“Nice hotel next door to Miami Int'l Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Nice hotel next door to Miami Int'l Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had to overnight in Miami due to a missed flight in another city. I went online and did a search, and the Fairfield Inn & Suites came up. I checked out other reviews, and booked it. The shuttle came and got me, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that after I had called the hotel to ask about the shuttle, they had already checked me in. I just took my key and went to the spacious and comfortable room. I didn't spend much time; just one night. However, should I return to Miami, I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Pleasant and helpful staff. Complimentary Wi-Fi. The breakfast is simple, but that's minor. I'm only sad that I didn't get into town much earlier so I could've enjoyed the room a little longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites after returning from a cruise and before the flight the next day. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The reception was lovely, lots of light around and the rooms were just as nice. Great AC and facilities, good tv and a decent bathroom.

Wifi is complimentary and they have a business centre you can use. The breakfast was also included and there was lots of choice from hot sausage and egg sandwiches to a waffle maker, toast and bagels, cereal; it was great.

I would recommend this hotel for a night or a week stay. Good location for the airport and I imagine downtown miami too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Book it.com arranged an amazing experience for me I will not soon forget!
Yvonne Galway, ext. 5193, set me up in a $109, double queen bed room at this newly constructed Marriott family hotel for $86(taxes incl.) into what turned out to be a highly pleasant experience for me that I will never forget.
Starting with a very aggressively reduced price over the phone, it unraveled itself into an almost surreal memory of wonderfully coated series of events in Miami, (minutes from the airport, I was picked up by shuttle by a courteous driver) that took us to the front desk that was smoothly manned by a very warm & sincere hearted night desk mgr., named Victor!
He absolutely orchestrated with impeccable attention to detail, what turned out to be one of my greatest memories as a traveler.
The room was clean, truly smoke free, everything new, & pleasing to the eyes & senses!
Even Iris, the maid , was warm & forthcoming w/ suggestions about the town, it's sights & locations. So helpful, aiming to produce a wonderful experience for us.
I am not one to write reviews, but the extent of all the collective factors that I experienced was so overwhelmingly positive, that it led me to record & share this with others , that their choices to give themselves the same opportunity as I did, should result in a "dreamlike experience" as we did.
As I look back at it all, I truly believe that I was blessed & fortunate to have come across these type of individuals with amazing attitudes that I find lacking, so much, across the board these days in America(?)
Is it the warm sunny weather ?
I don't know?
But I can tell you that within the surreal aspect of this atmosphere, what we experienced was very real, & I promise, God willing, WE WILL BE BACK!!!
Thanks folks, for all you did to touch & move our spirits!
Frank V & Virginia M

Room Tip: Choose this place! You cannot go wrong.....promise!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Frank and Virginia, Just a line to thank you from all the staff, and remind you that here you have your home in Miami.
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a very good stay here, the staff is great and the location as well. Good coffee at breakfast. Parking at the hotel premises for a charge. The location is good both for exploring miami and as stay before after the flight. It offers shuttle service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments. We would love to have you back!
Siena, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

we booked 3 double rooms with booking.com to sleep the last night of our trip, because the next morning we had a plane to return to Italy.
arrival at the Motel (since this is a motel not hotel) we announced that we had booked three rooms I gave him our names and passports, the head of the reception tells us that there was only a booking and the hotel was to complete. We did not have the voucher booking.com as we booked via the internet with our laptop the night before, however, the fairfield internet was not working so we could see if we actually did not make the reservation. After much insistence and two hours of lost time, two couples have moved into a motel a few miles away at a price double that booked for fairfield. The result ruined the last night of vacation (we waited for our other friends living in Miami for dinner given the loss of time we could not reach them) Me and my wife we ​​stayed at the Fairfield and, after bringing the bags in the room ( it was made after midnight) we went down the hall at that point we checked the internet and it worked again the mail I saw that we had booked 3 rooms. I did attend the reception, what, and they kept saying that there was only one reservation, I stated that it was not possible, I looked on their computer, and I found I!, the other two reservations. We are justified in saying that they first read the name than the name "I have no adjectives to describe them were carrying passports!" At this point I was able to clear the other two reservations, if I had not forcibly occurred would be charged the other two rooms. We insist to talk with the leaders did not find that we have insisted on calling them on the phone, and we have lowered the phone down. Very unfair and unprofessional!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear guest, I can’t tell you how sorry I am that you didn’t enjoy your last stay with us because of the incident with the last names on your reservations and the auditor not finding your reservations. Please let me make it up to you. You didn’t specify your name, but if you give me a call I will try to erase that memory that ruined your trip.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Clean, modern, reasonable, friendly and useful staff. Great location, close to everything. A lil small bathoom though but no biggy at all. This is the only hotel that i found to have 2 queen beds instead of double. There s an ice machine and a pool on 2nd floor. Strange though that maintenance and security crews barely speak any english. We were able to use gesture language though. No probs. we gonna try out "catch of the day" that the previous reviewer recommened

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Based on the good reviews given to this hotel I tried it out and it's true. It's clean. It's colorful. The staff is great. I tried the seafood restaurant that had been recommended by a recent reviewer and it was amazing and reasonably priced. There are other excellent choices very nearby like a steakhouse and a Cuban restaurant recommended by friends. As a fussy solo female traveler I'm always looking at details like noise levels, cleanliness, safety, convenience, staff helpfulness and courtesy and this Fairfield didn't disappoint in any of these areas. The price was right, too!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks. It’s a pleasure to read comments like this and be reassured that we did keep our service promises to you!. Come back soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!