Contrary to some airport hotels, the Fairfield Inn & Suites did not leave me with the impression that it was OK provided it was only for one night stopover. It has the comforts of a 4star hotel, although rated as a 3 star, combined with the advantage of being a five minute drive from Miami international airport.
The check-in was seamless and the staff helpful and professional. My room was prepaid and I only had to pay for the extra daily 10$ parking fee.
My room, facing NW 11th Street, was on the sixth floor at the end of a hallway. When I made the online reservation, I asked for a quiet room, but as I arrived before 3:00 pm, the staff member at the reception told me they only had one room available facing the main street if I wanted to move in right away and that it probably did not meet my request for a quiet room. Since I was tired I agreed and did not regret it. From some reviews I was expecting to hear airplane noise and loud music from across the street, but I didn’t during the night.
My room was spacious decorated with bright colors, with a comfortable bed, a small refrigerator, a coffee maker, a desk and complimentary WiFi.
The nearby 11th Street is lined up on both sides with hotels, fast-food (McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc.) and mostly South-American restaurants. If you are looking for something a bit more sophisticated, the Marriott next door is a good option. The area itself is a bit dull, but if you have a car, downtown Miami is not far and Miami Beach only about 10 miles away.
The morning breakfast matched the hotel rating, offering a selection of fruit, cereals, pastry, bread, coffee, tea and juice. For me it was more than enough.
I stayed here for one night on my way to London and will definitely go back if Miami is again on my travel list. I would certainly recommend this fair priced hotel to anyone looking for a convenient, comfortable and stress-free stay before flying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami International Airport is a 5-minute drive from this hotel, which has a free airport shuttle service, a fitness center, and full breakfast. Free Wi-Fi, a 32-inch flat-screen cable TV with HBO movie channels, and a desk are featured in each room at Fairfield Inn and Suites Miami Airport South. Guests will be 7 miles from the cruise ships at Port of Miami. Dolphin Mall is a 15-minute drive from the hotel, and a transportation service is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, EasyToBook, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Miami Airport South
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Hotel Miami