“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
london
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night belatedly celebrating my wedding anniversary.

We had a junior suite which was a really good room. Great views, good size, good amenities and a large comfortable bed and huge bathroom.
The staff at the hotel were all really friendly, professional and helpful including advice and suggestions on anything from places to go to the traffic and best time to go.

One lovely touch which really made a difference was the fact that we were sent a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our anniversary courtesy of the manageress. That was a lovely touch that was very much appreciated.

The only negative we thought was that the main restaurant was under refurbishment so there was only the poolside cafe to eat at. It wasn't a major problem - there are plenty of other places to go and I guess as I booked through booking.com they didn't mention it. If I had booked direct or checked the hotel website I would have known. Either way, it didn't spoil things and we had a lovely stay in a great hotel and would happily go again.

Thanks Viceroy!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mike W,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

We are so proud of welcoming many couples to celebrate that same special day at Viceroy Miami. Some come solo and leave children behind to get some one on one R&R and other come with other family members to make it a family celebration: either way, we rejoice with you!.

I am very proud of my team: I have high expectations and being a bit of a perfectionist, I always try to raise their own bar to offer a flawless service and more importantly a genuine welcome for all of our guests.

We work with many partners for reservations and we also have an onsite reservations team with specialists who know the room categories and packages or promotions well: next time, give us a call and they will be delighted to help you plan your visit.

Now that you discovered some new and fun places to eat in and around Brickell, we are eagerly waiting for you to come back and try 15th & Vine, Kitchen and Bar which opens next week !

See you again very soon!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Despite the restaurant being closed for refurbishment we had a wonderful overnight stay at the end of our holiday before flying home to the UK. Very helpful staff, simply wonderful room and stunning views of the city from the 15th storey pool area. Nothing appeared too much trouble for the young lady on the main reception. She very politely and effectively resolved confusion over our booking. At the end of a long day this was much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Drew0812,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive details from your short stay at Viceroy Miami! I will need to dig in further and find out who that “young lady” was to personally recognize her for sorting out things during your arrival process.

Sometimes holidays can be stressful as you try to see so many things in a short amount of time that your last night should be relaxing and allow you to prepare yourself to get back into a work mode! If we offered you that option before your long overseas flight back home, I am pleased that Viceroy Miami was a great last impression.

You just missed our restaurant reopening by a week and you are now obligated to come back to Florida again and stay with us at some point to find out what you just missed, right?

I sincerely wish you a pleasant holiday season in the UK and will keep the place warm through our winter for your return !

Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Viceroy Miami is not a Viceroy hotel. To save people from a rant, I will use bullet points. But before I do (this rant is building from within), know one thing, every time you use the bathroom everyone outside can see you. There are no curtains, only bamboo shades that are see through. If you are showering, people are watching. All suites are like this.

+Opened drinks restocked into minibar
+Toilets didn't work
+Door handles fell off in room
+No hot water in shower
+Broken Iron
+Filth and stains on the floor and couches - one does not like to step into their bathroom and have their foot stuck to it. So gross.

The staff is nice but they are placating the patrons. Mitta and George fielded all our complaints. Mitta said she had never had a complaint about the see through curtains in the bathroom. She feigned shock when we called her up to see it for herself. When she called up to switch rooms later in the evening, she clarified "she" had never been complained to directly but they get lots of complaints about this. She played it pretty technical. I found it rather scummy.

As we were moved rooms we mentioned to one of the bell hops how it was weird for a 5 star hotel to have such issues. He laughed. He said "you are in a 3 star hotel."

Thats what this is a 3 star hotel. But I will give it 1 star, if we are being technical.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Jim H.

Thank you for your detailed review which mostly reflects what you shared with me during our in person meeting, earlier this week.
I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on so many levels and I understand that no amount of compensation could make it up to you on this occasion.

As I told you, I take your suggestions and feedback very seriously and I will be happy to stay in touch with you directly on the matter of the blinds in your particular corner Junior Suite: timing is actually quite perfect since we are about to start our blind replacement upgrade shortly. I appreciate your passion for privacy and particularly for the well being of ladies who travel in hotels. I believe I mentioned to you that I have been one of those road warriors for over a decade travelling alone in hotels around the globe: this experience made me appreciate those details that hotels have in place to ensure someone’s privacy or safety. You will be pleased to hear that at Viceroy Miami, we have invested in very high tech surveillance hardware and that our team is trained and reminded constantly to watch out for our guests well being: not only for celebrities or high ranking officials but for all of our guests.

I do thank you for your time and frankness and hope to see you again so that you may personally see the above discussed upgrades.
Best wishes for this upcoming holiday season.

Warm regards,
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and overall had a nice stay although the service was weak. They only had a couple of people working the front desk and they both seemed new. Had to wait in line several times for quick questions and they gave us inaccurate information on how long it would take us to get to our location. Ordered room service twice and both times there was something wrong with the order. Either something was missing or they mixed it up with another order. Restaurant was being renovated so nowhere to really eat at the hotel. Got a bit of a party vibe, would probably not stay here with kids. Housekeeping was good and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Iris T,

Thank you for staying with us and for your understanding of some of our remodeling projects going on during your stay.
We are very excited to relaunch our new restaurant later this month and hope that the timing of you Miami next visit will allow you to try it out!

I will research your comments about the precision and quality of information of our front desk and concierge team as this can always be improved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Viceroy Miami has an ultra lounge on the premises which sometimes creates a “younger party vibe” especially on the week end and in the evenings. We are not your typical Brickell business hotel and we also cater to leisure travelers looking for a fun place to stay on the week end but without the madness of South Beach. We love to welcome “little ones” though and often have families travelling with children over the holidays and before hopping on a cruise: they find our one bedroom suites with sofa beds very convenient.

Hopefully we can delight you more on your next visit and look forward to that opportunity.

Warm regards,
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for just one night prior to a cruise, paid a lot more than usual for a hotel, and was very impressed! The bathroom was HUGE, wonderful walk-in shower with plenty of room for 2 if you feel like conserving water ;-) . The decor was very contemporary, super plush and comfortable bed, really top-notch. Very nice espresso/coffee maker that took awhile to figure out how to use but once we did the coffee from it was wonderful.
As soon as we pulled up, attendants came out to assist us with our luggage, check-in was very quick and smooth. Front desk person gave advice on getting to the cruise ship in the morning, and was very pleasant and helpful overall.
In the morning, we asked for a late checkout which was not a problem (they extended it by an hour or 2 with no extra charge) and even though we actually left later than that time we were not disturbed or rushed in any way. Never heard a peep from neighboring rooms or the hallway which was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room; we did and never heard a sound from outside our own room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear familydiva,

I hope that your cruise was fun and I am so glad that we were able to offer you a great experience before you got onto the ship!
We do have huge bathrooms and both their color and detail nicely match the rest of the guestroom that designer Kelly Wearstler designed for us !

Thank you for your comments on the coffee machine: I will make sure that we look at the instruction leaflet again as is is confusing for some of our guests: it took me a while to figure out how to work that Illy machine as I use another type at home... but I do love that coffee and now have one in my office!

Due to our proximity to the Port of Miami, we have many other travelers like you that stay with us before or after their cruise. I am sorry to tell you that one night at Viceroy Miami was not enough to fully appreciate our superb amenities: I bet you did not have time to walk along the largest infinity pool in Florida or that you had time to spend for a treatment at our Spa! If you do decide to come back, I have some nice suggestions for you and your other half!

Looking forward to see you soon,
Bluefield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time in Miami and the trip was great mainly because the hotels location. Easy to find and to get to around. There was a problem with our room, outlet didn't work in the bathroom, and the hotel just offered to have us change rooms. They came and moved all of our belongs. Super friendly staff and the hotel's decor was amazing. Miami has tons of great hotels but I'm coming back here because I didn't get to experience the pool, spa, or the club.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phillip R,

Wow! I am truly humbled that you recognized our hotel as a “Perfect Hotel” and we will all be anticipating your next visit! I pride myself in selecting a group of hotel colleagues with passion to work at Viceroy Miami even if we do not always achieve perfection!

For your next visit, I hope that you will have a little bit more time to take advantage of our amazing amenities: start off your day by either relaxing under the warm Miami sun by our 300 foot Icon swimming pool or pampering yourself to holistic treatments at our Spa that will leave you rejuvenated and renewed, and end your day by dancing the night away among Miami’s elite, 50 floors up, in FIFTY Ultra Lounge. Now that’s a full program so please plan 3 days to fully soak it in!

See you again very soon, warm regards,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I can't wait to go back. I arrived late and had to get up early but the room was spacious, front-desk staff extremely professional and helpful, and best of all, the bed was a dream to sleep in.

I loved the style of the hotel and my room had a great little city view. Location was excellent for a conference downtown. Very reasonable price for the room, booked online. Complimentary basic wifi for one device per room much appreciated.

Next time I hope to return with my husband ;)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Djinna,

I am happy to hear that your business trip went flawlessly! In my “road warrior” days, I remember that what made it fun to live out of a suitcase was a combination of convenience and originality in hotels I stayed at and great hotel people made it fun!

Viceroy Miami has a great location on Brickell Avenue and we are so proud to be stylish and “non vanilla”, particularly for our business travelers who see hotel room after hotel room and look forward to a design that enlivens their senses !

For your next visit to Viceroy Miami, and hopefully with your husband, may I suggest our Euphoria Romance Package? Rekindle that romantic flame while indulging in all that Viceroy Miami has to offer, such as a rejuvenating spa treatment for two and complimentary breakfast in bed.

See you again very soon !

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!