“Great option for next day cruisers!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 131 hotels in Miami
Brasilia, DF
“Great option for next day cruisers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Me and my fiancee arrived sunday night in Miami and we had a cruise to catch on monday afternoon. Booked an overnight stay at this hotel and had a very pleasant experience. The atendant on the counter, Victor, was a very nice funny guy, and within a few minutes we were resting at our rooms. I have to say, the standard rooms in this hotel is far bigger than in other Fairfields I´ve been to, loved that. The bathroom was also quite large, great hot pressure shower! Everything went just fine, nice fast internet, the breakfast is complimentary and there was a reasonably wide variety of stuff to eat, loved the waffle makers, although a bit crowded. There´s a garage for you to park your car, although they do charge an extra 10 bucks, no problem at all. If I´m back to Miami and catching a cruise, that´s definitely gonna be my choice prior to the cruise, since the hotel also had a shuttle to the cruise port for 10 bucks a person. Great place, and although it´s so close to the airport I haven´t heard a single noise from the turbofans all night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LuckyMB, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Guest:

I recently received your comments regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of the staff, myself, and the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott brand, I would like thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your needs during your travel to Miami.

We value your business and hope you think of us for your future travels. We have ranked very high on trip advisor because of travelers like you; who loved our property. We hope to continue offering you the best choice for your travels.
Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your travels. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Mitch Bermudez
Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Bellevue, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We were very pleased with the quality of the room and the breakfast at the Fairfield inn close to the Miami airport. The hotel lobby and rooms have been resently remodeled in a bright, contemporary style. The hotel front desk employees were extremely helpful and friendly. There was a great breakfast selection and a USA today newpaper in the morning.

Room Tip: Use your Marriot number and ask for an upgrade.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed here on the way down and back from the keys. The staff is nice and friendly, the hotel is modern and clean, and the breakfast was good and had a nice variety.

This was a lovely place to stay. We used the free shuttle from the airport. We used it again in the morning to go get a rental car, same way on our return trip to this hotel 5 days later. It worked out well.

The room has queen-sized beds, which really make a difference in one's sleep with a little more space. There's a gas station next door that sells beer a lot cheaper than the beer in the lobby. There are restaurants all around you can walk to if needed.

The pool is tiny - almost like a big hot tub. We didn't use it, but it would get crowded very quickly. The exercise room was sufficient.

Overall, this is a very convenient place to stay if you are coming in late from the airport or leaving early for the airport. We got in at 10pm and left for the keys the next morning, so this place worked out just great! I highly recommend this Fairfield Inn. All Marriotts are non-smoking now, too.

Room Tip: AAA membership provides a decent discount
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Arrived late from Aussie rang shuttle and was there in 10 minutes. Room was average size with 2 double beds and fridge. Bathroom was clean and had complimentary products, only thing wrong was tap and shower were loose but worked okay. Complimentary continental breakfast was excellent most would call it a full breakfast. At the price we got through booking.com was that good we were expecting a larger bill but this did not happen. A great start to our holiday.

Spokane WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We needed a place to stay for one night after our cruise and after extensive research I chose this hotel. The staff was friendly the room clean and roomy. They allowed us to check in early and called up after we settled in and asked if we were happy with our room. Thats a first!
The only problem I had was in the morning before we left I could not get the printer in the business area to work to print out our airline tickets to fly out. If I had it to do over again I would have done it the night before so I would have had time to get help to get them printed but we got out with out any problems.
After we got home I realized that we accidentally forgot our Sonicare toothbrush in the bathroom. I called them and they had found it and I gave them my credit card to send it to us which they promptly did.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Warsaw, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We were to just stay here one night prior to our cruise. We got in from our flight late. We started calling to get the shuttle at 10:50. We were told it was on it's way. We proceeded to call every 15 minutes and got similar replies each time. On our 5th call after midnight we were told that the shuttle doesn't run after midnight. Needless to say we were not happy and they finally made arrangements with the Hamption Inn Shuttle to pick us up.

We brought this up to the 2 people at the front desk when we were finally dropped off. They just blamed it on whoever was working earlier. No aplogies, no effort to make amends, just gave us our key and we were gone.

In the morning, there was only 1 lady (very nice by the way) trying to check out a long line of people with no one coming from anywhwere else to help her out.

I would definitely pass on this hotel my next trip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Nashua, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed 2 nights awating a cruise. Very noisy outside my window...The pool (big bathtub actually) was supposed to close at 11PM per signs posted...A bunch of drunks decided to party there...at 2AM I contacted front desk & they said "We will send security there right away"...ya, sure....at 3:30 I finally dozed off with party still going on. Either the security was not on duty or he was too afraid to speak to the group. Left room at 9AM with housekeeper in hallway watching me leave, arrived back to room at 4PM to find it still had not been made up. I spoke to housekeeper (she had no clue as did not speak/understand English)....Grabbed a bar of soap off cart & told her forget it! Elevator inspection sign expired July 2010....(has it not been inspected since then???? If so where is the updated sign??? Breakfast not so good...Diabetic nightmare as only carbs could be found on counter...no meat...no eggs...all breads, muffins, bagels, cereal, jimmy Dean grease filled sandwiches.....VERY POOR healthy choices. Person cleaning tables, emptying trash & restocking food never changed her gloves the entire time I ate breakfast after doing all 3 chores...I wonder if glovers were for show or to protect her hands...they for sure were not for the customer protection. On plus side the hotel was clean...close to airport...shuttle arrived right away..desk clerks were friendly. For a quick fairly cheap nite its OK but NOT for a extended stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!