“This is a great hotel at great value.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mojitos & More, From $279
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“This is a great hotel at great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times. All the way from CT. 5 Star hotel with 5 star service. I got a great stay 4 nights pay for 3 deal on hotel website. I'm not a big fan of ocean dr so staying in Brickell is my preference. It is a great area with great restaurants and just a short cab ride to anywhere. They have a huge beautiful private pool with security to keep the outsiders out and an awesome team of employees always at your service around the whole hotel. This hotel is great value and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Jiggyjorge,

First of all, allow me to tell you that I enjoyed reading your TripAdvisor name! Very witty!

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for taking the team to share your experience with other TripAdvisor readers! I am very proud of our team and I do share your opinion on preferring the Brickell versus South Beach experience. This booming area of Downtown/Brickell as nothing to envy other parts of the city as it now welcomed some of the best restaurants and retail in town !

I very much look forward to welcome you back soon “Jiggyjorge” and in the meantime, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is far and away my favorite hotel in Miami for many many reasons. First off, this isn't your typical South Beach party hardy type of scene. You can make of it what you want. Nestled in the heart of Brickell Avenue, Miami's financial / downtown district, you have the ability to walk everywhere. The pool is easily the nicest in Florida. You feel enveloped by the Viceroy's three 50+ story towers and a large lap pool and massive jacuzzi soaking area. The hotel itself is decorated impeccably by celebrity designer Kelly Wearstler and even the 'standard' room is anything but standard. Even if you don't plan on relaxing at the spa I encourage everyone to at least walk through it. This is the crown jewel of the resort. Simply stunning. My one issue is the exorbitant valet parking fees of $36 / night, otherwise, I think even the most discriminating traveler would be hard pressed to find anything wrong here.

Room Tip: Corner room. High floor. I prefer the Brickell Avenue side rather than the pool side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JamesAce,

Thank you for your great review.

If we convinced you to come back on multiple occasions, I can thank my team for genuinely taking care of you each time!

You summarized the essence of Viceroy Miami so well; I can use your review for our sales presentations moving forward! We are a lot of things but “standard” does not come to mind here, you are absolutely right.

Brickell has just boomed so much in the past 5 years that I feel we now represent the heart of Miami on so many levels: I love to walk everywhere – except from July to September – and from here, you now can go anywhere within no more than a 15 minute walk with great food, shopping and nightlife options.

I feel your frustration on valet pricing: everyone is surprised when visiting downtown and Brickell by the shortage of parking at times and the cost of valet which – while much lower than South Beach – seems high compared to what it was 10 years ago in this same area. Park 1, the valet company that services the Icon Brickell complex and Viceroy Miami has done a good job at maintaining rates in the middle of the pack of all downtown hotels but when you are not used to it, it comes off as a surprise. I completely understand your feeling on this.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night belatedly celebrating my wedding anniversary.

We had a junior suite which was a really good room. Great views, good size, good amenities and a large comfortable bed and huge bathroom.
The staff at the hotel were all really friendly, professional and helpful including advice and suggestions on anything from places to go to the traffic and best time to go.

One lovely touch which really made a difference was the fact that we were sent a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our anniversary courtesy of the manageress. That was a lovely touch that was very much appreciated.

The only negative we thought was that the main restaurant was under refurbishment so there was only the poolside cafe to eat at. It wasn't a major problem - there are plenty of other places to go and I guess as I booked through booking.com they didn't mention it. If I had booked direct or checked the hotel website I would have known. Either way, it didn't spoil things and we had a lovely stay in a great hotel and would happily go again.

Thanks Viceroy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike W,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

We are so proud of welcoming many couples to celebrate that same special day at Viceroy Miami. Some come solo and leave children behind to get some one on one R&R and other come with other family members to make it a family celebration: either way, we rejoice with you!.

I am very proud of my team: I have high expectations and being a bit of a perfectionist, I always try to raise their own bar to offer a flawless service and more importantly a genuine welcome for all of our guests.

We work with many partners for reservations and we also have an onsite reservations team with specialists who know the room categories and packages or promotions well: next time, give us a call and they will be delighted to help you plan your visit.

Now that you discovered some new and fun places to eat in and around Brickell, we are eagerly waiting for you to come back and try 15th & Vine, Kitchen and Bar which opens next week !

See you again very soon!

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Despite the restaurant being closed for refurbishment we had a wonderful overnight stay at the end of our holiday before flying home to the UK. Very helpful staff, simply wonderful room and stunning views of the city from the 15th storey pool area. Nothing appeared too much trouble for the young lady on the main reception. She very politely and effectively resolved confusion over our booking. At the end of a long day this was much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drew0812,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive details from your short stay at Viceroy Miami! I will need to dig in further and find out who that “young lady” was to personally recognize her for sorting out things during your arrival process.

Sometimes holidays can be stressful as you try to see so many things in a short amount of time that your last night should be relaxing and allow you to prepare yourself to get back into a work mode! If we offered you that option before your long overseas flight back home, I am pleased that Viceroy Miami was a great last impression.

You just missed our restaurant reopening by a week and you are now obligated to come back to Florida again and stay with us at some point to find out what you just missed, right?

I sincerely wish you a pleasant holiday season in the UK and will keep the place warm through our winter for your return !

Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and overall had a nice stay although the service was weak. They only had a couple of people working the front desk and they both seemed new. Had to wait in line several times for quick questions and they gave us inaccurate information on how long it would take us to get to our location. Ordered room service twice and both times there was something wrong with the order. Either something was missing or they mixed it up with another order. Restaurant was being renovated so nowhere to really eat at the hotel. Got a bit of a party vibe, would probably not stay here with kids. Housekeeping was good and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Iris T,

Thank you for staying with us and for your understanding of some of our remodeling projects going on during your stay.
We are very excited to relaunch our new restaurant later this month and hope that the timing of you Miami next visit will allow you to try it out!

I will research your comments about the precision and quality of information of our front desk and concierge team as this can always be improved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Viceroy Miami has an ultra lounge on the premises which sometimes creates a “younger party vibe” especially on the week end and in the evenings. We are not your typical Brickell business hotel and we also cater to leisure travelers looking for a fun place to stay on the week end but without the madness of South Beach. We love to welcome “little ones” though and often have families travelling with children over the holidays and before hopping on a cruise: they find our one bedroom suites with sofa beds very convenient.

Hopefully we can delight you more on your next visit and look forward to that opportunity.

Warm regards,
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for just one night prior to a cruise, paid a lot more than usual for a hotel, and was very impressed! The bathroom was HUGE, wonderful walk-in shower with plenty of room for 2 if you feel like conserving water ;-) . The decor was very contemporary, super plush and comfortable bed, really top-notch. Very nice espresso/coffee maker that took awhile to figure out how to use but once we did the coffee from it was wonderful.
As soon as we pulled up, attendants came out to assist us with our luggage, check-in was very quick and smooth. Front desk person gave advice on getting to the cruise ship in the morning, and was very pleasant and helpful overall.
In the morning, we asked for a late checkout which was not a problem (they extended it by an hour or 2 with no extra charge) and even though we actually left later than that time we were not disturbed or rushed in any way. Never heard a peep from neighboring rooms or the hallway which was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room; we did and never heard a sound from outside our own room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear familydiva,

I hope that your cruise was fun and I am so glad that we were able to offer you a great experience before you got onto the ship!
We do have huge bathrooms and both their color and detail nicely match the rest of the guestroom that designer Kelly Wearstler designed for us !

Thank you for your comments on the coffee machine: I will make sure that we look at the instruction leaflet again as is is confusing for some of our guests: it took me a while to figure out how to work that Illy machine as I use another type at home... but I do love that coffee and now have one in my office!

Due to our proximity to the Port of Miami, we have many other travelers like you that stay with us before or after their cruise. I am sorry to tell you that one night at Viceroy Miami was not enough to fully appreciate our superb amenities: I bet you did not have time to walk along the largest infinity pool in Florida or that you had time to spend for a treatment at our Spa! If you do decide to come back, I have some nice suggestions for you and your other half!

Looking forward to see you soon,
Bluefield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time in Miami and the trip was great mainly because the hotels location. Easy to find and to get to around. There was a problem with our room, outlet didn't work in the bathroom, and the hotel just offered to have us change rooms. They came and moved all of our belongs. Super friendly staff and the hotel's decor was amazing. Miami has tons of great hotels but I'm coming back here because I didn't get to experience the pool, spa, or the club.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phillip R,

Wow! I am truly humbled that you recognized our hotel as a “Perfect Hotel” and we will all be anticipating your next visit! I pride myself in selecting a group of hotel colleagues with passion to work at Viceroy Miami even if we do not always achieve perfection!

For your next visit, I hope that you will have a little bit more time to take advantage of our amazing amenities: start off your day by either relaxing under the warm Miami sun by our 300 foot Icon swimming pool or pampering yourself to holistic treatments at our Spa that will leave you rejuvenated and renewed, and end your day by dancing the night away among Miami’s elite, 50 floors up, in FIFTY Ultra Lounge. Now that’s a full program so please plan 3 days to fully soak it in!

See you again very soon, warm regards,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!