“Nice hotel, nice atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #25 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice hotel, nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First time staying at this hotel for a quick overnight trip. Hotel checked us in early and we were able to spend the afternoon at the pool. Typical Miami pool scene with great music, drinks, and set-up. Pool is on the 15th floor and has wonderful views.
Getting our car out of valet at 6pm took some time. There was some sort of Rasta pool party going on at Fifty and the valet area was a madhouse. I was warned when we left for a client function that we should be try to be back before 11pm. I understood why as I attempted to pull into valet at 11:30pm. My husband ended up getting out of the car as I sat in traffic and got the valet to come out into the street to get our car. They do make an effort to accommodate guests staying there and did a great job doing so.

After the mid-day pool party, Fifty turns into a very popular nightclub. We went in and enjoyed the music and vibe.

Even with the valet hassle, I would still go back. Next trip, i plan on sitting at the pool all day, taking a early evening nap, then hitting the club about midnight. You really don't have to leave the hotel to have a nice
time.

• Stayed October 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Miss650

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor readers.
You are so right to highlight that you don’t have to leave the hotel to have a nice time: FIFTY
Ultra Lounge and the 15th floor deck are truly amazing amenities at Viceroy Miami. They are the perfect spots to spend the day soaking up the Miami sun and then dancing the night away among Miami’s elite: the best of both worlds in essence!

We’ll be eagerly waiting for your next visit, so until next time, I’d love for you to pack your running shoes and try one of our fun work outs in our 2,500-square foot state-of-the-art exercise facility. My favorite is our surfboard beach boy workout; we’ll bring the “waves” to you in this fun and hard work out!

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Amazing hotel with great staff! The rooftop pool and spa facilities are the best we experienced on our whole trip. The rooms are large and very well appointed - perfectly styled too. The location is out of the way from most things you would want to visit on a honeymoon but a 15min taxi ride takes you to all of the action. The only downside to staying here was that we paid for a room with water view but were given a room with a city view

• Stayed August 2013
Dear kurlie123

Congratulations to you and your new spouse on this exciting adventure! I’m thrilled to hear that we played a part in your honeymoon and I hope you’ll choose Viceroy Miami again for your anniversaries!

Viceroy Miami provides a romantic getaway in the city with the option to dive back into the busy Miami scene within minutes.

If you are ever back in Miami, may I suggest trying our “Raid the Mini Bar” Package? The Mini Bar tab is on us, so munch on your favorite snacks or sip on your own creation of a cocktail whilst in the comfort of your own suite!

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was staying at another hotel in the area, but went with my colleagues to spend some time on Saturday night. It was certainly not impressed with the lobby (there's not one), since it is just a registration desk, but as soon as you head to the elevators hallway, things start to change a lot. We got there too early so we were directed to the 15th floor to enjoy a drink. The pool area is amazing, beautiful and well decorated. Said, one of the waiters at the café near the pool, was very helpful, friendly and answered our questions nicely. He invited us to experience Viceroy and book our next trip there.
On the Fifty Lounge we had fun. The music was great and modern, but I missed the Latin touch I was expected to have in Miami. It was very crowded as it seems to be a very hot spot in Miami these days. Bathrooms for the Lounge were just average. My overall experience was very nice, but I have to admit that I have had better ones in not so high end hotels. I will need to stay there longer to give my recommendation, but I think it is worth to give it a try.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear lvearies,

Because we reside in the Financial District of Miami, Viceroy’s design often comes off as a major surprise to our guests. Our incredible interior designer, Kelly Wearstler, created one of her biggest master pieces at Viceroy Miami with an extraordinary shock of colors and styles. Our Lobby is on the smaller side, which allows our front desk team to be more attentive and easily within reach of our guests. I really do hope that you’ll consider Viceroy Miami for your next visit and I promise you that your stay will be beyond your expectations

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed FIFTY Ultra Lounge. With weekly theme parties and spectacular performances such as stilt walkers and fire performers, FIFTY Ultra Lounge is quickly becoming one of Miami’s hottest nightclubs. The city views at night 50 floors up are remarkable and it takes my breath away every time I get up close to our floor to ceiling windows...

If your travels do bring you to Viceroy Miami, I highly recommend that you plan on penciling in some time for pampering at our spectacular spa. One of my favorite treatments is called Serenity: a guarantee for your stress and tensions to melt away

Southside, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

What can I say about this hotel .....Amazing! Great spa, great service and food. There are so many nooks at the Viceroy we had fun exploring. There is a great little sandwich shop up by the pool we enjoyed.
The room was beautiful well appointed with an over size bath. I really liked the headboard reading lights I've tried to find some for my own room.
I loved all the different mirrors through out the hotel and the white sheer drapes!

Room Tip: . Make sure you ask about the spa it was included with our room the only way I knew that was by chec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen T

What a nice little adventure you had at Viceroy Miami! We do all thrive to provide our guests with a sophisticated getaway with the option to relax and hide away from the busy Miami scene.

I am so happy to hear that our colleagues and amenities were able to provide a wonderful experience for you! I am such a fan of our Hotel’s unique design created by Kelly Wearstler that I have tried to implement some of Kelly’s touches in my own home.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, may I suggest take advantage of our By the Bay package! Enjoy a relaxing stay with a bayside lunch at Café Icon, a credit to get pampered at the spa, and watch the sun set with a glass of wine.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at the Viceroy as a part of a business trip. It is a very nice hotel that is easily accessible from the road. I will say that pulling up is a little confusing as it is part of a complex of hotel and luxury condo towers and the sign announcing the hotel is small and easily overlooked. Other than that checking in was a breeze, the staff was super friendly, and the hotel room itself was really nice. The hotel appears to be fairly small - there looked like there were only about 10-15 rooms on my floor total. Both the room itself and the bathroom were a nice size and had kind of an upscale asian design flare to it. It had a great balcony overlooking the street and the buildings (if you're on the right side of the building you get a fantastic water view). The only negative I could say about the room is the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. It was more of an art piece wall where you could still see into the bedroom from the bathroom and vice versa. I was staying there by myself so it wasn't a big deal but it could be awkward if you're sharing a room with friends.

While there I also took advantage of the fitness center. I initially thought it was a part of the hotel but it appeared to be apart of one of the other towers. It was kinda confusing to find; you have to go up to the 15th floor out onto their lounge area (which is GORGEOUS...lots of chairs, great views, and two of the most gorgeous infinity pools i have ever seen). You have to follow the really scattered signs to another door labeled "Spa" (fitness center is never written anywhere). Go through that door down a hall where there's an elevator that only goes to three floors. Go down to the 14th floor and down the hall to the spa entrance where they'll point you further down the hall to the gym. Once you find it, though, the gym is really nice - kinda like a mini-gym you would pay membership for. It appears they have an in house personal trainer and offer classes granted the classes appear to be for members.

Overall this is a really nice hotel. The only drawbacks about it would be some of the "luxury" amenities. I went to the cafe for the continential breakfast however you have to be seated and wait for someone to serve you. Which can be slow (especially if you're in a rush like i was). Similarly if you drive the parking is valet only, which again can be slow. Overall, though, definitely worth 4 out of 5 stars!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing water
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crystal J

I’m thrilled to hear that you chose our hotel for your business trip!

You are correct in highlighting our fitness and spa facilities: they are the “hidden” gems of our Hotel, because when you do find them, after walking down our roof top 15th floor pool, it is like finding the gold at the end of the rainbow!

We have fantastic personal trainers of various backgrounds and experiences: I know it first hand and I work out with two of them every week to try and stay in shape and they do not go easy on me !

We cannot wait to welcome you back soon! For next time, I would love for you to take off that jacket and venture on up fifty floors up to Brickell’s hottest nightclub, FIFTY Ultra Lounge. Sip your favorite cocktails among Miami’s elite and dance the night away to sounds by famous local DJs

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to Viceroy with my family, and we loved the room, and the food at the icon cafe was amazing! But what we found much more amazing is the service provided by an amazing young man with a quite amazing name to say the least, Rolex went up and over what we were expecting and he made our stay at the viceroy worthwhile. The pool team in General was amazing and once again may I add the food! My kids loved it, as well as my wife and I, this is a hotel we WILL be visiting again soon! Thank you viceroy :)

• Stayed September 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Munozclaribelli97

“Wow!” is exactly what I have to say about your review.

We work tirelessly to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and I am so happy to hear we accomplished that for you and your family. Rolex was very proud of your review and so was the rest of the pool team! Everyone is waiting for your return to see if they can top your experience!

For your next visit, I’d love for you and wife to take advantage of our Spa treatment Package for couples, The Duet. The Serenity Massage and the Discovery Facial, some of my favorites, will leave you both feeling relaxed and renewed.

Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My Dear Friends: Last week I have the opportunity to visit the city of Miami, this time, I decide to stay at the Viceroy Miami, what a beautiful surprise, Roof top pool, love it, the perfect place to go with friends or your beloved one..The drinks well lets say amazing, that pool is a place to arrive early morning after breakfast and enjoy the pool drinks all day. the rooms: Beautiful and impeccable. this is a hotel to visit again and again, close to points of interest. you will enjoy the experience...

Room Tip: Sea View is a Must..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shambala Tulum

“Beautiful and Impeccable”, it could easily become my motto !

I’m thrilled to hear we were able to pleasantly “surprise” you on your first visit to our Hotel. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class which are perfect for a getaway in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

We’ll be eagerly waiting for your next visit, so until next time, I’d love for you to pack your running shoes and check out our 2,500-square foot state-of-the-art exercise facility. After an intense workout, treat yourself to our “Raindrop Harmony” Spa Treatment and let us help you relieve that muscle tension or soreness.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!