“Outstanding First Class in Customer Service - Thank You Viceroy Team” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viceroy Miami

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding First Class in Customer Service - Thank You Viceroy Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had an early flight to Miami from NYC, and arrived at the hotel at 9.30am, we were aware of the 4pm check in time, but they had a room ready for us when we arrived which was a bonus. Everyone at the front desk was ultra friendly and professional, and genuinely so. We went into our room which looked fabulous but then we noticed the bathroom had a few towels on the floor, and called the reception, who were super apologetic and offered us to change rooms or send the house keepers. We were too excited to check out the rest of the hotel so opted to stay in the room and have the house keepers clean. By the time we had taken a tour of the hotel and seen the fabulous amenities we arrived back at our room, and were delighted to find wine, compliments of the hotel, for the inconvenience we had experienced. It was unexpected on our side, and we thought it a very generous gesture of theirs, and it certainly made our initial experience with the Viceroy off to a very good start!!!
The hotel amenities were fabulous. The spa and decor were stunning, there were many sun lounges, sun canopies, and overall excellent amenities.
This was my second time visiting Miami, on my previous trip I had stayed at the Shelborne South Beach. I was not impressed with the Shelborne, the rooms were terrible and customer service was nonexistent. Not being familiar with Miami, I was electing a similar experience at the Viceroy. I was so happy to be proved wrong with this. I stayed at the Viceroy with my husband, I think it is an ideal retreat for couples, the decor is stunning, everyone from the management down to the cleaners, are friendly and professional. If we passed hotel staff in the hall way, they ALWAYS asked, 'how is your stay' or something to this affect. Their interest in our stay at the Viceroy actually made a huge difference for us, it is so refreshing to experience this customer services - which seems to be non-existence in NYC.
The hotel entertainment was incredible, we listened to some incredible singers on the 15th floor. One gorgeous tall lady who sang in english and spanish, was exceptional.
We never made it to the 50th floor, we heard it was great, but we were too spoiled with all the other amenities afforded to us, we didn't even have time to check it out!
I LOVED the decor, it was stunning, my husband is in the construction business, so we appreciated the detail and expense of all the fine finishes in our room. Certainly NO corners were cut here! I really want to know where those fabulous dragon lamps can be purchased, I want them for my home!!!
Don't know what else to say, apart from thank you for such a great time!
Everyone was exceptionally helpful. We wanted to hire a convertible and drive to Key West, and Jorge at the lobby sorted everything for us and got us a great rate on the car hire- thank you Jorge!
The one minor thing which did disappoint was the chocolate cake we ordered from the 15th floor. Now, I know people do not go to Miami to gorge on chocolate cake, but my husband and I were in the mood for gorging on chocolate cake! We went to the bar to place our order for two orders of chocolate cake, and the waiter said to us, 'oh you must try the lime cake' so we went with his suggestion. All I can say is, thank goodness that waiter didn't let us order two portions of the chocolate cake, as the lime cake was fantastic but the chocolate cake was just not as it described!
As I said it was very minor, and I probably sound like a fat pig whinging about it - but I do love good chocolate cake!!!
So to end on a good note, this is an excellent hotel, with wonderful amenities, first class customer service, and I recommend this hotel to everyone...(but maybe not toddlers)...we were fortunate to have our baby taken care of back in NYC, but she is 2.5 years old. I'm sure she would have loved the pool, but would we have enjoyed running around after her on the 15th floor? where she would probably have re-arranged all the furniture just at the right hight where she could jump over...or picked up all the pebbles and thrown them in the pool...erm...definitely not for toddlers I'd say...but for couples YES YES YES YES!!!! Thank you Viceroy. We had an AMAZING time!!!

Green Features: If you opt out of having room service everyday, you can redeem a $10 coupon to spend in the restaurant on the 15th floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear bellegirl1982,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with such passion!
I am very pleased to hear our colleagues were able to provide a wonderful experience for you and your husband!

As a chocolate lover myself, I do appreciate your comments on your desert experience and will now have to go back and try our various chocolate desert options to see how we can continue to enhance our menu offerings.

If your travels bring you back to sunny South Florida, may I suggest taking advantage of our new Spa packages coming out later this month! We will soon have a package available that provides the ultimate Couples retreat experience, Euphoria. From a day of pampering and a Paradise couple’s massage to a delicious breakfast at Eos, this package provides a relaxing and rejuvenating experience for you and your special someone!

Hope to see you soon!
Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Westmount, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a creative Asian twist. The rooms are spacious, in great shape, and quiet. The floors are quiet, with not so many rooms per floor. The great feature is the 15th floor outside pool area, with lots of sitting areas, shaded corners, out-door bar, out-door eating, all with a nice breeze and cool views. The fitness center is one of the better ones for a hotel (because it is part of the shared condos in the same building complex). If only all business trips offered such a package, at a reasonable price ($199 for me). I do not highly recommend many places, but this gets my endorsement for sure!

Room Tip: 1) Ask for a room/view towards the water and not the city core. 2) To be frank, not much shopping o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear John H,

Thank you for recommending Viceroy Miami! I, too, am not one to highly recommend places to friends because tastes differ. But when you find somewhere that puts in that something extra in what they do, I will definitely recognize and recommend. So I thank you and am so happy to hear we were able to gain your endorsement!

I urge you to look at all the wonderful special offers we have available at Viceroy Miami and at all of our Viceroy properties around the world. We hope to see you in Miami once again!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a privilege o stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is huge and the room decorated in a very Miami way- Hype, glamour and stylish.

The bed is so conformable-even with stressful meetings I sleep like a baby!

The swimming pool area located on the 15th floor is breathtaking with a view on the harbor.

I will definitely go back.

The hotel restaurant was wonderful too. scallops are a must!

The parking valets and the staff at the café by the pool ( woman on June 20).. were my only draw back. If you stay 1 minute over your hour they charge extra money. The service was terrible- the food not good- nachos and caprese salad $40- $8 for tip and she didn't want to give me silverwear to eat my salad... had to argue with her

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stefanie C,

Thank you for your feedback.

Being located in Miami’s Financial District gives us the opportunity to surprise our guests when they arrive. Viceroy Miami exudes both sophistication and class, which is perfect for a relaxing get away or enjoying business meetings with style in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

We cannot wait to welcome you back soon! For next time, I would love for you to try FIFTY Ultra Lounge on the 50th floor: we have theme parties every month and we also try to bring up and coming DJ’s or live acts on occasion.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've stayed at the Viceroy 5 or 6 times and it's always very good. We went for our first wedding anniversary in late May and it was AWESOME! They gave us room 1111 which is jaw dropping. It is by far the best room we have ever had there. Panoramic city and water views from the room and from the bathroom! I could have sat in a bubble bath looking over the city lights at night forever! It was hard to leave.
Not only did they give us a great room, but when we checked in there was chilled prosecco, a little package of chocolate covered strawberries with little candies on them, and a hand written note from Colleen Harrigan with the hotel welcoming us and congratulating us on our anniversary. It was really spectacular and unexpected.
The room was huge with a hallway, and entry way table and mirror (which I love b/c it's like coming home to an apartment) and it had a seating area with a very comfortable loveseat, a table and 2 chairs. It had a balcony that we would stand on every night and watch the uplights on the building change colors....the Bank of America building is especially fantastic. Looking down Biscayne Blvd. at night was just sublime. I am a sucker for city views and this place has it right on! I could sit in that beautiful room and watch the city life go by all day and night. We were just so content in our room with the views.

We had dinner on our last night at the hotel restaurant EOS. It's beautiful but they had just changed the menu the night we got there and the food was just so so (we liked the old menu better). The service was excellent though. We had eaten there on prior stays and the food and ambiance were better. The view from our table was amazing....more great city views.

The pool (and spa) are one of a kind with a dj playing on Saturday when we were there. It was very crowded on weekends though, but that's to be expected.

The valet and bellman who helped us check in and out were incredible...awesome, personalized service.

This is a unique, hip and modern hotel with a gorgeous aesthetic. The service was outstanding for our recent anniversary stay and we always love going to this hotel.
Of course nothing is perfect, but overall this was just an awesome stay that we will remember for a long, long time. The room and the prosecco/berries and handwritten note will live in our memories forever.

Room Tip: 1111 is the best room!!! huge with city and water views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear hotelfan1978,

Thank you for your kind review.

Congratulations on your anniversary! It was our pleasure to welcome you back, especially for such a special celebration!

At Viceroy Miami, we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and I am happy to hear we have consistently provided a wonderful experience!

Hope to see you again soon for the many more anniversaries to come!

South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Viceroy for a month last year.
A group of us stayed in the 2 bedroom apartments.

The room were stunning, views were amazing (over the intercoastal and in the othef aide if the apartment out over Miami.

The beds were I think the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!
Bathroom was huge! And had everything we needed, although tiles were a bit slippery!

Modern looking and luxurious feeling!
Kitchen was perfect for what we needed. Balcony was an incredible viewing spot for the odd night time lightening storm.

We didn't order room service while we were there but the valet service was excellent they had our car ready everyday in a good amount of time!

Restaurants had good selection and the food was good!

The pools were really great. We swam everyday while we were there. The Spa was also an experience worth having while your there. The massage services were fantastic and the spa itself is definitely worth the visit!

Overall we loved our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear spiritwithin,

It sounds like you had the full Viceroy experience!

The views from our guest rooms really do take your breath away. I find the balcony to be one of the most relaxing locations we have on property.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in viseroy for our 1st 3 nights in our honeymoon ,We arrived very late with no laugeges and the hotel receptionist assisted us by offering us robes and tooth brushes ,,, the pool was difenitly one of the best we have ever been to located in the 15th floor over looking the skyline of Miami !! Amazing view. .......and the spa is the best we have ever seen ...
The room interior was very good however we didn't share any nice room view as it was overlooking the main street . We kept asking for changing the room as it was a bit noisy as well but apparently there was no availability ... One more thing there was no seats in the balconey

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Noha N,

Being located in Miami’s Financial District gives us the opportunity to surprise our guests when they arrive. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class, which are perfect for a couple’s get away in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

Next time your travels bring you to Miami, may I suggest the Vibrant, Vivid Very Viceroy Package, which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The person at the front desk talked down to me as if I was a poor guy begging at their hotel (sorry I didn't come with a suit and a porcha)
The lobby was the smallest lobby I ever saw. I asked them to open my sofa bed at 12:30am and they said they don't have people working after 12:00.

The room was amazing, very spacious, fantastic views, and very classy. The 15th floor were the pool and spa are located was also amazing, great for just sitting and relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Hadimas,

Our pool deck has become a hub for resident and hotel guest interaction, the longest infinity pool in Florida actually!

At Viceroy, we are hosts first and always and work tirelessly to provide a wonderful guest experience: we have addressed your concerns with the overnight team with whom you interacted so that we may deliver any future guests’ requests flawlessly in the future.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!