“Perfect for a long weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Relax More, Pay Less
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Perfect for a long weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

My 21 year old niece and I stayed at the Viceroy for 4 nights in June. This was a college graduation gift and our intent was to hang by the pool, eat well and use the spa/gym. I researched a lot of Miami hotels prior to this trip and I was extremely happy I selected the Viceroy. The hotel is an easy ride from the airport and is centrally located in the Brickell Bay area. Check in was a breeze with a very friendly front desk staff member.

Our room was huge and fabulous! I cannot say enough about how clean, spacious and modern our end unit double queen room was. We were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations! Per the other reviews, the pool area is amazing and offers great views of the bay. There are plenty of lounge chairs, day beds and shady areas. There is a small thatched roof stand right by the pool with an attendant handing out towels every morning. The poolside restaurant, Café Icon, offered up tasty Panini sandwiches, salads and drinks. They are open for breakfast and lunch. The café offers poolside service so it’s easy to wave down a server to order your lunch and/or drink selection. The spa and health club are, by far, one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel setting. The gym has beautiful views and offers up the latest in cardio and weight machines. The common spa area is incredibly striking with chandeliers, huge floor to ceiling windows and soft music. I did not have a spa treatment during my time but took full advantage of the gym and the spa locker/shower area. The gym also offers a listing of daily cardio classes such as zumba, spinning, yoga, dance, etc.

Club 50 at the Viceroy is very cool, however, extremely expensive for cocktails so it would be pricey to stay there all night wining and dining. There are some great restaurants right in the area. The Capital Grill is directly across the street. We ended up there one night at the bar to watch game 7 of the NBA finals. Both the service and food were top notch! We also ventured over to the Epic Hotel which is right next door. They have a happy hour every night with ½ price drinks (which is helpful considering the drinks are about $18). The bar is trendy and full of after work 20 -40 somethings sipping champagne and enjoying the live music. Right inside the Epic Hotel is a brand new restaurant called Zuma. I highly recommend this restaurant for a night out! We opted for the tasting menu ($90/person) and were offered up a non stop selection of tasty treats! Definitely worth the splurge.

Overall, a wonderful stay at the Viceroy and I would not hesitate to return or recommend to anyone visiting the Miami area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our pool services, culinary offerings, Club 50 and guest accommodations. I am pleased to say that we have recently revamped our offerings in regards to pricing to be in keeping with the expectations of our guests.

We are humbled by your tremendous accolade of the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell as “one of the best ever experienced in a hotel setting.” We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I've stayed at the Viceroy several times but this time would be my last. The service and employees at the front desk have been the issue. Not only was my check in not avaliable on time but days after checking out of the Viceroy I reviewed my AMEX statment and notice several charges $280.83 and $90.00 posted to my account. I've taken it up with the accounting department who's yet to correct this matter.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I stayed here with 3 girlfriends over July 4th weekend. The rooms are beautiful, amenities are great, and the pool on the 15th floor is just fabulous!!!!!

However, keep in mind that the Viceroy is not just a hotel, but contains many condo units as well. The lobby is very small as a result, and it feels much more like a condo building than a luxury hotel lobby. Concierge was nice, but not very knowledgeable or helpful. We felt that they could have been more friendly. They eventually warmed up to us by the 4th day, but we were checking out at this point.

The other issue was the location. There is almost nothing going on in this area (financial district). On Saturday afternoon, we had to walk 6 blocks to get to a Starbucks because the closest one was not open on weekends. My friends and I wanted to go to South Beach every day, and this also became an issue, as cab rides are $25 - $30 each way. If you plan to frequent SoBe, I highly recommend staying at one of the hotels there. I had the pleasure of visiting the Fontainbleau, the W, and the Mondrian, which were all gorgeous and more convenient.

One last thing, the illy machine makes great coffee, but it's not free. I believe we were charged $1/pod at check-out. There is also no ice machine. We called the front desk several times a day for them to bring up ice.

In summary though, we loved the rooms (very quiet and luxurious), but if you are visiting Miami to party and go to the beach, this might not be the best place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable and candid feedback with us. We were truly delighted that you enjoyed the many amenities that we had to offer.

I regret that your visit with us did not exceed your expectations as it relates to our location, knowledge of our Lifestyle Assistants and charges for gourmet coffee. I have shared your comments with Mr Rene Roman, Director of Rooms so that we may provide the required training to further improve our knowledge of local establishments as well as our efforts to be more transparent for services that are charged to guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that we may have caused you.

Please allow me to recommend The Tides South Beach, our sister property conveniently located on Ocean Drive on your return visit to Miami. The Tides is in the heart of South Beach and all the restaurants, clubs and bars. Kindly please call me directly when your travel plans next brings you to Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I found the Viceroy staff to be friendly and helpful .

The rooms are beautiful and elegant in an eclectic way. Very much my taste.My room was on a low floor facing the street which was a little noisy during work week.I think most of better and higher views belong to condos? I loved all the black marble and fun artwork and colors.Bathrooms are beautiful ,nice showers and soaking tubs are huge.

The illy espresso maker was a godsend in the mornings and it was nice to have a small elegant mini kitchen with high end crystal and china along with microwave ,cook top and fridge to store goodies purchased at the huge new Publix at Mary Brickell village.
The car service made that so easy.
Saved me from purchasing the Ruinart from the minibar twice.

Had a couple issues with room service , they actually forgot my dinner order completely one night, but were very nice about it when I called 45- 1 hr later to inquire and comped it after retaking order.

Pool Deck is amazing and huge.It was very cool at the time of my stay so the warm jacuzzi pool was perfect .
Only saw pictures of the spa and it looked fabulous but never made it there perhaps next time.Same goes for club 50 pool as weather got colder.
all in all a wonderful stay

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an exceptional experience from the tastefully appointed decor to the gracious service that was afforded to you by our colleagues. I regret to learn of your in room dining experience but was pleased that we reacted promptly to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may experience the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary at the Viceroy Miami and we LOVED it here. This hotel's really got it all - top notch amenities (i.e. BEAUTIFUL and HUGE infinity pool with amazing views on the 15th floor and complimentary access to the beautiful plunge pools and the fitness center at the spa for hotel guests), unique, modern but comfortable rooms, good food, a bed we did not want to get out of in the morning and reasonable pricing for both room and food. And the staff was AMAZING - exactly what my husband and I love - a friendly, responsive, soft spoken and competent staff that is not overbearing. I even enjoyed the Neil George bathroom products in the rooms - the conditioner was GREAT and not the watered down types that you usually find in hotel rooms. My only issue with the hotel was the distance to South Beach ($25 - $30 cab rides so we rented a car) but I thought the hotel more than made up for the drive in every other way. We just hope the staff keeps up the great work at this hotel because the bar has been set high with our first stay!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our plunge pools, to our culinary offerings to the sumptuous bed experience. We are truly proud of our colleagues and are pleased that we have raised the bar for exceptional service in Miami.

We are humbled that you chose to celebrate your first anniversary with us and hope to welcome you back for many more. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

The Viceroy was all I thought it would be plus much more! Our wonderful experience began the moment we pulled up. The valet attendants were prompt and courteous and the warmth of the hotels' staff continued inside the lobby. We were checked in promptly and escorted to our room by Rick who was more than helpful with the layout of the hotel and things to get into within walking distance of the hotel. The beauty of the place is awesome, the pool is splendid and the service is exceptional. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Miami.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an exceptional experience.

We are humbled by your tremendous accolade of being recognized as the “Best Ever”. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

This was the second time we stayed at the Viceroy. We live a couple of hours away on the Gulf Coast and the hotel made such an impression on us the first time that we wanted to go back. They have promotions on their web site that we thought were a good deal. We did the Florida resident package that gives you a room upgrade. The junior suite was beautiful and the staff is very friendly. The kitchen is very convenient and the floor to ceiling windows give stunning views. What made the biggest impression on us the first time was the pool area and it's views. It was equally as beautiful however our only complaint was the loud sound of construction on site. I'm not sure what they were doing this day but the sound of cutting metal took away the tranquility of the pool that we had experienced the first time. This was our only dissapointment since we were so looking forward to relaxing poolside. However I'm sure this is not an everyday occurance and I would, and have recommended this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!