“Best hotel we've stayed at but service could be better” 4 of 5 stars

Relax More, Pay Less
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln
“Best hotel we've stayed at but service could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel was amazing, the rooms, the gym, the pool area and the restaurant. The only thing that let it down was the poor front desk service. Upon check-in we weren't greeted in a very friendly manner and I got the impression we were in inconvenience. I wasn't directed to the correct lifts, and as such ended up going to the residence building rather than the hotel.
The one bedroom suite we had was amazing, the bathroom enormous and very luxurious. Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and the service in there was impeccable. We chose to have the buffet breakfast the next morning which again was very nice and much better standard than other hotel's al a carte breakfasts. We managed to get a late check out free of charge which was great as it enabled us to spend the morning round the amazing pool.
Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a family the one bedroom suite is definitely worth upgrading for
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear vegreen,

Thank you for your detailed review.

We welcome any and all pointers that allows us to continue improving our service standards: we have a very passionate team at the front desk and I know that they will want to WOW you during your next stay after your disappointing arrival experience.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet which we just implemented this winter following prior guest’s guest suggestion!

The one bedroom suite accommodation is very spectacular: very spacious, with a full size sofa bed, additional half bath and a dining area ideal for families or even friends getaways. We have a few suites that have a waterview over the Miami River and that are in high demand for special occasions!

See you again soon!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed at the Viceroy for two nights and they where both great! I arrived really late or early however you want to view it, exactly at 3 a.m. and the reception staff was very accommodating and gave me great options for dining as I was starving! I also had breakfast at the hotel on my last day, restaurant was pretty fantastic, I also asked a couple of times for room service as I was working from my room, food and service where fast and very nice. I was able to use the pool for around 30 min. water temperature was AMAZING! The view from the pool is great as well and you get tons of sun from almost anywhere, I highly recommend it! Room was super comfy and big, the bathroom had shower, and separate WC, there are also balconies in each room. If I have one suggestion would be to have at least a chair in the balcony as there is nothing to seat on.

Room Tip: I could not hear a sound from my room, my guess is all rooms have the same quality.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mariana A,

I very much appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your last stay with us.

I am so glad that you had a great time even if it seems that this was a working business trip – I had many of those during my travelling years and can appreciate the importance of comfort, safety and practicality in a hotel.

Thank you for bringing up this great suggestion about our balconies: you will be very happy to hear that we are actually finalizing our selection for tables and chairs to be added to all hotel balconies before the end of the year ! We do try to listen to our guests preferences and this has been brought up to our attention in the past. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy this new feature on your next visit!

See you soon and warm regards,

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The title basically sums it up. The front desk and pool side staff seemed overwhelmed and unable to deliver anything as promised. But the pool was amazing and the room super big and nice, which made up for the rest. (The spa was out of this world....including the service). I would definitely stay again, but go in with low expectations for the service.

Dear kkochendorfer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

You correctly summed up our three top features: our 15th floor infinity pool is unmatched in South Florida, our guestrooms are the most colorful and elegant in town – Kelly Wearstler created a true homey feel instead of a commercial hotel room at Viceroy Miami and our Spa – the water lounge alone has been most photographed since our opening 5 years ago.

I appreciate your willingness to come back despite your disappointment about service. I would love to hear some details so that I can personally look into improving what we seem to have missed on this occasion.

Looking forward to see you again soon and to WOW you with our passionate service team next time!
Warm regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Viceroy’s rooftop pool area consists of a Hot Tub/pool you can actually swim laps in, a gloriously enormous pool, a friendly staff, and a DJ playing the hottest party tunes – had a blast, well worth every penny spent (~$250)! After experiencing poor service by a flaky and uncaring management and staff at Delano Miami (see my Delano review for details), I was very pleased to end my day on a positive note @ Viceroy. Bravo to Viceroy – thank you for the supremely fabulous pool experience and hospitality with special thanks to Janine at the Front Desk. So I say, Boooooo @ Delano and thank you for a fabulous day/experience @ Viceroy.

Dear Bin K,

Well, thank you SO very much for this fabulous shout out to Viceroy!

We pride ourselves in being fun, different and edgy but our number one focus remains on our guest’s preferences: after multiple requests from guests and residents to provide entertainment on our gigantic pool deck, we brought in DJ’s and offer light chill out music.
Starting in May, we will also offer entertainment twice a week at 15th & Vine, Bar and Kitchen during our happy hour special.

Thank you for also recognizing Janine who is truly passionate about our guests! I am very proud of the front desk team.

The next step is to convert you to more Viceroy Hotels: the world is our playground, take your pick and see you soon within the Viceroy family.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

A very nice location, spacious room too. Love the view and weather is perfect!Giancarlo(frontdesk) help us a lot from the very beginning. He was patient, nice and even though he look exhausted bec he's always working by himself everytime we see him, he always smiles at us.Suggests some restaurants and things to do. Thank you guys! Definitely come back

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear eroll07,

We are very grateful for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to inform you that Giancarlo’s smile is bound to become even more infectious as we have just added some new talent to the front desk team since you stayed with us! He has been a true team player for years and I am not surprised that you recognized him personally. We try to only bring passionate individuals to our team as we truly believe that, while skills can be acquired, the right attitude and enthusiasm is innate.

We very much look forward to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel, the service, and the facilities were all amazing !

Very good location. Amazing Swimming pool that is warmed and huge.

Top valet parking as well as room size and cleanness.

Superb experience. Will be back.

Room Tip: Amazing warmed swimming Pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amir E,

Thank you very much for your review: to the point and effective !
As you rightfully noted, our infinity pool on the 15th floor is our most recognized and praised feature: whether you are an athletic swimmer looking to do laps or rather in need of R&R, you will appreciated it!

We very much look forward to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in a one bedroom suite with 3 of us for about 1 week. The room was good and spacious enough for 3 people, and the pool was good, however I would say this hotel is the worst I’ve ever stayed.

Their service is terrible, they never brought or did the things I asked. They sometimes brought the wrong thing, or other times just did not bring anything at all. For example, I asked 4 times for a bath robe and I finally got it on the 5th day.

They operate a system where if you ask for your room not to be cleaned that day, house-keeping give you a $10 voucher to be used in the hotel’s restaurant or cafe. On two occasions that are asked for my room not to be cleaned, house-keeping did not leave the voucher, and I had to chase up with the hotel staff.

They also scam you. Regarding the mini-bar, they said only the things on the price list would be charged. They put tea bags in the same tray as the complementary coffee. However, despite the tea bags not being on the price list they charge you for them. I ended up having to pay $5 for 3 tea bags. I’ve never stayed at a hotel that charges for tea bags or coffee. Why don’t they put them separately, and why is the tea not on the price list?

I don’t recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear MoMo513,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor: I was very disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this visit.

We always welcome feedback from our guests as it helps us continue to improve our service standards. The details that you provided will be reviewed in our operations meeting this week so that we may continuously update and improve our procedures.

One item that I personally checked this morning is our current minibar menu: I did notice, in the few rooms that I walked, that the organic tea assortment pricing is listed above the Illy Coffee under the Beverage section. Our minibar team will do a thorough check to verify all price lists this week and avoid any confusion of other guests.

I understand that you would chose not to come back to Viceroy Miami after your stay but I do hope that we can make it up to you at some point in the future!

Warm regards,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!