“wow” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my first visit to Viceroy with my family, and we loved the room, and the food at the icon cafe was amazing! But what we found much more amazing is the service provided by an amazing young man with a quite amazing name to say the least, Rolex went up and over what we were expecting and he made our stay at the viceroy worthwhile. The pool team in General was amazing and once again may I add the food! My kids loved it, as well as my wife and I, this is a hotel we WILL be visiting again soon! Thank you viceroy :)

• Stayed September 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Munozclaribelli97

“Wow!” is exactly what I have to say about your review.

We work tirelessly to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and I am so happy to hear we accomplished that for you and your family. Rolex was very proud of your review and so was the rest of the pool team! Everyone is waiting for your return to see if they can top your experience!

For your next visit, I’d love for you and wife to take advantage of our Spa treatment Package for couples, The Duet. The Serenity Massage and the Discovery Facial, some of my favorites, will leave you both feeling relaxed and renewed.

832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My Dear Friends: Last week I have the opportunity to visit the city of Miami, this time, I decide to stay at the Viceroy Miami, what a beautiful surprise, Roof top pool, love it, the perfect place to go with friends or your beloved one..The drinks well lets say amazing, that pool is a place to arrive early morning after breakfast and enjoy the pool drinks all day. the rooms: Beautiful and impeccable. this is a hotel to visit again and again, close to points of interest. you will enjoy the experience...

Room Tip: Sea View is a Must..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shambala Tulum

“Beautiful and Impeccable”, it could easily become my motto !

I’m thrilled to hear we were able to pleasantly “surprise” you on your first visit to our Hotel. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class which are perfect for a getaway in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

We’ll be eagerly waiting for your next visit, so until next time, I’d love for you to pack your running shoes and check out our 2,500-square foot state-of-the-art exercise facility. After an intense workout, treat yourself to our “Raindrop Harmony” Spa Treatment and let us help you relieve that muscle tension or soreness.

Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful experience with the best experience from the swimming pool on top of the 15 th floor. Excellent room service and money's worth. Walkable distance to all entertaining places. Great Lake and river view. Good Restaurent with mouth watering dishes.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear KasiOman

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Did you know that it’s the longest infinity pool in Florida? The 15th floor pool deck has become a favorite among guests and residents so I’m glad you were able to enjoy that amenity.

If you think the food at the restaurant was mouthwatering then, wait till we launch our new American cuisine inspired Restaurant. Our culinary team has a few tricks up their sleeves and will soon be launching a new seasonal menu with delectable dishes that will leave you wanting for more! We can’t wait for your next visit!

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is amazing, mainly because I am a huge fan of Kelly Wearstler's work. The rooftop pool made for the best Monday morning I've ever had in my life.

Service, including room service, was impeccable. Food from room service was pricey, as expected, but breakfast and dinner was tasty and warm. Valets were nice, and Alex, who showed us to our room, was easygoing and friendly. The mini-fridge was well-stocked with the extras. The gym was clean and the views from the gym were great. I'd suggest this place to anyone. Just don't take the shampoo home ;-)

The complementary prosecco and handwritten note were excellent touches, as was the free admission to the nightclub on the property. Had a lovely time overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room, perhaps not facing the street, if that's not your thing.
Green Features: Probably were good, they didn't pick up the towels everyday.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nicolepascale

It looks like you had the full Viceroy Miami experience!

The best Monday morning you’ve ever had in your life? WOW, and I couldn’t agree more. There’s something about enjoying the warm Miami sun and taking in breathtaking views of our beautiful Brickell neighborhood from our rooftop pool that just creates a spectacular moment.

I’m so glad that we exceeded your expectations and were able to successfully provide a “memorable visit”. I have shared your kind words with our “easygoing and friendly” colleague, Alex, and it just made his day so much better.

If your travels bring you back to sunny Miami, I’d love for you to check out our Viceroy Miami Vice or Virtue Package that’s happening now for the month of October. Satisfy your deepest pleasures by either rejuvenating at our Spa or taking a turn for the wild side at FIFTY Ultra Lounge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Love this hotel! It is off of Brickell and within walking reasonable walking distance to alot of other things.
The rooms are excellent and you definitely get a good view if you have a room with a Bay view. I love the tub in the rooms-it can fit two very easily.The bed is also very comfortable and makes sleeping through the night very easy. I have only ever stayed in the Junior suites with the Bay view so I can not say how the guestrooms are.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear ejsmiller,

I am thrilled that we made your stay in Miami a great experience! I have to agree with you on the comfortableness of our beds because I always sleep like a baby!

Sitting on the further end of Brickell sets us apart from many hotels. We are strategically placed a short walk or cab ride from Downtown Miami and many hotspots in Mary Brickell Village.

Look out for our Vice and Virtue package that’s been launched from now till the end of October. Satisfy your pleasures by either getting pampered at our Spa or dancing the night away at FIFTY Ultra Lounge!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I go to Miami at least once a year, this was the first time I stayed in this area. Viceroy is a good hotel in the area, although it has more of a luxury condo feel rather than hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, nice décor, the gym and spa area is stunning. I booked a standard king room, which was spacious, nice bathroom but a little dark and showed a wear and tear, the furniture looked worn as did the carpet and had a few stains, a big turn off for me. The pool area is very nice, pool side service, not sure if it exists or not. I only stayed here for one night before moving to south beach but I did want drinks by the pool but never was able to find someone to ask.

Overall, it’s a beautiful hotel, the restaurants looks nice, didn’t’ try it. The pool area is gorgeous, great location and great room rates. I wasn’t impressed enough with the room to stay here again but everything else was very good.

I'd rate it a 3.5 if I could but between an average or very good rate I'd have to say it's a little above average. The room I had is a 3 though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AdventuresTraveler

I am honored that you chose to stay at Viceroy Miami for your trip. Viceroy Miami carries a unique style that you would not normally find in Miami’s financial district. Our infinity pool is a great place to take in the breathtaking views of the bay and city and our Spa is a hidden gem with the perfect ambiance to allow you to drift off into pure relaxation.

I personally appreciate your attention to detail regarding your impression of the facilities and will continue to work tirelessly with my team on new ways to upgrade our room product despite our high occupancy!

Next time your travels bring you back to Miami, I hope that you will try us again and see some of the changes that we have made to our bathrooms.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travel to Miami on a regular basis and this was my first time staying downtown and at The Viceroy. It was a great choice. I had a special request for my stay at the hotel and they more than acommodated my request and also upgraded me to a one bedroom suite. Upon check in the front desk was very welcoming. I told the front desk my birthday was in a couple of days and the next day I received chilled champagne and chocolates in my room. Not only did I receive a wonderful unexpected treat in my room but I also received a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday from Colleen the guest recognition coordinator. Above and beyond service is what I call the Viceroy. The room was wonderful and housekeeping did an exceptional job.

I highly recommend staying at The Viceroy and will hopefully make it back sometime soon as I didn't want to leave at the end of my stay!

Thanks for a great birthday weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tracy B,

Let me first take the time to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

Colleen, one of our superstars, was beaming with joy after reading your comment! Knowing that she made such a difference during your stay is her greatest reward!

I am thrilled to hear that our team at Viceroy Miami was able to create an “Exceptional” stay for you and cannot wait for your next visit: next time, I highly recommend that you plan on penciling in some time for pampering at our Spectacular Spa. One of my favorite treatments is called Serenity: a guarantee for your stress and tensions to melt away.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!