“Give it a miss and you will thank me!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bengal

Bengal
2010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33137 (Wynwood - Edgewater)
Improve this listing
Ranked #517 of 3,415 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Sydney, Australia
“Give it a miss and you will thank me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food surely is like the left overs as a fellow reviewer pointed out or it can be from one of those ready to eat frozen foods. Service is also pathetic for downtown fine dine restaurant. So if you are on Biscayne Blvd and are hungry, Try some other place !

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“A kitchen away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Bengals kitchen is my other kitchen when me and my girl are not in mood for cooking. They always welcome us with open arms and their service is excellent. They always cater to our son who is a very finicky eater. I've been there many times and I've never had a problem other than my stomach hurting from eating too much food. It is how an Indian restaurant should be.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Miami heat ... as you request”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you are in search of good food, Bengal is a good choice. I don't eat at public troughs so can't speak to the buffet - only to the dishes ordered off the menu, which are consistently good. The food I have had at Bengal tastes freshly made and NOT like leftovers from the buffet (as a fellow reviewer suspects). The dishes are distinctly different and live up to the menu descriptions. Service is cordial, competent, and attentive without being obnoxious.

What I especially appreciate about Bengal is that the chef is adept at providing the amount of heat as requested. I went to dinner with 5 friends and everyone had different heat preferences from mild to "Indian hot" - everyone was happy with what they were served. Bengal ambiance is pleasant and relaxing, the price is reasonable, and the portions are just right. Short of hopping a plane to Mumbai, Bengal is a good bet.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Key West
“Disappointing buffet and bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Came in a half hour after opening, only the chef was there and it took him five minutes to seat us. They really weren't ready for service, there were no serving spoons in any buffet dish, which were mislabeled. The food itself was...eh. Very bland by Indian standards, for a cuisine that is all about spices two of the four we had tasted like they had no seasoning or spices and the other two only tasted spicy. The gulab jamun was served cold and tasted chalky. Service was non existent, the wait staff came in after we were had already finished eating and only refilled the water and gave the bill. Also had more meat than vegetarian options. Overall, a very bizarre and disappointing experience. Nothing made us want to come back.

St. Augustine FL
“Good lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I decided to stop in today for the lunch buffet.

I arrived a little before noon and was promptly seated. I sampled the naan, goat karai, mulligatawany soup, basmati rice, tandoori chicken and chicken vindaloo.

Everything was very good, but next time I will pass on the goat, a bit chewy.

The service was very good and I am planning to take my wife here for dinner tomorrow.

I did find the lunch buffet on the pricey side, $15.00 with a soft drink. But the food is good and this is downtown.

I will let you know how our dinner is tomorrow night!

• Visited March 2012