“Sexiest hotel on the planet” 5 of 5 stars

Award Winning Spa
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norwich, Connecticut
“Sexiest hotel on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well at least the parts of the planet I have visited! This hotel was 5 stars all the way! I won it on Hotwire and I was so excited!!! The decor is East Asian inspired sophistication. It is so colorful and eclectic that you truly feel like you are in another Country,. The room was amazing and some of the choices they give you for $$$ Amenities will either excite you- or make you giggle. I hope I am able to get back to Miami to stay there again! It's not really for kids, but they are welcome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear HGwynn

We’re the lucky one to have won such a great review from you! I’m truly honored that you considered our hotel the “Sexiest hotel on the planet “and I couldn’t agree more!
Just look around by the pool or at the Spa and you will get an eyeful!

Viceroy Miami works tirelessly to exceed our guests’ expectations and create an enjoyable atmosphere during your stay. I am glad to hear we were made it happen for you!

Next time you visit us, may I suggest taking a walk on the wild side and venturing to FIFTY Ultra Lounge! Drink and dance the night away among the stars and Miami’s elite with some of the best local DJ’s.

Warm Regards,
Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First of all, this review is actually not from September 2012 but from May 2012, although TripAdvisor didn't let me choose a date so long ago.
The reason why I decided to review after a year is that the disappointment and anger at this hotel still last.

First, the background: we booked 50 rooms for a weekend, a year in advance, paid in full in advance, for the period of the stopover of the Volvo Ocean Race in May 2012. These rooms were to offer hospitality to our VIPs. We (the staff) stayed in the Viceroy service apartments that are part of the same building complex for over three weeks.

So, for the good parts: the hotel is new, beds are good, décor is impressive, in-hotel top floor club hip and in demand, and swimming pool area stunning. That's about it.

Now all the rest:
- Regarding rooms, at least some of them could not close the huge window's curtains properly, so sleeping after sunrise in the morning was impossible without the use of a face mask. For a hotel this expensive and pretending to be luxury, it's a bad omission of the guests comfortability.
- Hotel staff: some of the reception people were nice, one of them (sorry, can't remember the name) even effective, the rest were hopeless. Any changes, requests, etc. were not dealt with and had to be repeated again and again. They even charged one of our VIP guest's room to his credit card without letting him know first, when it was clear that we were paying for it.
- Even worse was our event coordinator Bridget who was the worst hotel event coordinator I've ever encountered in my extensive travels around the world doing hospitality at a high level for VIP groups. Suffice to say she double-booked our evening venue for our most important customer function, meaning that we couldn't use the terrace of the top floor club and had to keep our guests locked in during a beautiful May sunset that we had planned for them to see (which we had repeatedly and clearly stated to the hotel). But she decided to open the terrace for a dj session aimed to hipsters that had sold tickets in advance, so when we found out on the day we couldn't do anything about it. Just what we needed next to the corporate hotshots we were entertaining. On top of that their response to our complains was graceless and basically they didn't care if we were happy since we had paid everything in advance. And this on top of countless mistakes when handling our rooming lists and gift drop requests or breakfast vouchers (because we were told we couldn't book rooms with breakfast included!!!). This meant I had to triple check every document they sent afterwards and correct their mistakes, and I couldn't trust them to do their work. So much for 5 star service.

If anyone is interested in more details, I can provide them, but I think the above already explains the reasons for a one star review.

To sum up, if you're travelling by yourself and you get lucky, you will probably think it's a great hotel. But if you are planning to book for a group (particularly if they're VIPs), please think again and don't do it, you will certainly regret it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear CloudAtlas

I am certainly disappointed to learn from your review that you had not enjoyed your stay with us.
I am dismayed that we did not quite find the right match for you on this occasion. It is always our no. 1 goal to provide each one of our guests with the best possible experience of Viceroy Miami

Please accept our apology for the disappointment and frustration you encountered your recent stay with us. We hope that you will allow us another chance and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Viceroy Miami in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated well in the brickell area surrounded by hi-rise luxury condos and corporate offices. Room service is expensive at $4 tray charge plus 20% service. was fast and friendly though however no tray collection offered. As regards the remaining food offerings, little to no signage is available. Cafe Icon looked more like an office then an eatery. Had ample opportunity to really sell the menu to poolside guests but saw nothing happening. Mobile bar would be a gold mine. Housekeeping standards good but a little inconsistent. Over the five nights I stayed, only one day did they Hoover and hang/fold clothes. The other annoyance was the time they showed up every day was 4pm or after. This is to late as your getting back from beaches, excursions etc. Pool area is nice. Amazing views. Should be vacuumed more often as loose debris was visible. Ran out of towels several days when busy and the same girl said that once they get them within ten minutes they would bring them to people around the pool. Of course this never happened and was always going to be an impossible task to accomplish. If she had just said, could you please return in ten minutes, that would have been fine. Hotel staff seemed pleasant but don't go out of there way to make conversation. There is plenty of them so there shouldn't be any excuse for slow service. One noticeable point was how casual they all are. Will have no problem chatting, laughing around with each other in front of guests. Club 50, was ok. quite dirty and furniture and decor could be improved. pool (not in use) was filthy. Overall a good stay in a beautiful room in a convenient, safe part of Miami. Would I return or recommended? Yes, I would.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Indigo2012,

For a downtown Miami Hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Our pool deck on the 15th floor has actually become a hub for many guests and residents. I’m glad you were able to enjoy that amenity.

Thank you for your feedback! I have shared this information with our colleagues as we are always focused on real guest experience to help us exceed our service standards.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, I would love for you to spend some time at our spectacular Spa and treat yourself to an amazing massage. I recommend the Serenity and just let your stress and tensions melt away.

Warm Regards,
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

By far one of the greatest mini romantic gateways. The Spa of the hotel is beautiful and luxurious. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Close to the heart of Brickell.Has a club on the top floor. Had a great time!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adri C,

Thank you for your kind words!

Viceroy Miami works tirelessly to exceed our guests’ expectations and create an enjoyable atmosphere during your stay. I am glad to hear we were able to successfully provide a PERFECT Romantic Getaway.

If you’re back on this side of Sunny Florida, pack up your running shoes and try out one of our fitness classes in our state of the art fitness center. Our instructors are some of the best so you can expect nonstop fun and a hard workout!

Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been here at the Miami Viceroy for nearly two months on business. Overall, this is one of the best hotels / accommodations ever! First and foremost, the staff is wonderful, always smiling, receptive to going the "extra step" and make sure you have what you want. Amber is the # 1 front desk attendant in Miami! Even on the small items such as getting ice or the newspaper or housekeeping request, the attendants don't stand waiting for a tip....I don't believe they expect one. Dealing with travelers that want to check in in 2 minutes, the front desk people handle them quickly, with a smile, and help them understand all the amenities available very quickly.

The beds are top-end with great comforters and pillows....all top -of-the-line. They are very spacious with beautiful granite, new TV's with a large variety of channels, awesome balcony no matter what room location. You can check out the Yacht's in the bay, take a walk in the beautiful park, in addition to nearby Mary Brickell village with local lifestyle and superb food.

EOS restaurant is also very good, as I have eaten nearly every item on the menu...Albert is the best bartender ever, with a great wine list and full bar.

The SPA is to die for! It is an entire floor of one building...hot tubs (plural), steam room, sauna, exercise rooms, massage rooms, exercise classes every hour with plenty of attendees! Three rooftop pools are incredible as one is fully heated and great lounge chairs, covered gazebo, etc.

No need to day more....I will not stay anywhere else anytime I am in Miami!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views; many include water views but all balconies are awesome! Go for the Suite...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bruce H,

What a great way to spend your Business trip! We are thrilled to hear that our colleagues made your stay memorable and enjoyable. We take great pride in being the most professional and caring in our industry.

If you think EOS is great now, wait till we launch our new and improved restaurant! Our oh so talented Executive Chef Morgan is working on a new menu that will leave your taste buds wanting for more!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel really has the wow factor. It is great value for money and make good use of the spa facilities which are fabulous.

Hotel room
We got upgraded on check in due to our anniversary (nice touch) and the mini bar was well stocked, four poster bed was great and great views over the marina. Bathroom had lovely products.

Location
Great location downtown, good public transport links, mainly used hotel to get around which the hotel booked for us, plenty of bars and places to eat nearby, about $15 cab journey to the beach.

Restaurant (Eos)
Good overall experience, limited breakfast menu selection though and I could not believe the price of a cup of tea (basic teabag) at this place, but I have found this to be the case at most American hotels, they just don't do tea like us Brits do however pancakes were divine.

Spa
Great facilities, and don't forget the infinity pool on the roof, get there early though as they get very busy.

Overall great experience, minus one point due to limited Eos restaurant menu but you are in Miami! Take advantage of the many many restaurants down town such as in Mary Brickell Village which is nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mrgoldeluxe,

Congratulations on your anniversary!
Wow! Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review. We are thrilled to hear that you chose our beautiful hotel to celebrate your anniversary and we hope that you will come back to us again soon.

On your next visit, may I suggest that you pack your dancing shoes and venture up to FIFTY Ultra Lounge. Experience Miami’s exciting nightlife 50 floors above while sipping on your favorite cocktails. Enjoy the breathtaking view of Miami’s skyline at night!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is by far one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever visited. Great location; short walk to free public transit which I took to a nearby shopping center. Plenty of bars and restaurants also within walking distance. I was a bit put off by the front desk staff when I called to confirm my arrangements. However, the staff was very polite and professional in person. The junior sweet was everything you expect; luxurious bathroom, heavenly bed, stunning view. The spa area was my favorite perk. Although the spa staff weren't as friendly as I would have hoped, they were prompt and accommodating. I enjoyed breakfast at Eos, which was of course delectable. The pool and sun deck area were very relaxing. I throughly enjoyed my stay. They have absolutely secured a return guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear ILove2travel89,

Wow! Being recognized as one of the most beautiful hotels from someone who loves to travel is such an honor. I’d have to agree that the Spa at Viceroy Miami is a hidden gem! What better way to relax than in the water lounge with spectacular views of Biscayne Bay.

For your next visit, prepare your taste buds for the new menu that Executive Chef Morgan is working on. It will be even more delectable than you remembered!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!