“Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Istanbul, Turkey
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights. I came to visit my son who studies at U of Miami. I had a very nice U of Miami deal. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I loved the style of the hotel. Wonderful view. The location was excellent. Very nice restaurants near by. Amazing pool and spa. I didn’t had time to use the 15th floor but I will next time. Valet service was perfect. The room was beautiful. Very comfortable king size bed. I loved the over size bath. This is a hotel I will be visiting again. I already recommended to my friends.

Room Tip: Water view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Gamze V,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a personal review of your stay with us!

You must have had a packed schedule if you have not had the opportunity to enjoy our magnificent pool deck in 6 days. You are one of many parents who stay with us when visiting their son or daughter studying at UM partly because of our close proximity but also due to the large variety of fun amenities that we offer right on property.

On your next visit, make sure to pencil in some free time for yourself to enjoy our pool, spa or fitness facilities: the gym is massive and offers some of the best trainers in the city while the two story Spa is just spectacular to experience!

We look forward to see you again soon and, in the meantime, we wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

838 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times. All the way from CT. 5 Star hotel with 5 star service. I got a great stay 4 nights pay for 3 deal on hotel website. I'm not a big fan of ocean dr so staying in Brickell is my preference. It is a great area with great restaurants and just a short cab ride to anywhere. They have a huge beautiful private pool with security to keep the outsiders out and an awesome team of employees always at your service around the whole hotel. This hotel is great value and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Jiggyjorge,

First of all, allow me to tell you that I enjoyed reading your TripAdvisor name! Very witty!

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for taking the team to share your experience with other TripAdvisor readers! I am very proud of our team and I do share your opinion on preferring the Brickell versus South Beach experience. This booming area of Downtown/Brickell as nothing to envy other parts of the city as it now welcomed some of the best restaurants and retail in town !

I very much look forward to welcome you back soon “Jiggyjorge” and in the meantime, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is far and away my favorite hotel in Miami for many many reasons. First off, this isn't your typical South Beach party hardy type of scene. You can make of it what you want. Nestled in the heart of Brickell Avenue, Miami's financial / downtown district, you have the ability to walk everywhere. The pool is easily the nicest in Florida. You feel enveloped by the Viceroy's three 50+ story towers and a large lap pool and massive jacuzzi soaking area. The hotel itself is decorated impeccably by celebrity designer Kelly Wearstler and even the 'standard' room is anything but standard. Even if you don't plan on relaxing at the spa I encourage everyone to at least walk through it. This is the crown jewel of the resort. Simply stunning. My one issue is the exorbitant valet parking fees of $36 / night, otherwise, I think even the most discriminating traveler would be hard pressed to find anything wrong here.

Room Tip: Corner room. High floor. I prefer the Brickell Avenue side rather than the pool side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JamesAce,

Thank you for your great review.

If we convinced you to come back on multiple occasions, I can thank my team for genuinely taking care of you each time!

You summarized the essence of Viceroy Miami so well; I can use your review for our sales presentations moving forward! We are a lot of things but “standard” does not come to mind here, you are absolutely right.

Brickell has just boomed so much in the past 5 years that I feel we now represent the heart of Miami on so many levels: I love to walk everywhere – except from July to September – and from here, you now can go anywhere within no more than a 15 minute walk with great food, shopping and nightlife options.

I feel your frustration on valet pricing: everyone is surprised when visiting downtown and Brickell by the shortage of parking at times and the cost of valet which – while much lower than South Beach – seems high compared to what it was 10 years ago in this same area. Park 1, the valet company that services the Icon Brickell complex and Viceroy Miami has done a good job at maintaining rates in the middle of the pack of all downtown hotels but when you are not used to it, it comes off as a surprise. I completely understand your feeling on this.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night belatedly celebrating my wedding anniversary.

We had a junior suite which was a really good room. Great views, good size, good amenities and a large comfortable bed and huge bathroom.
The staff at the hotel were all really friendly, professional and helpful including advice and suggestions on anything from places to go to the traffic and best time to go.

One lovely touch which really made a difference was the fact that we were sent a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our anniversary courtesy of the manageress. That was a lovely touch that was very much appreciated.

The only negative we thought was that the main restaurant was under refurbishment so there was only the poolside cafe to eat at. It wasn't a major problem - there are plenty of other places to go and I guess as I booked through booking.com they didn't mention it. If I had booked direct or checked the hotel website I would have known. Either way, it didn't spoil things and we had a lovely stay in a great hotel and would happily go again.

Thanks Viceroy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike W,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

We are so proud of welcoming many couples to celebrate that same special day at Viceroy Miami. Some come solo and leave children behind to get some one on one R&R and other come with other family members to make it a family celebration: either way, we rejoice with you!.

I am very proud of my team: I have high expectations and being a bit of a perfectionist, I always try to raise their own bar to offer a flawless service and more importantly a genuine welcome for all of our guests.

We work with many partners for reservations and we also have an onsite reservations team with specialists who know the room categories and packages or promotions well: next time, give us a call and they will be delighted to help you plan your visit.

Now that you discovered some new and fun places to eat in and around Brickell, we are eagerly waiting for you to come back and try 15th & Vine, Kitchen and Bar which opens next week !

See you again very soon!

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Despite the restaurant being closed for refurbishment we had a wonderful overnight stay at the end of our holiday before flying home to the UK. Very helpful staff, simply wonderful room and stunning views of the city from the 15th storey pool area. Nothing appeared too much trouble for the young lady on the main reception. She very politely and effectively resolved confusion over our booking. At the end of a long day this was much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drew0812,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive details from your short stay at Viceroy Miami! I will need to dig in further and find out who that “young lady” was to personally recognize her for sorting out things during your arrival process.

Sometimes holidays can be stressful as you try to see so many things in a short amount of time that your last night should be relaxing and allow you to prepare yourself to get back into a work mode! If we offered you that option before your long overseas flight back home, I am pleased that Viceroy Miami was a great last impression.

You just missed our restaurant reopening by a week and you are now obligated to come back to Florida again and stay with us at some point to find out what you just missed, right?

I sincerely wish you a pleasant holiday season in the UK and will keep the place warm through our winter for your return !

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Viceroy Miami is not a Viceroy hotel. To save people from a rant, I will use bullet points. But before I do (this rant is building from within), know one thing, every time you use the bathroom everyone outside can see you. There are no curtains, only bamboo shades that are see through. If you are showering, people are watching. All suites are like this.

+Opened drinks restocked into minibar
+Toilets didn't work
+Door handles fell off in room
+No hot water in shower
+Broken Iron
+Filth and stains on the floor and couches - one does not like to step into their bathroom and have their foot stuck to it. So gross.

The staff is nice but they are placating the patrons. Mitta and George fielded all our complaints. Mitta said she had never had a complaint about the see through curtains in the bathroom. She feigned shock when we called her up to see it for herself. When she called up to switch rooms later in the evening, she clarified "she" had never been complained to directly but they get lots of complaints about this. She played it pretty technical. I found it rather scummy.

As we were moved rooms we mentioned to one of the bell hops how it was weird for a 5 star hotel to have such issues. He laughed. He said "you are in a 3 star hotel."

Thats what this is a 3 star hotel. But I will give it 1 star, if we are being technical.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Jim H.

Thank you for your detailed review which mostly reflects what you shared with me during our in person meeting, earlier this week.
I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on so many levels and I understand that no amount of compensation could make it up to you on this occasion.

As I told you, I take your suggestions and feedback very seriously and I will be happy to stay in touch with you directly on the matter of the blinds in your particular corner Junior Suite: timing is actually quite perfect since we are about to start our blind replacement upgrade shortly. I appreciate your passion for privacy and particularly for the well being of ladies who travel in hotels. I believe I mentioned to you that I have been one of those road warriors for over a decade travelling alone in hotels around the globe: this experience made me appreciate those details that hotels have in place to ensure someone’s privacy or safety. You will be pleased to hear that at Viceroy Miami, we have invested in very high tech surveillance hardware and that our team is trained and reminded constantly to watch out for our guests well being: not only for celebrities or high ranking officials but for all of our guests.

I do thank you for your time and frankness and hope to see you again so that you may personally see the above discussed upgrades.
Best wishes for this upcoming holiday season.

Warm regards,
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and overall had a nice stay although the service was weak. They only had a couple of people working the front desk and they both seemed new. Had to wait in line several times for quick questions and they gave us inaccurate information on how long it would take us to get to our location. Ordered room service twice and both times there was something wrong with the order. Either something was missing or they mixed it up with another order. Restaurant was being renovated so nowhere to really eat at the hotel. Got a bit of a party vibe, would probably not stay here with kids. Housekeeping was good and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Iris T,

Thank you for staying with us and for your understanding of some of our remodeling projects going on during your stay.
We are very excited to relaunch our new restaurant later this month and hope that the timing of you Miami next visit will allow you to try it out!

I will research your comments about the precision and quality of information of our front desk and concierge team as this can always be improved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Viceroy Miami has an ultra lounge on the premises which sometimes creates a “younger party vibe” especially on the week end and in the evenings. We are not your typical Brickell business hotel and we also cater to leisure travelers looking for a fun place to stay on the week end but without the madness of South Beach. We love to welcome “little ones” though and often have families travelling with children over the holidays and before hopping on a cruise: they find our one bedroom suites with sofa beds very convenient.

Hopefully we can delight you more on your next visit and look forward to that opportunity.

Warm regards,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!