“Great business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Great business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked the Viceroy as it's 5 minutes walk from many offices in the financial district, however it turned out to be a great place to relax too. The rooftop pool and sun loungers are perfect for chilling at the weekend and have a pretty good view too. Sunday brunch in the restaurant on the same level was the insanely large and good quality portions you expect from the USA and staff were friendly and efficient. I found the Viceroy a great place to stay as a solo female business traveller as all the staff are welcoming, there's a taxi rank outside the hotel for easily getting to the airport / beach and the hotel isn't too formal nor feels unsafe. The only slight downside is how dark the rooms are, even on a sunny day, but they are large and well decorated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear sarahkc,

We are thrilled that you’ve discovered that the Brickell area is not limited to just business!
We hope you consider Viceroy Miami your oasis in the middle of all this modern skyline and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The bathroom lighting is being looked into but isn’t it just the thing you need in the morning when, let’s be honest, we’re all not exactly at our best! Next time you visit us, may I suggest you try our exquisite Spa, either to work up a sweat or relax and be pampered. Also, don’t forget our “ladies” night on Fridays in EOS bar and take advantage of our happy hour.

Looking forward to your return!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at this beautiful establishment last year after it was recommended.
Here’s the run-down:

Day 1:
• Waited over 30 mins to receive food at EOS for dinner. NO ONE was in there. Why such a long wait?
• Kitchen messed up 2 entrees

Day 2:
• No greeters. Confusion on whether to give us breakfast or lunch. We choose breakfast and they proceeded with orders.
• Took AGAIN about 30 mins for some eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Why? Their response we only have one chef. WOW! Unprofessional to tell a guest that.
• Food: eggs were cold. Pancakes were hard. Bacon WAY under cooked.
• Wanted to leave but server was so apologetic that she said it would be taken care of but for us to please order a little something because she felt bad. We toast and bacon (uncooked as a matter of fact). I still wanted to talk to a manager. One put her finger in my face (Janique) and told me to hold one. Waited in the empty EOS for about 10 mins before the Catering Director (Isabel) came to me…….

Day 3:
• Around 10:30pm I found a lighter and diabetic test strip in the “clean” bathroom robe. Called front desk THREE times before I got a response from “Jeff”. He said that he will personally come to the room. 20 mins later housekeeping is at our door with 2 new robes….WOW
• The next morning Catering Director (Isabel) is at my door with security. This is about 12 hours later. She asked me if I found a syringe in the bathroom. Now if that is what was report why is a manger at my door 12 hrs later????? Security = Fail!

This was just way too many incidents for one stay. This was supposed to be fun and relaxing weekend reuniting friends and it turned into the most horrible experience we have ever had. I choose this place because it was highly recommended by a previous employee… what a shame.

After we checked out, we explained everything that went on and the ONLY person that even listened to us was Front Desk Manager (Monica). M.O.D and now Front Office Manager can only say ‘Sorry and thanks for your feedback.” Professionals left this establishment with a very bad taste.

Four emails and a couple calls were made. All I got was a standard email apologizing. REALLY!

Yes, this still troubles me....

Room Tip: Correct any of their staff EVERY time they make a mistake. Feedback is key! Something they need tons...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tiffany F,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback.

I personally remember your stay last year as many of our team members and leaders had been heavily involved in the immediate follow up to your concerns.

I am disappointed to hear that this is still considered to be unresolved on your end. I am available if you wish to discuss this further offline.

Since you last stayed here, we have made some significant changes in our food and beverage department and will be giving a new look and feel to our restaurant EOS, which is very exciting.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have admired this building every time i have driven past and decided to give it a go. I am glad we did the staff were awesome. The rooms we really well done and the decor is awesome. I have been staying in Miami for almost 20 yrs and this hotel has the friendly and best staff i have encountered. I have had some really bad service in Miami, but this was awesome. From the restaurant service to pool side service, it was all great.
We went up to the cub on the roof top and wow what a view. This will be our new hang out from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear shaunc64,

From the moment you pull up at Viceroy Miami, the statues modeled after the Moai figures of Easter Island will begin your journey into a world of sophistication and urban living not often found in the Brickell area. As soon as you step into the Icon Brickell complex, you are surrounded by the style of the world renowned designers, Kelly Wearstler and Philippe Starck.

Make sure to book a relaxing day with some of our invigorating treatments at the award winning, Spa at Viceroy Miami.

We hope that you continue to visit Viceroy Miami for another 20+ years!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good Hotel, with absoloutly amazing swimming pool, which on weekdays was pretty quiet, Great views of Miami.
Staff attentive and room well maintained.
Eating in the hotel although not probibitive but breakfast is expensive
The Hotel has a night club sharing the premisis but absoloutly no noise apparent

Room Tip: Ask for as high a floor as possible - great views
Dear 83Mike83,

Thank you for your feedback.

Viceroy Miami thrives to provide a sophisticated getaway with the option to relax and hide away from the busy Miami scene. I am happy to hear that our colleagues were able to provide a wonderful experience for you! Our guestrooms have breathtaking views of the city and Biscayne Bay from many different angles.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, may I suggest taking advantage of our Spa services! At the moment, we have a promotion, Vibrant, Vivid, Very Viceroy, which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

By far one of the best times my wife and I have had in a long time! The property is just gorgeous! The staff throughout the property was the most caring, courteous and most professional I have seen in a long time. The restaurant on the 15th floor included. Highly skilled in customer service and they really go all out to make you feel special and welcome. The food and views are simply spectacular. Then there's the spa! Simply put! Irresistible! Clean full of towels and amenities this is clearly a 5 star event hands down. I would recommend the Viceroy Highly!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here!
Dear Matt H,

At Viceroy Miami, we like to think Brickell saved the best for last because of our location and constant desire to exceed our guests’ expectations.

We take great pride in being the most professional and caring in our industry. All of our colleagues, from cooks to housekeepers, spa attendants and guest service agents, work tirelessly to provide a spectacular stay.

If you are up to dancing the night away with some of Miami’s elite and one of the best mixologists in the country, I suggest heading to FIFTY Ultra Lounge during your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for a romantic weekend from Thurs - Sun. Service was fantastic on most fronts. We had a one-bedroom suite which was huge. Bed was super comfy. Nice balcony. Our room faced the front of the hotel and South (I think) to Brickell. Bathroom had a wonderful tub and was very large. Pool area was fun and had good poolside service with chairs, towels and food. I enjoyed our afternoons there.

EOS restaurant has a great outdoor patio space where hubby could enjoy his cigars (when others weren't nearby eating, restaurant policy).

Only issues we had were these: First day maid service came early - I asked her to come back -she did not show later, even when I called twice. Finally, I called mad and they came late when we went out to dinner. Front desk sent chocolates and a nice note apologizing. No problems after that.

Tried to order a movie on Sat night - got an error, called to request a reboot, engineer was called twice, even came by once - after two hours, we gave up. A little annoying but whatever.

Biggest issue was the LOUD incoming and outgoing hotel traffic most of the night Sat night. We went to bed around midnight and had trouble sleeping until about 5 AM. The upstairs bar closes at 5 am evidently but even as it clears out, all the partygoers have their stereos cranked, right as they depart Valet (below our room, several floors). We won't stay here again, as a result. If we were pulling all nighters, like the rest of the crowd, this would be an ideal choice, but that's not our scene.

If our future plans are during the week, you'll find us here. If we're staying over a Sat night again, we will go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the waterway, NOT over the street if you stay over on Sat night.
Green Features: They have a cool program where you can decline maid service and get a 10 credit at the restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jbroz22,

Thank you very much for your compliments, we’re glad you had a good stay!

FIFTY Ultra Lounge is open on weekends, which allows for business guests to enjoy a quiet atmosphere during the week and for our leisure guests to take advantage of all of our amenities over the weekend.

I highly suggest giving Viceroy Miami another try if your travels bring you to Miami once again! While making your next reservations ask for a higher floor and a waterview room for a real treat (the views of the bay will take your breath away).

We hope to accommodate you on your next visit to sunny South Florida.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had an early flight to Miami from NYC, and arrived at the hotel at 9.30am, we were aware of the 4pm check in time, but they had a room ready for us when we arrived which was a bonus. Everyone at the front desk was ultra friendly and professional, and genuinely so. We went into our room which looked fabulous but then we noticed the bathroom had a few towels on the floor, and called the reception, who were super apologetic and offered us to change rooms or send the house keepers. We were too excited to check out the rest of the hotel so opted to stay in the room and have the house keepers clean. By the time we had taken a tour of the hotel and seen the fabulous amenities we arrived back at our room, and were delighted to find wine, compliments of the hotel, for the inconvenience we had experienced. It was unexpected on our side, and we thought it a very generous gesture of theirs, and it certainly made our initial experience with the Viceroy off to a very good start!!!
The hotel amenities were fabulous. The spa and decor were stunning, there were many sun lounges, sun canopies, and overall excellent amenities.
This was my second time visiting Miami, on my previous trip I had stayed at the Shelborne South Beach. I was not impressed with the Shelborne, the rooms were terrible and customer service was nonexistent. Not being familiar with Miami, I was electing a similar experience at the Viceroy. I was so happy to be proved wrong with this. I stayed at the Viceroy with my husband, I think it is an ideal retreat for couples, the decor is stunning, everyone from the management down to the cleaners, are friendly and professional. If we passed hotel staff in the hall way, they ALWAYS asked, 'how is your stay' or something to this affect. Their interest in our stay at the Viceroy actually made a huge difference for us, it is so refreshing to experience this customer services - which seems to be non-existence in NYC.
The hotel entertainment was incredible, we listened to some incredible singers on the 15th floor. One gorgeous tall lady who sang in english and spanish, was exceptional.
We never made it to the 50th floor, we heard it was great, but we were too spoiled with all the other amenities afforded to us, we didn't even have time to check it out!
I LOVED the decor, it was stunning, my husband is in the construction business, so we appreciated the detail and expense of all the fine finishes in our room. Certainly NO corners were cut here! I really want to know where those fabulous dragon lamps can be purchased, I want them for my home!!!
Don't know what else to say, apart from thank you for such a great time!
Everyone was exceptionally helpful. We wanted to hire a convertible and drive to Key West, and Jorge at the lobby sorted everything for us and got us a great rate on the car hire- thank you Jorge!
The one minor thing which did disappoint was the chocolate cake we ordered from the 15th floor. Now, I know people do not go to Miami to gorge on chocolate cake, but my husband and I were in the mood for gorging on chocolate cake! We went to the bar to place our order for two orders of chocolate cake, and the waiter said to us, 'oh you must try the lime cake' so we went with his suggestion. All I can say is, thank goodness that waiter didn't let us order two portions of the chocolate cake, as the lime cake was fantastic but the chocolate cake was just not as it described!
As I said it was very minor, and I probably sound like a fat pig whinging about it - but I do love good chocolate cake!!!
So to end on a good note, this is an excellent hotel, with wonderful amenities, first class customer service, and I recommend this hotel to everyone...(but maybe not toddlers)...we were fortunate to have our baby taken care of back in NYC, but she is 2.5 years old. I'm sure she would have loved the pool, but would we have enjoyed running around after her on the 15th floor? where she would probably have re-arranged all the furniture just at the right hight where she could jump over...or picked up all the pebbles and thrown them in the pool...erm...definitely not for toddlers I'd say...but for couples YES YES YES YES!!!! Thank you Viceroy. We had an AMAZING time!!!

Green Features: If you opt out of having room service everyday, you can redeem a $10 coupon to spend in the restaurant on the 15th floor...
Dear bellegirl1982,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with such passion!
I am very pleased to hear our colleagues were able to provide a wonderful experience for you and your husband!

As a chocolate lover myself, I do appreciate your comments on your desert experience and will now have to go back and try our various chocolate desert options to see how we can continue to enhance our menu offerings.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, may I suggest taking advantage of our new Spa packages coming out later this month! We will soon have a package available that provides the ultimate Couples retreat experience, Euphoria. From a day of pampering and a Paradise couple’s massage to a delicious breakfast at Eos, this package provides a relaxing and rejuvenating experience for you and your special someone!

Hope to see you soon!
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!