip and my company sent in the information two weeks prior to the stay. However, there was some "confusion" regarding our tax exempt,as I was having to go back in forth for most of my work day to get this situation taken care, I figured the problem had been resolved. Little did I know that was not the end of my woes. I then was charged personally for the stay even though they had my company card on file from when we had sent the information in prior, and from the first mixup. After having to fax, refax, scan and rescan information over a week period, the situation was resolved.

I will say the corporate headquarters was very helpful and understanding. I cannot say the same for the immediate staff at this facility. One female manager, was rude, snide and condescending.

I suggest if you are staying here on business you double check and recheck before any money is transferred. I have learned my lesson.

One mistake, okay everyone makes those, but two over the same stay is unacceptable and I will not be staying at this establishment again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Natalia F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Ms Gibson, I am sorry you felt that we mistreated you as we only followed the regular procedures on a hotel stay. When you checked in there was no 3rd party credit card authorization letter to pay for your room or note o the reservation, so we had no way to know about it. You informed us days after you had check out about the 3rd party being responsible to pay for your room. When you faxed the proper paperwork for the tax exempt, 4 days after you had checked out, that same day, we issued the $13,65 back to your card as a result of the taxes being exempt. This was an unfortunate incident due to miscommunication and as I have stated before I am sorry that you had to wait the 4 days to see the refund on your card, but we just had no way to know about it.
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was clean and front office staff were helpful. Our biggest issues was with the van that picked us up at the airport. The front right tired was so bad you could see the cords showing. Friends had checked in two days prior and lost control of the vehicle due to this! The hotel said it would be fixed the next day, we checked in two days later and the tire was still bad!!!! Fairfield....is the safety of your staff and guests not important to you??

** Note: Driver said they have been telling hotel for weeks about the bad tire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, I wanted to answer your concern about security of our guests / employees, and yes we do take it very seriously. The van tires are all new and they took couple days to arrive as the shop had to order them to be replaced. At no time was the security of the passengers at risk as we used another van that is also new and tires were in perfect condition.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!