“My new favorite hotel in Miami!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #22 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, FL
“My new favorite hotel in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed here Memorial Day weekend for two nights. This was my second stay at the hotel and it was even better than the first because I was able to enjoy all of the amenities, including the awesome pools! This place has a great view of Miami from the 15th floor pool deck! Beautiful views of the bay, Port of Miami, etc. The fitnees center and spa area is a must see! There is also a smaller pool on the 50th floor wih awesome views of the city!

Stayed in a double room in December and was upgraded to a one bedroom suite in May! The rooms are top notch! The Neil George bath products in the suites are to die for! I could just move into this place with my clothes only. The suite was basically a small luxury condo.

Staff was very kind and helpful. This hotel is not stuffy and pretentious! Short walk to Mary Brickell Village for Starbucks, PF Changs, Balans, Subway, and other food spots. There is also a Publix grocery store in the village. The hotel sits right next to the Miami River and overlooks the bay. Remember, this is Brickell Avenue (Financial District and lots of Condos, just south of downtown). South Beach is a short drive away if that's what you're looking for. I love the Brickell area and will never stay on South Beach. Other options in the area include the Epic, Four Seasons, JW Marriott, Mandarin Oriental, and the Conrad. I have stayed at all except the Mandarin. The Four Seasons is also top notch (great place to relax, get good sleep, and good service!) but has a different vibe than the Viceroy. The Viceroy is a luxury boutique hotel for those who have an appreciation for the good life!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights on the final leg of our honeymoon that had started in San Francisco a week and a half prior so was looking fwd to some relaxation time.

Received a complimentary upgrade on arrival to a junior suite as it was our honeymoon which i think is a really nice touch as only a few hotels had offered this to us. To offer the upgrade even though we were on a stay 3 nights pay for 2 i thought was extremely generous and its touches like this that make you spread the word about a place and make you want to return.....hence the review.

The room itself was simply gorgeous....best ive ever stayed in and ive stayed at a few 5 star hotels worldwide. Doorway lead into main room with black marble floor that housed a kitchen that could be put out of sight with a sliding partition with the most gorgeous furniture that resembled authentic havana. There was a balcony that looked over a beautiful church, next was the bedroom with a beautiful 4 poster framed bed which lead into the biggest bathroom ever. Really loved the illy coffee machine as it was by far the nicest coffee of our trip.

The pool area was really nice with loads of loungers available, particularly loved the double loungers....so comfy! The view at the end of the infinity pool was stunning as you looked out towards miami beach. The spa was visually stunning but found it not very relaxing, a bit pretentious if im honest. A bit like the club 50 that i think is affiliated to the hotel, amazing to be in a pool on the 50th floor or having a drink but a bit too pretentious for us, just a personal thing so dont let it put you off.

The location is downtown which to be honest i liked as pretty quiet at night but south beach is the place to be in the evening and so you were looking at a $20 taxi each way to get there. We got the bus to south beach for $2 during the day from a stop only 10 min walk from Hotel so getting around is easy.

Overall myself and my new wife loved this place and would love to return one day, in fact we are already looking at planning a cruise with a 3 night stop over in Miami so im hoping its sooner rather than later.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for choosing Viceroy Miami to celebrate your honeymoon.

We were humbled to receive your generous feedback and thank you for your high praise of your experience. I am sorry that you found Viceroy Spa and Club 50 to not be in keeping with your personal taste.

Once again, we thank you for your vote of recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Viceroy Hotel Group
485 Brickell Avenue
Miami, Florida 33131
T 305 503 4410 F 786 329 5741
C 305 389 1598
shan.kanagasingham@viceroyhotelsandresorts.com
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This hotel is great! The rooms, pool, spa, restaurant, night club, room service and staff are all top notch! I travel often and always stay at top hotels, this hotel is one of the best I have ever been to. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback and high praise of being “top notch.” We were truly delighted that we exceed your expectations and you are a fan of our services and amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My wife and I had frequented the Viceroy about a year ago. One of the things that we noticed is that while the hotel itself is a unique hotel as it relates to the layout and the rooms, we did notice the service of the hotel was actually very good.

We travelled about the same time (May) and on our last trip, they had several people at the front desk to help you to your room, nice service by the poo, and excellent spa service. My how a year can make a difference.

For most of our stay, what we saw were salesman walking around trying to sell condo units of the Viceroy. Not a problem or a nuisance. What was more troubling was the lack of service provided by the hotel.

For example, there was no one in the fitness center to help with machines, wiping down machines, filling up water. Nothing. At the pool, there was no food service at the pool on the 15th floor. You would have to go to the cafe in order to get a drink or food. Last year, we had people helping us often, taking up plates, bringing drinks, and someone offering free fruit as you enter the pool area.

What was more disturbing is what was NOT happening on the 50th floor. The pool up there wasn't even staffed. The pool isn't arranged with chairs, it's now more of a seating area I guess for Club 50 around the pool. The bar wasn't open, no one to offer food, and the restaurant wasn't staffed. We found it funny that if anyone wanted a beer, they could help themselves as the chest was wide open for use. All you needed was a bottle opener.

It's evident that the hotel is trying to reduce cost as much as possible. Perhaps Club 50 didn't take off the way they had hoped. I mean we even noticed they changed the channels in the rooms. It used to be over 250 channels, now it's about 30. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that, but it's the little difference you're beginning to see from this hotel.

The rooms are still very nice, plenty of towels, nice shower, bathtup is small, but overall still very nice. We had a junior suite, and it was nice and cold as we entered the room. The room thermostat was at 66 degrees (they could probably save money on that by turning it up to 72).

We got it for a rate of $185 for 1 night on Perfect Escapes, but if I had paid more, based upon my previous stay, I would have been disappointed.

Would I stay there again? Probably not.at least, not if I have to get up and get my own drinks at the pool or have none at all if I go to the pool on the 50th floor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Area General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I was truly disappointed and embarrassed to learn of the lack of food service at Icon Pool. Rest assured that this has since been remedied and we have a team of Pool Attendants and Servers to cater to our guests without having to patronize Café Icon’s service. I understand that this was further compounded by lack of service at Viceroy Pool. I offer no excuses but to advise you that we recently opened this facility to guests beginning May 8th, 2010.

We have shared your candid feedback with Mr Patrick Huey, Corporate Director of Spa in respect to the lack of fitness colleague available to assist, routinely wipe down machines and refill amenities in our Fitness Centre. This is certainly not indicative of the standards that we pride ourselves on.

Your experience has been discussed at length and rest assured that processes have been reviewed to ensure greater reliability and consistency in efforts to prevent future such guest dissatisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies and forgive us for our shortcomings.

I sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence and trust in us. Please consider returning to Viceroy Miami and I kindly ask that you call me so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Just spent one night, but came away really impressed. Booked a junior suite as part of an Expedia package and got one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in -- corner suite with floor to ceiling windows on all sides, balcony, gorgeous marble bathroom with beautiful shower, deep tub and very high quality toiletries, to-die-for bed. Ricardo at the front desk got me an early check-in when I arrived before I intended, and his level of friendliness and service was the rule rather than the exception. Certain aspects of the decor are definitely a little hyperventilated and some might prefer the bustle of Miami Beach to the sort of boring downtown location, but for businesspeople, it's hard to imagine there are many better values for money in the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
ViceroyMiami, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our tastefully appointed accommodations and personalized services. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional levels of guest service and I am proud that Mr Ricardo Cullar, Guest Service Agent was successful in achieving this with you.

We thank you for your high praise and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

The hotel and staff were great and if wasnt for the spa I would have rated it higher, but they claim they are a hotel AND spa and that is too bad.
The spa was one of the main reasons my friends and I went to this particular hotel.
The spa service started at least 20min late, I had two services and the first one was good the second person who did my pedicure did not speak english very well and definitly did not understand english!
I asked her to please not use salt scrub on my other leg after the first one started burning....she smiled and nodded and preceded to use the salt scrub....OUCH, my skin is very sensative.
Next, the service was suppose to be 60 min...well she was done in 30!!!!.......this was the MOST expensive and WORST pedicure I have ever had, and I frequent spa's often.
You also need to be aware that gratitudy is included in everything...from spa services to the bar drinks. I dont mind tipping.....but I just think I should be satisified with the service provided.
I should also say that the staff at the spa did offer me a discount after I complained, but my day was already ruined. Oh and the person who provided the service still got a big tip!!
It is too bad that the spa was so horrible......when the hotel is so beautiful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to pen your recent experience with us.

I was truly disappointed and embarrassed to learn of your experience at Viceroy Spa from the delay in service delivery to the challenges in communicating with your therapist to the lack of transparency by the Spa Attendant in respect to the inclusion of the service charge on your final bill. This is certainly not indicative of the standards that we pride ourselves on. Please accept our sincere apologies for these shortcomings and note that you have been fully refunded for the pedicure service that you received on the credit card provided. Rest assured that we have taken measures to ensure that every guest receipt prints with gratuity details as well as providing the required training to have the attendant inform our guests when presenting the final receipt.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to respond to my e-mail when I learnt of your experience. I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence and trust in us. Kindly call me so that I may personally take care of your arrangements when your travels next bring you to Miami. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Stayed 1 night only pre cruise but would have loved to stay longer and will go back when next in Miami. A very unique boutique property near pier and excellent location for walk over to Bayside. From check in to check out nothing but friendly service and attitudes. The 14th floor is home to a beautiful restaurant and a most incredible pool area and as well this awesome spa which is a must see. Everything top notch. Would love to move that bedroom and bathroom directly to my home. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted that your experience was amazing and that we exceeded your expectations. We are truly proud of Eos, Viceroy Spa and our Pool and concur they are outstanding amenities for our guests enjoyment.

Shan Kanagasingham

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!