“Miami review” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Miami review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently to celebrate a birthday. The hotel is modern, clean and more luxurious than other Miami hotels. The amenities are flawless, especially the spa pool area. The pool deck on the 15th floor offers an amazing view night/day. The pool deck was very empty at night and a perfect setting for a couple to take in Miami bay views. As a local, not having a beach on site was no big deal as I can visit often but if you are traveling to Miami for a beach getaway, this hotel may not be ideal... Although south beach is just a short drive away. The hotel has a club offering more views on its 50th floor, VERY pricey drinks.

The room was spacious and the bathroom was a dream. The only hiccup was during checking when they offered me a residential suite and it seemed a downgrade from the one bedroom suite I had booked. I had stayed at the hotel before so I knew what the room could offer.... Maybe the girls at the front desk thought I was naive? Regardless, they immediately changed my room back to the one I had booked in the hotel tower without hesitating and they were very nice. I found it a bit odd that wifi was unreliable and limited to one device... As one of the "nicer" Miami hotels that caters to a Brickell/downtown population, Wifi shouldn't be set up like this. Also, in room coffee is $1? Really?

Housekeeping stopped by once a day to check in on our needs (ice, towels, etc)... A nice touch

We had dinner at the hotel as well and the view was beautiful and the service was superb. The plates were tapas style and enough for us, decent happy hour specials.
Overall the price and modern sophistication of this hotel was right on.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Cristina S,

Thank you very much for choosing Viceroy Miami for your recent birthday and congratulations!
I am glad to read that you had a fantastic time for this special occasion!

Many of our regular guests prefer the fabulous and one of a kind Icon Brickell infinity pool on the 15th floor to the busy and cluttered beaches of South Beach. For first time visitors to Miami, Brickell may not be a first choice though.

You will be pleased to know that we are going to be upgrading the free Wifi to two devices per room with a higher speed for everyone based on so many travelers feedback on this subject. Illy espresso coffee is complimentary at the hotel and all Minibar menus will be updated this month to reflect that.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed in March 2014 for my last night enjoying Miami Music Week. I wish I had chosen to stay longer to take advantage of all the amenities at the hotel! My experiences with the desk were superb. The check-in process was efficient, and they were receptive to my calls and requests. For example, I requested extra towels the night of my stay and they were promptly delivered to my room and available to me on the bathroom counter when I returned. I also appreciated receiving a courtesy call the morning of my departure.

A note on the ambiance: I was definitely appreciative of the decor that was part the Viceroy and the adjoining Icon Brickell buildings. I've seen some people criticize the art, but I found it captivating!

I attended Club Fifty the night of my stay where a friend happened to be doing a set. Club Fifty was great and the views of the city were phenomenal. I will say, however that I was disappointed with the selection at the bar that night. Certain cocktails that appeared on the drink menus were not actually available! The pool area also had an odor (my primary criticism) which I assume was due to improper cleaning from a previous event.

Overall, I had a nice (but brief) stay. I would definitely consider staying at the Viceroy again to get a better feel for it, but I would consider other options as well based on entertainment availability and the the purpose of future travel to Miami. Thanks for a comfy stay, and some great memories!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear ScottP,

Thank you for staying with us during Winter Music last March.

What a crazy time for us: we hosted 10 consecutive days of pool parties at Fifty Ultra Lounge.
We are already planning for WMC 2015 and will probably focus on 5 exceptional events and allow for some breathing room in between!

You will be pleased to hear that we recently reviewed our cocktail and wine menus at the restaurant and at Fifty for more variety!

For your next visit, you should definitely try our Spa and take some time to enjoy the longest infinity pool in South Florida!

Warm regards and until next time,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great hotel. I stayed for a week & it was easy & relaxed. Rooms were spacious, very clean & had a balcony. Service was great, premises were very clean & staff was knowledgable & very helpful!! Beautiful pool. Fabulous spa & nice gym where they offer spinning class & more!!!! Very well located & if you have a dog they have the most beautiful park that goes around the Miami river. Food was very good too.
I was impressed

Room Tip: Maybe choose one that looks to the Miami river. If TV is important for you make sure that you can w...
Green Features: I think they are conscience with their environmental practices
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear E113,

Thank you for staying with us during your last visit and for your kind review.

I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay with us for your weeklong visit in Miami.
We are both pet friendly and fitness enthusiasts: surrounded by dog walking options along the water and featuring a humongous Spa and Wellness center!

We hope to see you again soon, check our new “The Greater the Stay, the less you pay” promotion if you come back before winter starts.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Good access to the city and nice accommodations. The hotel is a boutique operation in the heart of the business district.

Fitness center/gym was large and high quality. Restaurant was disappointing. Do not recommend eating there as service was slow and orders incorrect.

Stayed July 2014
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear My_feedback_4_u,

Thank you for your 4 star review.

We do boast some of the largest and most high tech gym facilities in the city for such an intimate boutique hotel: we actually feature Technogym equipment throughout which is the number one leading fitness equipment brand today.

I was disappointed to hear about your dining experience, especially as our newly redesigned restaurant, 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar has been rated in the top 4 best restaurants in Miami lately. I wish I had more information to research what happened!

Hopefully your business demands will bring you back to Miami and our restaurant team can win you back !

See you soon,

Genenral Manager
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms in Saturday after my cruise. The front desk lady let me check-in early for a room and being upgrade in a suite when there is room... So they are trying to help....Great view to see the bay and big area to sit with friends or family!
Staffs are nice and rooms are clean... The pool and the view upstair is amazing! Taxi is always available in front of the hotel... One microwave in each room, so which is good when you need to reheat any food! Easy check in and fast check out.
On the other hand, I hate it because the internet is very slow and most of the time is not working... You cannot view video and only one device can connect the wifi... Noises are all around from party upstair in suite or traffic from road in standard room...
A good hotel for fun but not for sleep from my point of view!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Tammy T,

Thank you for your ambiguously titled review.

I very much appreciate your praise regarding our colleagues and the suite that stayed in: it seems that you had a water view room overlooking the Miami River from your description, which is our best accommodation.

We do offer free Wifi but, as a couple of previous reviewers also commented on, it currently includes one device free or charge per room. Note that we are constantly reviewing our bandwidth to see how to best distribute complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel and restaurants.
Lastly, I almost chuckled at your comment “a good hotel for fun but not for sleep” as you probably described the perfect destination for many of our repeat guests who select Viceroy Miami for the amenities that we provide, including the endless nightlife options, on and off property! Regardless, we will continue to work on improving the noise control from other guests to ensure a seamless and restful night for all regular sleepers.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed in world class hotels across the globe but Viceroy is one of my top 5. Great design, friendly people and the rooms are just amazing with this modern art deco design. Further they have a great outside pool and spa as well. When I come to Miami Viceroy is mine :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dario S,

WOW! What an impactful review: “Viceroy is mine” you said, well, we will gladly be “yours” for the many future visits to come!

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Hotel is in a great location. Rooms are very roomy and comfortable. Well worth the price. Parking is kinda hectic (valet) and a bit expensive. Only one restaurant for three large buildings. Pool is beautiful and the views from there are great. Kinda pricey but very nice if you can afford it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear danmtzjr,

Thank you for staying with us during your last visit in Miami.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that our team took good care of you. Downtown Miami is becoming more and more hectic due to the large amount of new restaurants, retails spaces and offices opening. This is truly where Miami is reborn to rival any large metropolis on the global scene! You can probably tell how passionate I am about my city..
Note that Icon Brickell now hosts 3 restaurants on site: 15th and Vine Kitchen and Bar on the 15th floor, Cipriani and La Cantina both on the ground floors waterside. Hopefully you can enjoy a little dining next time.

Finally, please look at our new promotion “Relax more and pay less” that can answer your concerns about pricing, you can get up to 20% off your stay.

We hope to see you again soon,

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!