“Worth the views alone.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Worth the views alone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Despite the restaurant being closed for refurbishment we had a wonderful overnight stay at the end of our holiday before flying home to the UK. Very helpful staff, simply wonderful room and stunning views of the city from the 15th storey pool area. Nothing appeared too much trouble for the young lady on the main reception. She very politely and effectively resolved confusion over our booking. At the end of a long day this was much appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Drew0812,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such positive details from your short stay at Viceroy Miami! I will need to dig in further and find out who that “young lady” was to personally recognize her for sorting out things during your arrival process.

Sometimes holidays can be stressful as you try to see so many things in a short amount of time that your last night should be relaxing and allow you to prepare yourself to get back into a work mode! If we offered you that option before your long overseas flight back home, I am pleased that Viceroy Miami was a great last impression.

You just missed our restaurant reopening by a week and you are now obligated to come back to Florida again and stay with us at some point to find out what you just missed, right?

I sincerely wish you a pleasant holiday season in the UK and will keep the place warm through our winter for your return !

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and overall had a nice stay although the service was weak. They only had a couple of people working the front desk and they both seemed new. Had to wait in line several times for quick questions and they gave us inaccurate information on how long it would take us to get to our location. Ordered room service twice and both times there was something wrong with the order. Either something was missing or they mixed it up with another order. Restaurant was being renovated so nowhere to really eat at the hotel. Got a bit of a party vibe, would probably not stay here with kids. Housekeeping was good and the staff was courteous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Iris T,

Thank you for staying with us and for your understanding of some of our remodeling projects going on during your stay.
We are very excited to relaunch our new restaurant later this month and hope that the timing of you Miami next visit will allow you to try it out!

I will research your comments about the precision and quality of information of our front desk and concierge team as this can always be improved. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
Viceroy Miami has an ultra lounge on the premises which sometimes creates a “younger party vibe” especially on the week end and in the evenings. We are not your typical Brickell business hotel and we also cater to leisure travelers looking for a fun place to stay on the week end but without the madness of South Beach. We love to welcome “little ones” though and often have families travelling with children over the holidays and before hopping on a cruise: they find our one bedroom suites with sofa beds very convenient.

Hopefully we can delight you more on your next visit and look forward to that opportunity.

Warm regards,
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for just one night prior to a cruise, paid a lot more than usual for a hotel, and was very impressed! The bathroom was HUGE, wonderful walk-in shower with plenty of room for 2 if you feel like conserving water ;-) . The decor was very contemporary, super plush and comfortable bed, really top-notch. Very nice espresso/coffee maker that took awhile to figure out how to use but once we did the coffee from it was wonderful.
As soon as we pulled up, attendants came out to assist us with our luggage, check-in was very quick and smooth. Front desk person gave advice on getting to the cruise ship in the morning, and was very pleasant and helpful overall.
In the morning, we asked for a late checkout which was not a problem (they extended it by an hour or 2 with no extra charge) and even though we actually left later than that time we were not disturbed or rushed in any way. Never heard a peep from neighboring rooms or the hallway which was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room; we did and never heard a sound from outside our own room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear familydiva,

I hope that your cruise was fun and I am so glad that we were able to offer you a great experience before you got onto the ship!
We do have huge bathrooms and both their color and detail nicely match the rest of the guestroom that designer Kelly Wearstler designed for us !

Thank you for your comments on the coffee machine: I will make sure that we look at the instruction leaflet again as is is confusing for some of our guests: it took me a while to figure out how to work that Illy machine as I use another type at home... but I do love that coffee and now have one in my office!

Due to our proximity to the Port of Miami, we have many other travelers like you that stay with us before or after their cruise. I am sorry to tell you that one night at Viceroy Miami was not enough to fully appreciate our superb amenities: I bet you did not have time to walk along the largest infinity pool in Florida or that you had time to spend for a treatment at our Spa! If you do decide to come back, I have some nice suggestions for you and your other half!

Looking forward to see you soon,
Bluefield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time in Miami and the trip was great mainly because the hotels location. Easy to find and to get to around. There was a problem with our room, outlet didn't work in the bathroom, and the hotel just offered to have us change rooms. They came and moved all of our belongs. Super friendly staff and the hotel's decor was amazing. Miami has tons of great hotels but I'm coming back here because I didn't get to experience the pool, spa, or the club.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Phillip R,

Wow! I am truly humbled that you recognized our hotel as a “Perfect Hotel” and we will all be anticipating your next visit! I pride myself in selecting a group of hotel colleagues with passion to work at Viceroy Miami even if we do not always achieve perfection!

For your next visit, I hope that you will have a little bit more time to take advantage of our amazing amenities: start off your day by either relaxing under the warm Miami sun by our 300 foot Icon swimming pool or pampering yourself to holistic treatments at our Spa that will leave you rejuvenated and renewed, and end your day by dancing the night away among Miami’s elite, 50 floors up, in FIFTY Ultra Lounge. Now that’s a full program so please plan 3 days to fully soak it in!

See you again very soon, warm regards,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I can't wait to go back. I arrived late and had to get up early but the room was spacious, front-desk staff extremely professional and helpful, and best of all, the bed was a dream to sleep in.

I loved the style of the hotel and my room had a great little city view. Location was excellent for a conference downtown. Very reasonable price for the room, booked online. Complimentary basic wifi for one device per room much appreciated.

Next time I hope to return with my husband ;)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Djinna,

I am happy to hear that your business trip went flawlessly! In my “road warrior” days, I remember that what made it fun to live out of a suitcase was a combination of convenience and originality in hotels I stayed at and great hotel people made it fun!

Viceroy Miami has a great location on Brickell Avenue and we are so proud to be stylish and “non vanilla”, particularly for our business travelers who see hotel room after hotel room and look forward to a design that enlivens their senses !

For your next visit to Viceroy Miami, and hopefully with your husband, may I suggest our Euphoria Romance Package? Rekindle that romantic flame while indulging in all that Viceroy Miami has to offer, such as a rejuvenating spa treatment for two and complimentary breakfast in bed.

See you again very soon !

Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Amazing hotel. The room are exceptional and very confortable, decoration are fantastic. Amazing pools, scenic views and great food. You cannot get a better quality experience than the Viceroy! Recommended for everyone, couple, family or business you will live an incredible experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pedro Henrique O,

Your recommendation is fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with trip advisor readers.

I personally LOVE our guestrooms: the Kelly Wearstler design with bold colors and eclectic patterns is what everyone would love to have at home, if only ! I am a fan and I understand how you would be positively surprised.

The scenic views from our guest rooms and from both our restaurants really do take your breath away. I find the 15th floor pool deck to be one of the most relaxing locations that we have on property.

We very much look forward to welcome you back very soon and to hear your first impressions of our new food concept opening later this month: 15th & Vine, Kitchen and Bar.

Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel has a beautiful décor, very vintage modern, marble, very cool. I loved staying here. The location in Brickell is beautiful too. The conference rooms are gorgeous and the catering is delicious. Staff is exceptional as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paola J

You summed it up well: what sets Viceroy Miami and Brickell apart, is that you can combine business and pleasure here.

I see that you were here on business attending a conference and I hope that your travels will bring you back for some R&R next time – which for me stands for “Relax & Receive” timeout! May I suggest packing your flip flops, sunscreen and bathing suit and we take care of the rest including some of my favorite spa treatments that emphasize on balance, breath, and beauty. How does that sound ?

Looking forward to see you very soon,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!