“A Nice Time in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“A Nice Time in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I go to Miami at least once a year, this was the first time I stayed in this area. Viceroy is a good hotel in the area, although it has more of a luxury condo feel rather than hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, nice décor, the gym and spa area is stunning. I booked a standard king room, which was spacious, nice bathroom but a little dark and showed a wear and tear, the furniture looked worn as did the carpet and had a few stains, a big turn off for me. The pool area is very nice, pool side service, not sure if it exists or not. I only stayed here for one night before moving to south beach but I did want drinks by the pool but never was able to find someone to ask.

Overall, it’s a beautiful hotel, the restaurants looks nice, didn’t’ try it. The pool area is gorgeous, great location and great room rates. I wasn’t impressed enough with the room to stay here again but everything else was very good.

I'd rate it a 3.5 if I could but between an average or very good rate I'd have to say it's a little above average. The room I had is a 3 though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear AdventuresTraveler

I am honored that you chose to stay at Viceroy Miami for your trip. Viceroy Miami carries a unique style that you would not normally find in Miami’s financial district. Our infinity pool is a great place to take in the breathtaking views of the bay and city and our Spa is a hidden gem with the perfect ambiance to allow you to drift off into pure relaxation.

I personally appreciate your attention to detail regarding your impression of the facilities and will continue to work tirelessly with my team on new ways to upgrade our room product despite our high occupancy!

Next time your travels bring you back to Miami, I hope that you will try us again and see some of the changes that we have made to our bathrooms.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I travel to Miami on a regular basis and this was my first time staying downtown and at The Viceroy. It was a great choice. I had a special request for my stay at the hotel and they more than acommodated my request and also upgraded me to a one bedroom suite. Upon check in the front desk was very welcoming. I told the front desk my birthday was in a couple of days and the next day I received chilled champagne and chocolates in my room. Not only did I receive a wonderful unexpected treat in my room but I also received a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday from Colleen the guest recognition coordinator. Above and beyond service is what I call the Viceroy. The room was wonderful and housekeeping did an exceptional job.

I highly recommend staying at The Viceroy and will hopefully make it back sometime soon as I didn't want to leave at the end of my stay!

Thanks for a great birthday weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tracy B,

Let me first take the time to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

Colleen, one of our superstars, was beaming with joy after reading your comment! Knowing that she made such a difference during your stay is her greatest reward!

I am thrilled to hear that our team at Viceroy Miami was able to create an “Exceptional” stay for you and cannot wait for your next visit: next time, I highly recommend that you plan on penciling in some time for pampering at our Spectacular Spa. One of my favorite treatments is called Serenity: a guarantee for your stress and tensions to melt away.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We had always stayed at the beach when visiting Miami, but decided to give Downtown a try when we saw what a great value the Viceroy was compared to some of the beach hotels we had stayed at in the past. We thought we'd take a cab to the beach for dinners if we needed a beach fix, but we never left downtown. We loved the view from the rooftop pool, the spa was incredible, and the staff was great.

• Stayed September 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear K2ATL

Being located in Miami’s Financial District gives us the opportunity to surprise our guests when they arrive. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class, which is perfect for a relaxing get away in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

If you’re ever back on this side of Sunny Florida, pack up your running shoes and try out one of our fun work outs in our state of the art fitness center. Our instructors are some of the best so you can expect nonstop fun and a hard workout: I am partial to the ab lab and the surfboard beach boy work outs!

See You Soon

George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the reservation to check out, The Viceroy made this an easy and very pleasurable stay even if it were on Business. Their rooms are spacious and very well appointed with bar and sink and microwave all set in a very contemporary style. Great black out blinds fast internet and amenities to compete with the best. The rooftop pool is fab. Location is in the heart of Brickell and the waterside restaurants are a stones throw away. I usually stay at the JW but this place is great.

Room Tip: I stay on 14 great views and only 1 floor below the pool deck
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear ChrisBailey1066

At Viceroy Miami, we like to think Brickell saved the best for last because of our location and constant desire to exceed our guests’ expectations.

I’m happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and I can only hope that your travels bring you to Miami and to Viceroy once again. Next time maybe not on business but for pleasure with some Spa relaxing time following a night at Fifty Ultra Lounge where we offer the best views in town, 50 stories high.

See you soon,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Well I stayed here for 12 nights as I was visiting friend in Miami- wow disappointment plus!
Firstly the rooms are lovely and certainly nice and spacious for 1 person for this duration I had a Deluxe King.
But that's sadly where it pretty much ends..... There is no vibe in this hotel, no lobby atmosphere nothing, the 2 girls Angela and another who were pretty much on the reception most of the time were lovely however the tall guy always had a look on his face that made it seem like it was an effort to say hello.... The valet was a joke and it was always total chaos in the driveway no one took charge, and come Friday and Saturday when 50 was open it was even worse....
Most of the time you had to get your own taxi...
The pool area gorgeous again this is where it stopped the pool boys- well you had to speak them first before they would even speak and sheen they did it was everyday the same "are you staying in the hotel? Now as if showing my room key really means anything, Theresa's no pool service at all trust me offering food and drink would keep people out there,I did see a few people look for staff so they could order.... But again you had to seek someone out.
Then you got this tacky wrist band...... Very tacky ..for a 4/5 star property.

The spa was ok staff nice but not a great deal of service, lovely change rooms although I'm amazed no one has slipped and really hurt themselves.

Gym: dirty dirty dirty and when I finally had enough and asked for a manager he didn't introduce himself and said that a attendant is normally in there cleaning, the next day nothing had been done, dirty marks all over the cardio equipment- just terrible.
all in all I would not pay the money I did for the lack of service and stay here again.

I would suggest the beach or the four seasons.... I proper high end hotel ...this is typical Miami terrible service

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jeff B,

I will personally look into your concerns, correct what is in my control and review your experience with my team. We are constantly working to better ourselves and provide an excellent guest experience.

I hope next time your travels bring you to sunny South Florida you give Viceroy Miami another try and be pleased to write about our improvements.

Hope to see you again soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for 1 night as a weekend getaway in our own city. The room was very spacious and hard to beat the price of a 1 bedroom in Miami. The pool was outstanding as it was the longest walking pool length I had ever been to in the states. The parking was a bit steep but you can walk to restaurants so no need for a car to grab dinner. The only con I had was the pool deck was very slippery. While we were there we noticed about 4 people had slipped on the pool deck and so did I. The spa is gorgeous and the service was pretty good for Miami Standard. I would definitely stay again and have recommended it to others.

Room Tip: If you are from Florida they have Florida deals which are quite affordable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear xtinacarlini

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Our pool deck on the 15th floor has actually become a hub for many guests and residents.

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our pool and will review your comments with the manager of Icon Brickell to make sure it is kept dry.

For your next visit, I’d love for you to go up to FIFTY Miami Ultra Lounge: one of the main reasons for week end visitors who prefer to avoid the hassle of driving while enjoying a night out and spending parking dollars on drinks instead. Experience Miami’s nightlife fifty floors up while sipping on your favorite cocktails and dancing to the sounds of our popular local DJs.

Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well at least the parts of the planet I have visited! This hotel was 5 stars all the way! I won it on Hotwire and I was so excited!!! The decor is East Asian inspired sophistication. It is so colorful and eclectic that you truly feel like you are in another Country,. The room was amazing and some of the choices they give you for $$$ Amenities will either excite you- or make you giggle. I hope I am able to get back to Miami to stay there again! It's not really for kids, but they are welcome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear HGwynn

We’re the lucky one to have won such a great review from you! I’m truly honored that you considered our hotel the “Sexiest hotel on the planet “and I couldn’t agree more!
Just look around by the pool or at the Spa and you will get an eyeful!

Viceroy Miami works tirelessly to exceed our guests’ expectations and create an enjoyable atmosphere during your stay. I am glad to hear we were made it happen for you!

Next time you visit us, may I suggest taking a walk on the wild side and venturing to FIFTY Ultra Lounge! Drink and dance the night away among the stars and Miami’s elite with some of the best local DJ’s.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!