“Nice hotel but not again” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #27 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice hotel but not again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Viceroy is in a great location for downtown and is a nice hotel. While we stayed there was a loud whirring noise throughout the hotel that just wouldn't stop. Management handled this well by relocating us to a condo they manage on level 42 (the hotel only goes to 15). While they handled it well and it solved the problem for us, I couldn't stay there again with that noise. The room was great, food and cocktails very nice and pool area and spa best in class. If the noise would go I'd be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Lily1313,

It is so nice to see a review from one of our local fans!
Thank you for coming back to Viceroy.

It seems that you were in a junior suite this time – my favorite room. It has floor to ceiling window in the guestroom and bathroom.

I hope that you had a chance to try our menu at 15th and Vine Kitchen and Bar.
Since you live in Miami, you should come back for Miami Spice in August or in two weeks as Chef Frank launches his late summer menu!

Looking forward to wow you again next time!
Thank you for your loyalty and “remember to live” !

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was a little more than average but I could not make it do halves. The room itself was very nice and the staff were extremely helpful when we arrived (especially as our luggage was lost at London Heathrow for two days). The pool bar and restaurant were great. However, we found the drinks and good quite expensive and the service was just ok. The wifi was tricky to get on to and needed to be logged in to a number of times. Our room was hot and we could not get the air conditioning right. Overall, though, It is in a great location in Mary Brickell and I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DLGJ2013,

We appreciate your review.

I am pleased to hear that your luggage was found in the end : there is nothing worse than having to buy clothes on your first day of vacation!

We do now offer daily happy hour at 15th and Vine Bar with unbeatable pricing for drinks and bar snacks: I wish you could have enjoyed this during your stay.

I am happy to share that we have some interesting packages for the summer that include amenities such as breakfast or drinks at Fifty Ultra lounge which can help you monitor your spending.

Thank you for the heads up on your log in experience with WIFI which we will be looking into. Regarding your concern about the AC, we are working on getting clearer guidelines for our guest as it is motion sensitive and shuts off when guests leave the room.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to see you again soon at one of our many Viceroy hotels and resorts,

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the third time that I've stayed at the Viceroy in Miami and I have to say that it has always been an amazing experience. The resort is upscale, chic and sexy! The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. The hotel room is luxurious and simply fabulous, with floor to ceiling windows in the bathroom and in the room and an expansive balcony that faced Brickell Ave.
The spa was another great treasure. We got to enjoy the spa amenities including the 5,000 sq. foot water lounge that had floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the Miami skyline. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Miami or for locals wanting to spend a couple of nights enjoying themselves.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear roamers1,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to read that our team took care of you and gave you a fantastic upgrade to one of our residences on the 42nd floor. In addition to hotel guestrooms, we also offer four dozen residences with full size kitchen, very large floor plans and floor to ceiling windows: we mostly recommend them for weekly or monthly leases.

Being located in the heart of Brickell’s financial district, by the Miami River, we have first row seating for the scenic drawbridge on the Miami River from half of our guestrooms, the flipside being that we do have traffic in front of the hotel which can be noisy.

On your next Miami visit, there are some excellent options on Miami Beach where the surroundings can be more peaceful. If you wish to visit some of our other Viceroy locations on the West Coast, may I suggest Viceroy Santa Monica or Hotel Zeta (San Francisco), both spectacular properties and very well located in the center of action but with little to no city noise.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed weekend of June 21. Room was fantastic beautiful furnishings. Great location downtown miami. Every staff member we interacted with bent over backward to make sure we were well taken care of. Very Classy. Club and restaurant were spectacular, Easily best pool In miami. 15 min from south beach as well, 5 min to cruise ship. I had checked reviews before we went and anything that wasn't perfect inset fair to this property it really was great.

Room Tip: The base king room is more then most hotels upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rob R,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and that our passionate team member took great care of you and your family.

You so rightfully bring up our location which is so convenient: on week ends, you will often meet guests that selected Viceroy for a pre or post cruise stay due to our close location to the Port of Miami and also because of resort like amenities (pool, spa and night club)

For your next getaway, please visit our website for Florida Resident special offers.
See you again soon!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just got home from an overnight stay , and I miss it already! Ally and Mario at the front desk were very professional. Check-In with Ally was seamless. She gave us all the information we needed for the restaurants and bars, spa and pools. Mario checked us out during a typically busy check-in/check out time. We left our bags at the bell stand, and Paul retrieved them for us in a timely manner considering the busy lobby.

Valet was seamless for us as well. We texted the valet, and our cars brought up within a few minutes. Pricing for the valet is the same as most of the hotels in the area, so it was no surprise.

Cafe Icon- Had a great Lobster Pita from Cafe Icon right near the center hot tub.

15th and Vine-Had a Roasted Ribeye Ropa Vieja that was cooked to perfection. Albert made a mean mojito and was a very pleasant gentleman.

Pool Area-What can I say that hasn't already been said. The pool and huge hot tub are the best. Yes, of course there is shade from the buildings. It's in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country...

Spa-Although we didn't indulge in any of the services, unfortunatley, the Hydro area was just gorgeous! The scent of Voluspa candles filled the whole area and it was incredible.

Room-I absolutely loved the room, it was spacious with ample closet space, an espresso machine and a nice sitting area. The bathroom was spacious and had floor to ceiling windows. Don't forget to close the curtains!

Love the Kelly Wearstler design. Somehow it all works and its a funky conglomeration that is super cool.
Huge Phillipe Starke Chess set outside.

I would also like to thank Inessa for her exceptional Customer Service. She is a true professional and hope to meet her in person on my next visit.

I travel often and I know a good property when I see one. I will be returning to The Viceroy in the very near future.

Thank you for a terrific weekend!

Room Tip: Room on Brickell, no problems with noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear wickedcute,

Thank you so much for your thorough review.

I personally admire anyone who can find the time to share a one night experience in such details. You clearly have excellent time management skills - I am slightly jealous !
Mario, Ally and Inessa were thrilled to be recognized: they are passionate individuals and I am very proud of them!

I am glad that you enjoyed the new menu at Café Icon: the lobster pita is one of my favorites and I recommend the Caprese salad pita for your next visit!

We can’t wait to welcome you back very soon to your new Miami home!

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rebeka and Ally were quite attentive in making sure we had a happy anniversary. As others have noted, the pool area is spectacular and there's a ton of value offered by the Viceroy. Everyone has different taste in decor, but the Asian themes worked for us.

When we walked into Room 810, we just smiled. Very pretty room. Kicked off our shoes and as we walked in to the main bed area, the floor becomes a bit funky. I can only assume that the concrete below has long since lost its smoothness, and there are dips and bumps galore. But no matter, we flopped onto the bed and what's on the ceiling? A crack the length of the room. To their credit, they had tried painting over it, which created a quite visible streak above the poster bed. We laughed at that too and called it charm, and then we noticed that the toilet periodically ran. We called engineering, and it was quickly resolved. The shampoo dispenser wasn't working so I just unscrewed the top. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom well-lit and huge, and the chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne were a delightful surprise. Thanks Rebeka!

As for the club upstairs, well, that was a blast. Due to some kindness from Esraa and Nina, we had VIP passes and it was fun leaving the common folk to wait in line. As one would expect, there was no shortage of eye candy and the views from on high were great. I bristle at the notion of a 20% service charge for beverages, though...I mean, come on, its a martini for $18.56. This is definitely a place to pre-load.

The outside dance area was splendid and we spent much of our night there feeling the funk. The lower screen, however, should really be replaced. A burnt out pixel here or there, no problem, but to have 5 huge chunks of non-responsive screen that were a couple feet long and 4-5 inches high, each? Made us laugh.

Don't sweat the valet issue, call 15 minutes in advance. And yes, its $36, welcome to the big city.

Some things are very expensive to fix and so they just get lipstick, like 810's lumpy floor and cracked ceiling. Other things, like replacing the club's screen or shampoo, are cheap and easy. I'd give it a 5 if it weren't for the in-room flaws. At 2/3rds the price of neighboring properties of its class, I'd come back here in a heartbeat for the value alone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Lord H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detail review after staying with us this week end and Happy Anniversary !

I am particularly thankful for you to personally recognize some of the finest and passionate ladies that work here at Viceroy Miami: Rebeka and Ally at the front office, Esrah and Nina from 15th & Vine Kitchen and Bar.

The value of your feedback is immeasurable: I just went up to your room - thank you for sharing your room number - which allowed for our maintenance and housekeeping crews to perfect their room inspection process and improve on some of those noted details. We continue to have the highest hotel occupancy on Brickell and look forward to these slightly calmer summers months to give some additional TLC back to your beautiful boutique hotel.

We hope to see you again soon with a “very sturdy middle” next time!

Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful place. Great location. A little dated but still beautiful. No complaints. Friendly staff. A bit pricy but you are in Miami. What else would you expect. Pet friendly and there is a big grassy area where locals bring their dogs out to play by the intercostal.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jessie R,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Viceroy Miami as your local getaway!

I am glad that you mentioned one of our key – yet often unknown - attributes: we are a pet friendly hotel and we provide the perfect “dog park with a view” right outside of our ramp, on the Miami River overlooking the downtown drawbridge. We share our magnificent facilities with residents and many of them are dog lovers ! It is so rare to find an establishment that will also welcome your four legged family members with genuine open arms. I can even share that “the” dog whisperer himself stayed here a few times...

I see that you are from Hollywood, Florida, please check our website for availability on our great Florida Resident Promotion for the summer months.
We hope to see you again soon!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!