“Classy and Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Classy and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have to say, this is possibly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at in the U.S. My friend and I were able to afford this hotel because they had a special where the 3rd night was free. We also decided to upgrade to a nicer room for $9 a night which was a great deal. There was a long hallway leading into our room and we had a corner room so it was quite spacious. We had a nice view of palm trees and a balcony that overlooked the street. Brian at the front desk was most helpful with recommending restaurants to visit in Brickell and South Beach. The beds were very comfortable and we had no problems sleeping. The hotel is situated between South Beach and Virginia Key/Coral Gables, so it's a good location if you want to visit both. There were many nice touches such as the huge towels and the high quality toiletries which come in large bottles and cut down on waste. The pool on the 15th floor is quite memorable and it's worth lounging at and getting a drink. Club 50 has spectacular views and drink specials are good on certain nights if you go early. It was also a nice touch that you can use a laptop in the lobby for free. The staff are superb and the room is gorgeous and feels like a high class apartment. However, if you are traveling with your girlfriend, you must be comfortable with the open bathroom layout (the toilet has a door at least)! I would definitely stay at this hotel next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our tastefully appointed accommodations and amenities. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional levels of guest service and I am proud to learn that Brian, Lifestyle Assistant was successful in achieving this with you. We were delighted that your experience at Club 50 and our Pool on the 15th floor created everlasting memories for you and your companion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Viceroy Miami. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Best of the best in Miami. We stayed at the Epic and at the Viceroy. The Viceroy is just perfect under every point of view, loved the pool and the Condo (great bathroom). The girl at the front desk, Trish, was charming and very nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations and are being recognized as the “Best of the best in Miami.” We are pleased that you enjoyed our tastefully appointed décor in our guest accommodations and our luxurious infinity Pool. We are truly proud of our colleagues and the charming and intuitive service that was afforded to you.

We are humbled for such a tremendous accolade and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel this year always on business trips. So far I have enjoyed it very much but this last time I was able to explore the hotel a little bit more. The place is extremely well done, the Gym-SPA is very good and staff is very helpful. Also there are three different outdoor pools one with hot water which was surprising taking into consideration that Miami weather is typically hot (although last week was a little cold for Miami standards). The restaurant on the 15 floor is also good and the staff there very helpful. If you are traveling through Miami and want a nice place for a good price this is the moment to go since this hotel will not remain at this low prices for long. Once the economy rebounds this will be a very pricey location. One annoying thing was that the rooms are all with free WIFI and the hotel gives guests free laptops to use but something happened since my first stay back in January and now you have to use the laptop in the lobby which is not very helpful if you need to work. This should be corrected, I usually do not travel with my laptop to avoid airport security problems so having a courtesy laptop is high on my list but then only providing it for lobby use is not very business friendly. Apart from that, I highly rate this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. We are pleased that you found our Pool and Fitness Center at the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell to your satisfaction. We are delighted that you were able to leisurely experience our property during this visit. Thank you for recognizing our colleagues at Café Icon, bistro e and Eos for the intuitive service that was provided to you.

I regret to learn that we failed to provide you with a laptop for use in your guest accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Kindly please call me directly when your travel plans next brings you to Viceroy Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

My partner and our 2 teenage children vacationed for 6 nights at the Viceroy Miami. Although we typically stay on South Beach when vacationing in Miami, this time it was time for a change. As one of the dads, I wanted a 6 days of sun, service, and relaxation in a first rate resort in downtown Miami. This was our first visit to the Viceroy. The representatives at the front desk welcomed us with smiles (and as if we were the first guests ever to visit the hotel - keep in mind, we travel often and work in customer service for fortune 500 companies.

For the phenomal rate our 2 rooms (one for the kids and one for the adults), the rooms were spectacular - marble, flat screen TV, large shower, double vanity, and luxurious bed (could have slept all day). We had to leave the room to lounge by the specatcular infinity pool overlooking Byscayne Bay. After enjoying an amazing tme each morning at the Spa/Fitness Center (who couldn't workout with glass windows overlooking Byscayne Bay?) This was my ritual every morning for 6 days - away at 8, work out til 10, eat a few prunes and drink the cranberry juiice at the spa (think they were telling us something?), shower, then head to the pool for sun and swimming (with almost no one in this massive pool). At 11:30am the kids and my partner arrived for a brief swim before it was time for food at the hotels bistro/e - the service was beyond excellent and the food was outstanding - coming from DC, the decor was refreshing and relaxing. We are really food snobs (just to ourselves) - the food here was fantastic.

One of the best things about this vacation - aside from the our 2 great kids and my wonderful partner, was the great staff at the Viceroy (my kids know that - if I receive great service I will always let the manager know - which isn't very often) - well, the service pool side was 10+ (even during a busy weekend). All of our servers were anticipated when we wanted something - I just hate to look for a waiter. One waiter in particular, David, was just outstanding (wish I could remember the name of the other servers - they were great too). David was always busy AND always took time to check in with every person to see if they needed more food, drinks, etc. He was an absolute professional.

Well, this review has gone on too long. I guess I'm longing for another visit to the Viceroy - it's been 2 months since our visit. We are difinity looking to return very soon. The wraps at Cafe Icon are great, visit the amazing spa, linger at dusk by the pool, swim early to enjoy one of the largest pools in Miami by yourself, and, well, enjoy Miami!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you and your family with a phenomenal experience from the amenities in our guest accommodations, to the state of the art Fitness Center at the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell, to the gorgeous infinity Pool and our innovative culinary offerings. We are truly proud of our colleagues and the intuitive service that we provide our guests.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition; kindly, please call me so that I may personally assist you in planning your next family vacation to Viceroy Miami. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I booked with priceline "name your own price" for $100 per night and priceline doesn't tell you the name of your hotel until your price has been accepted. So when I checked out the hotel online I was nicely surprised but still skeptical. I figured that once we got there we get one of the older rooms that had not been upgraded or something like that.

However, upon arriving I see some of the the nicest most expensive cars in the valet area/check in area. So I was pleasantly surprised.

Upon checking in the front desk attendant was very nice, she helped us get checked in with no issues. Check in was painless. I don't know how to describe the lobby decor but it was different. I like it though. Everything seemed new. I asked the attendant if the hotel was new and she said it was 18 months old. She directed us around the corner to the elevators.

There is a little alcove behind the check in desk before you get to the elevators where you can purchase items.

At the elevator I couldn't figure out how to get it to move and the bellhop saw us informed us that we had to use our room key to activate the elevator to take us up to our floor. I thought that was a great security feature. I have never been to a hotel with this feature. So again a nice surprise.

In our room, everthing seemed new and pretty (914 and 907 were our room numbers) the furniture was dark and the bathroom door was a wooden double door leading to the large bathroom. There was a seperate little room in the bathroom where the toilet was with a door so you dont have to see your spouse while you're in the shower. The shower was marble (or a similar stone) from floor to ceiling. The shower was HUGE! Double sinks and I had to (again) figure out how to use to the sink. Fancy bathroom. The bathroom was huge with large containers of lotion and body wash (smelled really good) to use and to purchase if you choose.

The bedroom was spacious. It was very pleasing to the eyes. It was very unlike any Marriott or chain hotel I have been to. The carpet was super soft and so were the huge king sized pillows and the soft comfy bed! Excellent.

The pool was on the 15th floor. It was an infinity pool and its HUGE. The hot tub seats 40 people. The view is spectacular from the 15th floor. They have a couple resteraunts, and a spa but we didnt visit any area other than the pool. I wish we could have stayed longer!

The only thing I didn't know was teh caliber of the hotel and that there is NO PARKING. It's all valet and the cost is $30 per night so plan to add that into the cost per night. In addition you have to tip for everything but teh SERVICE WAS PHENOMENAL!!! I can't stress that enough! I would definitely go back!

Oh and you can call the front desk and they will print your airline boarding passes and they will bring them to your room in less than 5 minutes! Everyone was always smiling and very nice!

*I rated the hotel a 5 for value because I was able to book at a reduced rate however the hotel listed rate from their website is expensive*

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were sincerely humbled that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with phenomenal service. What an amazing review…

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may experience bistro e, and the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell. In the interim, we remain at your service.

NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Rooms are huge, views are great, the bathrooms are immaculate. The pool and the patio areas outside are absolutely phenomenal. All of the amenities and a great service staff are there to cater to your every need with a smile, but are not in your face the entire time clamouring for tips and such. We had the breakfast buffet, which isn't really a buffet in a traditional sense (you are brought your food, but can re-order as much as you want) and were ecstatic - the pastries are great, the granola's wonderful, all of the juices are freshly squeezed, bla bla bla - absolutely awesome.

I'm a die hard New Yorker and this hotel and the surrounding condo units are making me consider Miami as a viable living option.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations from gracious service delivery, tastefully appointed décor and innovative culinary offerings.

We were sincerely humbled that we may have influenced your decision to relocate to Miami.

We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest and a local. In interim, we remain at your service.

FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

The Viceroy is a gorgeous hotel where they know how to treat their guests. Everything was fantastic about my stay, from the mini-kitchenette where I was able to keep my own food for snacks and breakfast, the insanely large bathroom with great water pressure, beautiful views of the water, I could go on and on. Fantastic fitness center as well with a great variety of equipment. Also - they offer free wireless internet in the rooms, which just makes sense in today's day and age. Nothing is more annoying than a ridiculous charge by a hotel to access the internet. My only complaints would be the valet service can sometimes be slow - I called 10 minutes prior to going downstairs one morning, and still waited another 10 minutes before my car was brought around; and the only way to the fitness center is to go outside to the 15th level, walk across the pool deck into the other building and go down an elevator. A little ridiculous, and would really suck in bad weather. And a suggestion, unless I missed it, it would be nice to have somewhere to pick up a cup of coffee "to go" in the AM - you need a Ph.D. to work the cappuccino machine in the guest rooms. Overall, this was a fantastic hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We were truly delighted that you considered our tastefully appointed décor and appointments, state of the art Fitness Center along with complimentary Wi-Fi services throughout the property as highlights from your recent stay with us.

I regret to learn of your less than satisfactory experience with our valet services. I have shared your candid feedback with Mr Rene Roman, Director of Rooms to ensure greater reliability and consistency to prevent future such repeat occurrences. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings. You will be pleased to know that we now offer “To-Go” items at Café Icon to better serve the multiple needs of our guests.

Kindly please call me next time your travels bring you to Miami so I may personally assist you with our Illy™ coffee machine.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you home soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Area General Manager

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!