“Just my style” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Just my style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Viceroy Hotel is perfectly located for walking around downtown or catching public transportation. Room service was quite good, and better than expected, which was a nice surprise. Breakfast and dinner were ordered - not one disappointment. Staff is friendly and helpful. Check in/out smooth. Pool area view is gorgeous. Great place to relax. I plan on returning upon my next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a balcony is great for the view.
Green Features: Environmentally friendly hotel. Sheets/towels upon request.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear EllElls,

“Not one disappointment”- I’ll be sure to share with my team that they did an excellent job of anticipating all of your needs. We take great pride in being the most professional and caring in our industry.

Next time you visit us, I ask that you try our stunning Spa. Given that Viceroy fits your style, I know that you will enjoy seeing Philippe Starck’s wonderful designs; and this time actually enjoy being pampered.

I look forward to your return!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel is situated in an apartment/condo complex though separate building- shared facilities. The lobby is small, check in was easy and quick, the lobby staff were nice and friendly. The rooms are nice sized with large bathrooms. Good security, you can't take elevator to guest floors without swiping a key, first time I have seen this and every hotel should have it. The pool is gigantic, one large pool heated, a smaller pool which is a large hot tub, and small pool. The pools are beautiful however over 90% of the pool is shaded by the buildings so everyone sits in a small area to get the sun- the pool is on the 15th floor and it is usually windy. The pool service is fair, hard to flag down someone , and the food at the pool is very limited and not very good- I guess if I lived in the residences it would be ok but not for a hotel. There is a full service restaurant on the same floor as the pool which had average food for lunch. The reason for the 2 stars- the walkways at the pool are slippery and dangerous- some of the tiles are covered by blue mats, but many areas are uncovered and if you walk fast with wet feet you will be on the ground quickly- a major design flaw for a pool and obviously they are well aware of this due to the mats I. If the Viceroy wants to be a luxury hotel they need to have a safer pool, much better food and service at the pool. They need to upgrade the restaurant and serve better food to accommodate the hotel guests and not just the residences.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Flierm,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing some of your feedback.

I’m very proud of our security team and unique systems we have here at the hotel so I’m thankful that you shared that with our wonderful tripadvisor readers. The security of our guests and colleagues is our number one priority! Being located within the Icon Brickell development, we’re so lucky to have access to the longest infinity pool in South Florida paired with breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay. The safety and well being of our guests is also a very important priority to us and we definitely do not want our valued guests falling and injuring themselves while on vacation. I will discuss with my team on ways we can better improve the safety of our guests on the pool deck. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! I hope that you will join us soon in the new future and I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel is located in a nice neighborhood in Miami. Very well located for business this hotel features some very modern decoration and good service. Makes you feel your are not in "Disney" Florida type of trip.

Room Tip: Try a room with a view to the canal
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear licelot m,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.

Brickell is an up and coming area and is gaining a reputation as the luxurious location of Miami!
I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Having stayed just before at the Mandarin in Miami and at little palm island, having enjoyed many nice places (Some Four seasons, some Palaces in Europe) i have to say i really loved this hotel. The décor is like no other. Also what can be said about the enormous pool on the 15th floor, absolutely amazing!!! Will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear licelot m,

Thank you so much for putting us in such good company!

We are very proud of our unique boutique hotel on Brickell Avenue. Our style is often described as urban chic and we are so lucky to benefit from one of kind amenities: no one in this city can boast a pool of that size with combined views of Brickell, Key Biscayne, the Port of Miami, Fisher Island or South Beach!

Did you go to the Spa while you were here? if not, you need to try it on your next visit as it has floor to ceiling windows from every angle and the décor just completely realigns one’s traditional vision of how a spa should be: ours is sexy, fun and full of natural light !

Looking forward to see you again very soon!
Have a wonderful holiday season and best wishes for the New Year,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Beautifully decorated, fabulous pool and spa, very friendly and helpful staff and a great location. The staff really went out of their way to help. I will stay here again; probably for business, but would also like to go for a personal getaway as well. Great place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Blofelt,

Our Décor is stunning, isn’t it?
I am a big fan of Kelly Wearstler and her design: I love colors and her interior design at Viceroy Miami does not disappoint her fans!

We have a few super stars on our team that are very competitive when it comes to “wowing” our guests and I am very proud of their passion for customer service.

We would love to welcome you back for a real holiday: being centrally located, you can pick an outing a day (beach, cruise, shopping, dining, etc) or just chill by the pool, get pampered at our spa and try our 50 storey high lounge without ever leaving the hotel!
Start planning now!

Best wishes for the holidays!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Therapist - Maru

Background: Having had a 22 hour trip to get to Miami, I looked like the ghost of Christmas past upon arrival to the Icon Spa at The Viceroy.

Greet: I was greeting with a wonderfully pleasant therapist, Maru, who invited me to use the steam room, take chai and sliced fruit etc. before my treatment.

Treatment: Discovery Facial, by Maru using Valmont products (who are very selective about who they supply their products to, the only other one I know is at The Dorchester in London.

Experience: Maru is a professional and astute therapist. Combining her expert product knowledge, Maru developed a very personalised experienced based exactly on my needs. Her product knowledge was outstanding! I also enjoyed her combination of Ayervedic and Indian style massage techniques during the masque steps, which Maru executed confidently. Finally, this 'ceremony' of self indulgence was finished with a warm towel foot massage, which exemplified Maru's attention to detail that you expect in a 5 star hotel spa, yet often is illusive - not here! Maru and The Viceroy Spa experience was second to none and I will be coming back for more.

Result: I walked in looking like the ghost from Christmas past and left feeling like the Magic Fairy, all ready for the Ball!

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view so you can see the ocean and be off the main road, not only will you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Terence81

Thank you for taking the time to share your transformation from the “Ghost of Christmas past” into the “Magic Fairy”! What a lovely analogy!

If Maru already has a huge following of guests due to her deep connection with the art of well being combined with excellent technical skills, she will now have a waiting list of new guests after this marvelous review! How kind of you to personally recognize her for the world to see: I know she is very proud.

I had the privilege to get a once of a lifetime facial with her – with Valmont products - and I am long overdue for a follow up as I think I was rejuvenated by close a decade afterwards!

For all the Spa aficionados out there, we have a brand new menu coming out in January with two new lines, in addition to Valmont: one of them is organic and fun and the other is designed for men!

I hope that you will get to come back soon to try those new offerings and give us your feedback!

Have a fantastic holiday season!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Viceroy last week when we were stranded in Fla due to the snow back home. I booked two rooms, they were exactly as represented - modern and luxurious. The hotel is gorgeous and the pools and spa first rate. The rooms are new and clean, the staff is excellent. We requested a late checkout due to late flights the next day, and we were accommodated without question. I highly recommend this hotel - and despite what a previous reviewer wrote - we felt 100% safe at this hotel. Not even an issue. The hotel is in a safe business neighborhood and there are electronic safes in the rooms.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Brad F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your unplanned experience with us: being stranded is no fun! It happened to me a couple of times due to hurricanes while travelling the Caribbean. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay regardless.

Brickell is an up and coming area and has become a much sought after place to reside in. Since we are tucked away from the more “touristy areas”, you can enjoy walking everywhere - much in the same way than where I grew up in Europe- in safe and fun environment.
I hope that you will get to come back on a planned trip next time!
Have a fantastic holiday season!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!