“From the front door "ahhh"” 5 of 5 stars

Mojitos
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Durham, North Carolina
“From the front door "ahhh"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I booked with priceline "name your own price" for $100 per night and priceline doesn't tell you the name of your hotel until your price has been accepted. So when I checked out the hotel online I was nicely surprised but still skeptical. I figured that once we got there we get one of the older rooms that had not been upgraded or something like that.

However, upon arriving I see some of the the nicest most expensive cars in the valet area/check in area. So I was pleasantly surprised.

Upon checking in the front desk attendant was very nice, she helped us get checked in with no issues. Check in was painless. I don't know how to describe the lobby decor but it was different. I like it though. Everything seemed new. I asked the attendant if the hotel was new and she said it was 18 months old. She directed us around the corner to the elevators.

There is a little alcove behind the check in desk before you get to the elevators where you can purchase items.

At the elevator I couldn't figure out how to get it to move and the bellhop saw us informed us that we had to use our room key to activate the elevator to take us up to our floor. I thought that was a great security feature. I have never been to a hotel with this feature. So again a nice surprise.

In our room, everthing seemed new and pretty (914 and 907 were our room numbers) the furniture was dark and the bathroom door was a wooden double door leading to the large bathroom. There was a seperate little room in the bathroom where the toilet was with a door so you dont have to see your spouse while you're in the shower. The shower was marble (or a similar stone) from floor to ceiling. The shower was HUGE! Double sinks and I had to (again) figure out how to use to the sink. Fancy bathroom. The bathroom was huge with large containers of lotion and body wash (smelled really good) to use and to purchase if you choose.

The bedroom was spacious. It was very pleasing to the eyes. It was very unlike any Marriott or chain hotel I have been to. The carpet was super soft and so were the huge king sized pillows and the soft comfy bed! Excellent.

The pool was on the 15th floor. It was an infinity pool and its HUGE. The hot tub seats 40 people. The view is spectacular from the 15th floor. They have a couple resteraunts, and a spa but we didnt visit any area other than the pool. I wish we could have stayed longer!

The only thing I didn't know was teh caliber of the hotel and that there is NO PARKING. It's all valet and the cost is $30 per night so plan to add that into the cost per night. In addition you have to tip for everything but teh SERVICE WAS PHENOMENAL!!! I can't stress that enough! I would definitely go back!

Oh and you can call the front desk and they will print your airline boarding passes and they will bring them to your room in less than 5 minutes! Everyone was always smiling and very nice!

*I rated the hotel a 5 for value because I was able to book at a reduced rate however the hotel listed rate from their website is expensive*

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were sincerely humbled that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with phenomenal service. What an amazing review…

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may experience bistro e, and the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Rooms are huge, views are great, the bathrooms are immaculate. The pool and the patio areas outside are absolutely phenomenal. All of the amenities and a great service staff are there to cater to your every need with a smile, but are not in your face the entire time clamouring for tips and such. We had the breakfast buffet, which isn't really a buffet in a traditional sense (you are brought your food, but can re-order as much as you want) and were ecstatic - the pastries are great, the granola's wonderful, all of the juices are freshly squeezed, bla bla bla - absolutely awesome.

I'm a die hard New Yorker and this hotel and the surrounding condo units are making me consider Miami as a viable living option.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations from gracious service delivery, tastefully appointed décor and innovative culinary offerings.

We were sincerely humbled that we may have influenced your decision to relocate to Miami.

We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest and a local. In interim, we remain at your service.

FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

The Viceroy is a gorgeous hotel where they know how to treat their guests. Everything was fantastic about my stay, from the mini-kitchenette where I was able to keep my own food for snacks and breakfast, the insanely large bathroom with great water pressure, beautiful views of the water, I could go on and on. Fantastic fitness center as well with a great variety of equipment. Also - they offer free wireless internet in the rooms, which just makes sense in today's day and age. Nothing is more annoying than a ridiculous charge by a hotel to access the internet. My only complaints would be the valet service can sometimes be slow - I called 10 minutes prior to going downstairs one morning, and still waited another 10 minutes before my car was brought around; and the only way to the fitness center is to go outside to the 15th level, walk across the pool deck into the other building and go down an elevator. A little ridiculous, and would really suck in bad weather. And a suggestion, unless I missed it, it would be nice to have somewhere to pick up a cup of coffee "to go" in the AM - you need a Ph.D. to work the cappuccino machine in the guest rooms. Overall, this was a fantastic hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We were truly delighted that you considered our tastefully appointed décor and appointments, state of the art Fitness Center along with complimentary Wi-Fi services throughout the property as highlights from your recent stay with us.

I regret to learn of your less than satisfactory experience with our valet services. I have shared your candid feedback with Mr Rene Roman, Director of Rooms to ensure greater reliability and consistency to prevent future such repeat occurrences. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings. You will be pleased to know that we now offer “To-Go” items at Café Icon to better serve the multiple needs of our guests.

Kindly please call me next time your travels bring you to Miami so I may personally assist you with our Illy™ coffee machine.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you home soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Viceroy for two weeks on a business trip. The Viceroy far exceeded my expectations. The entire staff was wonderful. They are friendly, helpful, and always taking care of their guests. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The views from my corner room were of the bay and the financial district. The pools and tanning areas are awesome. I found the view from the infinity pool looking out over the bay was most relaxing. The fitness center was spacious and well equipped, and it too had a beautiful view of the water. The spa was a special treat and a great place to unwind. At the end of my two weeks, I only wished it had been a longer stay (without the business part)!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most encouraging and rewarding feedback from your recent two week stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you an outstanding and exceptional experience from the gracious service to the tastefully appointed décor to the state of the art Fitness Center, Pool and Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back home soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The Viceroy is truly a beautiful hotel. It has great amenities, including a beautiful spa and the largest infinity pool in Florida. The rooms are beautiful and hi-tech. And overall, I had an amazing vacation.

• Stayed August 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous compliments from your recent vacation with us.

We were truly delighted that you were pleased with our amenities from the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell to our sexy infinity pool. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional levels of guest service and we are pleased that you experienced an amazing and relaxing vacation.”

We look forward to welcoming you home soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

South Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

One of the most beautiful and original spas I have ever seen. Beautiful and Lavish Hotel with outstanding service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with outstanding intuitive service. We sincerely appreciate your recognition of the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell and are truly humbled by your tremendous accolade of being a “beautiful and lavish hotel.”

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Had a great stay!! Everything from the staff, the food, the rooms, and the spa!!! All was amazing!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and rewarding compliments from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an excellent experience from the gracious service from our colleagues to our décor to our farm to table approach with our cuisine to the plush Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Conrad Miami
#8 of 115 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,319 reviews

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!