“First class” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong, China
“First class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This is a first class hotel for business or pleasure. A employee of the front desk will check you in and then walk you to your elevator. The room fantastic. woderrful restaurants and a beautiful bar. Room service is perfect and the staff will treat you so well making sure you are pleased in every way.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous and rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were sincerely humbled by your tremendous accolade of being recognized as first class. We were delighted to learn we exceeded your expectations through the personalized service that was afforded to you, the inspiring design of our guest accommodations, and the innovative culinary offerings at our restaurant Eos.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
DC-USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Our room, a one-bedroom suite, was spacious and well-appointed. The service is excellent and affable without being fresh or painfully hip. The restaurant is very good, but not worth a special trip unless you are staying in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous compliments regarding your recent stay with us.

We are truly pleased we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience from the tastefully appointed décor in our Viceroy One Bedroom Suite and the intuitive service provided to you by our colleagues, to the innovative culinary offerings you enjoyed at Bistro|e and Eos.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Viceroy Miami in the near future. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

miami, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for our 5 year anniversary. It was perfect! This is a great location for any out of town guest. You can walk or take the Miami People Mover to Downtown, Mary Brickell Village, Brickell Key, and SOBE is only a 10min drive. The rooms here are amazing, and the staff is great. The food is good, but if you don’t want to eat at Hotel you have many options that are an easy 5-10min walk or $3-4 dollar cab ride away. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. If anyone complains about this place they must complain about everything.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous compliments of your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn you enjoyed the location, service, culinary offerings, and our luxurious accommodations. We are excited that we able to exceed your expectations and that you will recommend Viceroy Miami to others.

We are humbled that you chose to celebrate your fifth anniversary with us and hope to have the honor of welcoming you back for many more. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I stayed at the Viceroy for two nights from December 28-30 and can honestly say it was the best hotel experience I've had to date. It was a special occasion traveling with my partner, and upon booking had mentioned this to them, mostly for purposes of obtaining a better view. Well, upon checking in, we were upgraded two levels from our regular king room to a one bedroom suite (we had booked under the Florida resident rates which was supposed to include only a one level upgrade, not two). We were also given a choice of free valet parking for our stay or free continental breakfast due to booking with the Florida resident program; if you are from Florida do take advantage of this!

Valet was immediately available to help us with our bags upon arriving and check in was done within minutes, no line or waiting. Upon getting to our upgraded one bedroom suite, I was floored with how luxurious and opulent everything was, much better than I had expected for sure. Marble everything, dining room, living room, kitchenette, two bathrooms, huge balcony and the very spacious bathroom was perfect.

Without fail, all my interactions with the hotel staff I was greeted by name, and felt genuinely served by everyone I talked to. One of the staff, Christine, blew me away when arriving into our room for the first time, had a bottle of champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries waiting, with a warm card offering us a pleasant stay; this just set the tone for the rest of our stay, amazing!

The front desk staff also helped us plan a trip to South Beach, providing maps and recommendations and where to eat, what places to see (the newly developed park at the tip of South Beach is a must see-beautiful!), basically whatever we needed they provided with quick and courteous service. I highly recommend using their knowledge and service to the fullest.

And the pool and spa, what can I say? Simply the best I have seen, providing a great view over looking Biscayne Bay and Brickell Key, gorgeous both day and night.

Overall I couldn't be happier with the experience we had at the Viceroy and absolutely recommend it to anybody planning on staying in the downtown Miami area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to have the honor of being the best hotel experience you have had to date. I was pleased to learn we were able to exceed your expectations throughout your entire stay.

Indeed the views of Biscayne Bay and Brickell Key, which can be seen from our pool and luxurious Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell, are some of our best attributes. However, it is the exceptional level of guest service provided by our colleagues that we pride ourselves on. I was proud to learn that our colleagues, particularly Christine, Guest Recognition Coordinator, were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience. It is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests and it is humbling to know that we exceeded your expectations during your special occasion celebration with us.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kindly please call me when your travel plans next bring you to Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed here for four nights (their holiday minimum) over New Years and my birthday. It was mostly an adult vacation, though I did bring my 4-year old daughter to stay with us for two of the nights. We had two suites - both beautifully decorated with a ton of space. That was the only nice thing about the Viceroy Miami. My comments:

1. A line at check-in. The reception also serves concierge, valet, room service - they field every call. In short, they are over-worked.

2. I asked for a bottle of champagne and truffles to be delivered to my friends (they had just gotten engaged) in the next room upon their arrival. The staff was nice, brought up stationery and waited while I filled out the card. My friends never received the delivery. I called the front desk and they promised to "look into it" - I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

3. Valet ($30 additional per day) did not have our car ready -- no matter how much time we called in advance. We even tried 45 minutes - at which point they brought us someone else's car.

4. No hairdryer in the bathroom -- not a big deal, we called the front desk twice to arrange for one to be deliverd. It never came. We called again the next morning. Still nothing. The third time we called, the woman at the front desk said, "Well I called housekeeping and they told me that you already have one." (What kind of hospitality person would say that?) Clearly we did not. When we finally did manage to get a hair dryer it was broken.

5. Room service for four: After waiting an hour for our dinner, they managed to forget my daughter's order (though we were charged for it).

6. You will wait more than an hour for food service by the (mostly shaded, but beautiful) swimming pool.

7. The spa, while spectacularly decorated, was completely booked our entire stay. And the fitness classes were cancelled for two out of the four days (one day was a holiday - but still, this is a hotel).

8. Club 50. Never again. $17 dollar drinks in plastic cups. Small space, beautiful views, awkward crowd/vibe.

I have never called the manager of a hotel for anything in my life -- but this was beyond ridiculous and I had to say something. The manager returned my call at 10pm that night (I missed her call). I finally got ahold of someone the next morning to explain our service issues. I simply received a nice lecture in return about how grateful he was that I called, because if these issues go unreported, he remains unaware of them and therefore cannot address them.

While I didn't ask for anything, I suppose I was hoping for some nice, if small, gesture on behalf of management for all of our issues. I was left short there, too. Just a giant hotel bill and a very disappointing stay. I really wanted to be out of that hotel after just two nights.

It's worth mentioning that I have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, walking distance from the Viceroy, and it remains one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It really is worth the extra money. I promise.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable and candid feedback with us. I regret that your visit did not exceed your expectations as it relates to our amenities and service delivery.

I have shared your comments regarding your arrival experience and amenity request with Mr Rene Roman, Director of Rooms and Ms Brianna Osterberger, Front Office Manager so that we may review our process to ensure that all amenities are acknowledged and delivered as requested. Please express my sincere apologies to your friends as well as my congratulations on their upcoming nuptials. I have also stressed the importance of ensuring that our guests have a seamless experience by having their vehicles retrieved in a timely manner. Rest assured that we have recently implemented additional measures to improve our performance in this area as we do not wish to be inconsistent in such an important step in the arrival, during the stay and departure experience for our guests.

I was disappointed to learn we failed to provide you with a hair dryer in your closet upon arrival. In my follow up with Mr Nathaniel Morciego, Directory of Housekeeping, I have stressed the importance of attention to detail and thoroughly inspecting guest rooms and in-room amenities so they are properly functioning prior to your arrival. I regret to learn that your experience was further compounded by the service lapses you experienced throughout your stay. I have discussed your comments, at length, with Mr Albert Charbonneau, Director of Food & Beverage and Mr Jose Pastrana, Club 50 Manager so that we may review our order and delivery process as well as our menu offerings in an effort to prevent future guest dissatisfaction as this is certainly not indicative of the standards that we pride ourselves on.

Also, please note that I have spoken with Mr Patrick Huey, Corporate Director of Spa in respect to the lack of fitness classes available during the holiday period so that we may review the scheduling for the upcoming holidays in order to accommodate our guests throughout this time.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us and that you will consider returning to Viceroy Miami. Kindly please call me directly when your travel plans next brings you to Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Bathroom flooded twice and the hallway once (room 804), air conditioning did not work(room 907) keeping the room at 77 degrees overnight, large piece of glass in my drink from Club 50.

Viceroy Miami's Solution

Engineering Services came up and moved the shower curtain back and down 1 inch. Did not solve the problem and the bathroom in 804 flooded again. Requested to be moved. Moved to 907 where the air conditioning did not work overnight. Engineering Services opened the cooling valves and replaced the filter. It worked after that. I explained my dissatisfaction to Renee Roman - Guest Rooms Manager (including the glass in my cup) and he...

1. Apologized
2. Indicated there was not much he could do since I booked thru Expedia (which doesn't make sense since I'm a paying customer like everyone else)
3. Waived my valet parking for 3 days, and 2 breakfast room service orders.
4. Offered to "take care of me" during my next stay.
5. Wrote me a note of apology and sent me chocolate truffles.

I decided to give Viceroy Miami one more chance and was willing to book another trip Dec. 30, 2011 - Jan 3, 2012. Renee contacted Bob (Sales) and offered me...

1. 2010 prices at rack rate ($395/night)since 2011 prices were going up $100 per night($495).
2. Discount of $100 my last night
3. Free breakfast

I declined because they wanted me to pay more money than I payed thru Expedia(approximately $265/night)? That's how Viceroy Miami attempted to remedy my 2010 New Years Eve situation? What if I swallowed that glass thinking it was ice? I feel they are more concerned with making money than keeping their customer's satisfied. Viceroy Miami took care of me alright...thanks for a memorable New Years Eve.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing Ms Laurence Dubey, Area Director of Sales & Marketing and Mr Rene Roman, Director of Rooms, the opportunity to speak with you at length regarding your recent stay with us. We have shared your experience with Mr Jerry Wenzel, Director of Engineering so that we may implement a more robust preventive maintenance program as it relates to our air conditioning. Please note that he has moved forward with the installation of a glass enclosure in the bathroom in order to contain the water within the shower. I have also shared your comments with Mr Jose Pastrana, Club 50 Manager so that we may prevent future such occurrences which clearly we regret.

Thank you for affording us the opportunity to restore your trust and faith in Viceroy Miami. Kindly please call me when your travel plans next bring you to Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Our recent visit at the Viceroy exceeded all expectations and makes downtown Miami a wothwhile destination. The infinity pool is umatched by any other city hotel that we have visited, much to the delight of my daughter. At night it transforms into a spectacular common area with great views of the lighted skyline.

The service was great too. Upon arrival, the valet recognized that I left my cell phone in the car and took immediate steps to track me down and get it to me. Throughout the stay, the staff was knowledable of the area and easily directed us to our various destinations. On our last day, a bell hop in the hallway seemed to read our minds and took care of our late checkout so that we would not have to make a request in the lobby.

The room price was very competitive. We opted for special pre-pay offer and upgraded to a junior suite which was worth the additional few dollars. While the views from the rooms are nothing special (rooms are located on the first 15 floors and a little noisy in the am), the junior suite was large and the bathroom was also roomy and clean.

In sum, this hotel is just as stylish as the upscale Southbeach boutiques.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your incredible feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that the inspiring design of our guest room accommodations and amenities as well as the intuitive service that was afforded to you by our colleagues was successful in providing you with a stylish and upscale alternative to South Beach.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!