“Perfect Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is by far one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever visited. Great location; short walk to free public transit which I took to a nearby shopping center. Plenty of bars and restaurants also within walking distance. I was a bit put off by the front desk staff when I called to confirm my arrangements. However, the staff was very polite and professional in person. The junior sweet was everything you expect; luxurious bathroom, heavenly bed, stunning view. The spa area was my favorite perk. Although the spa staff weren't as friendly as I would have hoped, they were prompt and accommodating. I enjoyed breakfast at Eos, which was of course delectable. The pool and sun deck area were very relaxing. I throughly enjoyed my stay. They have absolutely secured a return guest.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear ILove2travel89,

Wow! Being recognized as one of the most beautiful hotels from someone who loves to travel is such an honor. I’d have to agree that the Spa at Viceroy Miami is a hidden gem! What better way to relax than in the water lounge with spectacular views of Biscayne Bay.

For your next visit, prepare your taste buds for the new menu that Executive Chef Morgan is working on. It will be even more delectable than you remembered!

Hope to see you soon!

862 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently arranged a Board Meeting for 12 members of our board from all over the world. The event planning staff at The Viceroy could not have been more helpful. Every aspect of their work was 100% committed to us having a successful experience. Everything went off without a single hitch and the participants all had high expectations and they were all very happy with the results.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear alr6,

I am very pleased to hear your board meeting went flawlessly. Our event staff works tirelessly to create a memorable experience for our guests. What sets the Viceroy Miami and Brickell area apart, is that it’s a great place for business AND pleasure. Next time your travels bring you to Miami and businesses is over, take off that jacket and grab a drink at FIFTY Ultra Lounge or get a great massage at the spa. You won’t forget it!

Hope to see you soon!
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

we stayed here during new year's and they had a 3 nights + one free night offer, and of course I took advantage and I'm glad I did. If you're visiting Florida to mainly hit the beach, then this is not the best hotel for you, however if you want to enjoy the city then this is a great hotel. We booked a one suite bedroom, and BOY was it spacious!!! And it has two bathrooms. The kitchenette was cute and can be hidden to keep the place looking neat and tidy, but I don't know why you would do that. One of the services I enjoyed at the Viceroy is that they are partnering with Mercedes to promote their Mercedes-Benz Chauffeur program. They give you up to a 5 mile free ride to your destination. I used it a couple of times and I felt like a VIP haha!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reham1986,

What an amazing way to spend your vacation! We’re thrilled that we played a part in it and hope you try us again soon.
Your pictures look amazing….you really know how to make us look good! Next time you visit us, may I suggest taking a walk on the wild side and venturing to FIFTY Ultra Lounge! Drink and dance the night away among the stars and Miami’s elite with some of the best local DJ’s.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked the Viceroy as it's 5 minutes walk from many offices in the financial district, however it turned out to be a great place to relax too. The rooftop pool and sun loungers are perfect for chilling at the weekend and have a pretty good view too. Sunday brunch in the restaurant on the same level was the insanely large and good quality portions you expect from the USA and staff were friendly and efficient. I found the Viceroy a great place to stay as a solo female business traveller as all the staff are welcoming, there's a taxi rank outside the hotel for easily getting to the airport / beach and the hotel isn't too formal nor feels unsafe. The only slight downside is how dark the rooms are, even on a sunny day, but they are large and well decorated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear sarahkc,

We are thrilled that you’ve discovered that the Brickell area is not limited to just business!
We hope you consider Viceroy Miami your oasis in the middle of all this modern skyline and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The bathroom lighting is being looked into but isn’t it just the thing you need in the morning when, let’s be honest, we’re all not exactly at our best! Next time you visit us, may I suggest you try our exquisite Spa, either to work up a sweat or relax and be pampered. Also, don’t forget our “ladies” night on Fridays in EOS bar and take advantage of our happy hour.

Looking forward to your return!

West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this beautiful establishment last year after it was recommended.
Here’s the run-down:

Day 1:
• Waited over 30 mins to receive food at EOS for dinner. NO ONE was in there. Why such a long wait?
• Kitchen messed up 2 entrees

Day 2:
• No greeters. Confusion on whether to give us breakfast or lunch. We choose breakfast and they proceeded with orders.
• Took AGAIN about 30 mins for some eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Why? Their response we only have one chef. WOW! Unprofessional to tell a guest that.
• Food: eggs were cold. Pancakes were hard. Bacon WAY under cooked.
• Wanted to leave but server was so apologetic that she said it would be taken care of but for us to please order a little something because she felt bad. We toast and bacon (uncooked as a matter of fact). I still wanted to talk to a manager. One put her finger in my face (Janique) and told me to hold one. Waited in the empty EOS for about 10 mins before the Catering Director (Isabel) came to me…….

Day 3:
• Around 10:30pm I found a lighter and diabetic test strip in the “clean” bathroom robe. Called front desk THREE times before I got a response from “Jeff”. He said that he will personally come to the room. 20 mins later housekeeping is at our door with 2 new robes….WOW
• The next morning Catering Director (Isabel) is at my door with security. This is about 12 hours later. She asked me if I found a syringe in the bathroom. Now if that is what was report why is a manger at my door 12 hrs later????? Security = Fail!

This was just way too many incidents for one stay. This was supposed to be fun and relaxing weekend reuniting friends and it turned into the most horrible experience we have ever had. I choose this place because it was highly recommended by a previous employee… what a shame.

After we checked out, we explained everything that went on and the ONLY person that even listened to us was Front Desk Manager (Monica). M.O.D and now Front Office Manager can only say ‘Sorry and thanks for your feedback.” Professionals left this establishment with a very bad taste.

Four emails and a couple calls were made. All I got was a standard email apologizing. REALLY!

Yes, this still troubles me....

Room Tip: Correct any of their staff EVERY time they make a mistake. Feedback is key! Something they need tons...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tiffany F,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback.

I personally remember your stay last year as many of our team members and leaders had been heavily involved in the immediate follow up to your concerns.

I am disappointed to hear that this is still considered to be unresolved on your end. I am available if you wish to discuss this further offline.

Since you last stayed here, we have made some significant changes in our food and beverage department and will be giving a new look and feel to our restaurant EOS, which is very exciting.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have admired this building every time i have driven past and decided to give it a go. I am glad we did the staff were awesome. The rooms we really well done and the decor is awesome. I have been staying in Miami for almost 20 yrs and this hotel has the friendly and best staff i have encountered. I have had some really bad service in Miami, but this was awesome. From the restaurant service to pool side service, it was all great.
We went up to the cub on the roof top and wow what a view. This will be our new hang out from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear shaunc64,

From the moment you pull up at Viceroy Miami, the statues modeled after the Moai figures of Easter Island will begin your journey into a world of sophistication and urban living not often found in the Brickell area. As soon as you step into the Icon Brickell complex, you are surrounded by the style of the world renowned designers, Kelly Wearstler and Philippe Starck.

Make sure to book a relaxing day with some of our invigorating treatments at the award winning, Spa at Viceroy Miami.

We hope that you continue to visit Viceroy Miami for another 20+ years!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good Hotel, with absoloutly amazing swimming pool, which on weekdays was pretty quiet, Great views of Miami.
Staff attentive and room well maintained.
Eating in the hotel although not probibitive but breakfast is expensive
The Hotel has a night club sharing the premisis but absoloutly no noise apparent

Room Tip: Ask for as high a floor as possible - great views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 83Mike83,

Thank you for your feedback.

Viceroy Miami thrives to provide a sophisticated getaway with the option to relax and hide away from the busy Miami scene. I am happy to hear that our colleagues were able to provide a wonderful experience for you! Our guestrooms have breathtaking views of the city and Biscayne Bay from many different angles.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, may I suggest taking advantage of our Spa services! At the moment, we have a promotion, Vibrant, Vivid, Very Viceroy, which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!