“AMAZING HOTEL AND EVENT VENUE” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #20 of 131 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“AMAZING HOTEL AND EVENT VENUE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We did our wedding here and we cannot be happier with how everything came out. The service is excellent, the food is to die for (every single guest liked the food), all the vendors that they work with are very responsible and super professional. Our wedding planner Bridgette Borja made our experience even better she made everything so easy and we didn't have to stress over anything. I love the hotel decoration is very unique and modern. I recommend this hotel not only for a stay but also for any event because they did a GREAT job with everything in our wedding... Oh! one more thing The Spa is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and the service is amazing we had a complementary couple massage and I will never forget how great it was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear AMAARNESEN,

I have shared your kind words with our STAR event team Bridgette and Chef Morgan: they both get very passionate for each wedding that we host and I am so proud that YOURS was no exception!

We hope to see you again soon here or at another Viceroy to celebrate your anniversary!
Now that you know of our truly amazing Spa, I am sure that we can arrange for a must have return visit and another couples massage maybe!

Congratulations on your wedding! We wish you everlasting happiness!

778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. Laid back atmosphere, and the staff is extremely welcome. The restaurant Eos is located on the top floor and serves up a pretty good breakfast. The pool is gorgeous and the spa is to die for. I did not receive any services there but stepping inside of it looked surreal. This place is really wonderful.

Dear LaEveBoheme,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Viceroy Miami works tirelessly to exceed our guests’ expectations and create an enjoyable atmosphere during your stay. I am glad to hear we were able to successfully provide a memorable experience.

If your travels bring you back to Miami and you do make the time to spend more time at the Spa, I recommend the raindrop therapy treatment: it is, as you said “to die for” !

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

WORST HOTEL DOWNTOWN! I will NEVER spend another dollar at this sorry for an excuse luxury hotel even if I was paid to do so. I stayed here before and it was a complete disaster! Dried up blood on my bed sheets, non-working air conditioner etc I decided to give them another chance with wishfully thinking and hoping that was a fluke! Everybody deserves a second chance to redeem themselves right? Well I regret spending money at this hotel and here is why… I originally was going to book this hotel through the travel website I normally use but for some reason I decided to go ahead and book directly through the hotel website, being that they had a special promotion that they were offering. The room originally booked was the One Bedroom Suite which normally goes for probably right around $500-600 A NIGHT depending on what’s going on in town. I was able to get it for just under half of that! What a steal right? But it came with a price and this is the reason why paying less doesn’t always seem to be the best thing to do. When I first arrived I had called prior (around 2 PM) to see if my room was available to be checked into early. The employee who answered informed me that it would be done in approximately 30 minutes. Well when I arrived the girl who was working said that it wasn’t ready and that it was almost done. I can live with that part being that early check inns are never normally available in these kinds of hotels. After about another 10 to 15 minutes I was told that the room was ready. Check in was smooth I paid for my room upfront because I like to just get that part out of the way. When I completed check in, the bell guy almost insisted that he helps me with my luggage which for me is not necessary I can carry my own bags but I decided to let him do this since it was almost forced. When we got to my room it was only on the 8th floor which is always a minus for me because I like high level floors with views. The reservation had special notes on them that I was celebrating a 5th year anniversary. This wasn’t even recognized by any of the people who checked me in nor was it even mentioned throughout any duration of time that I stayed here. Completely unacceptable because the amount of money that this place has the nerve to charge, the slightest gesture of even a card or some sort of trinket is almost expected. When I stayed in Miami last year for my anniversary right across the street at the EPIC I was congratulated by the person checking me in AND they already had a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries in my room waiting… Is that asked of every hotel? No... but at least to be acknowledge being that a person could have chose any other place to spend it. This situation was the FIRST strike for me! Now onto the supposed luxury room... When I entered the room the first thing you do is walk down this hallway and on the right is your first bathroom and then you have your living room area. Now keep in mind this is the One Bedroom Suite. Nice... Bedroom was nice and so was the bathroom. Well once the bellman left I unwound and decided to pull up the shades and let some of this wonderful Miami air and sunshine in. Well low and behold the middle blind or shade didn’t rise up... Then I tried to play some music on the iPod dock that was located in the bedroom and it didn’t work. For $1356.00 for a week stay even on a discount is unacceptable! I called down to the front desk and let the staff know about these little problems I was having and guess what? Never heard anything for the rest of the day. So that night I went out, I arrived back at the hotel and decided to let the front desk staff know that nobody from maintenance showed up to replace this iPod dock or attend to this problem with the blinds in the bedroom. Strike TWO. Later that night I heard a knock on the door which was the maintenance guy who brought up a new iPod dock, he plugged it in and left. When I tried out the dock about an hour later it also didn’t work! Smh… Simple things like this can add up very quickly! I began to think to myself this was yet another mistake choosing the Viceroy for my anniversary stay! At this point I was too tired to even bother to call down and let them know. The air conditioning is another common issue with this property! I stayed here December 2012 and ran into the same issue with the air. I was really hoping that the Viceroy would’ve gotten their stuff together this time but that wasn’t the case at all. It took almost 4 different iPod docks before they found me one that works. This was completely horrible! The next day the maintenance guy came to fix the blinds and he was unsuccessful with doing so. He brought all his tools and ladder made it very believable that he indeed was the best kind of handy man. Well no... he hopped off the ladder and told us “Don’t use this blinds, It’s broke” well duhhh that’s why you are here. Sheesh what a joke! The next day I called down to front desk to have them tell valet to have my car ready since this is always suggested of the hotel guest to do so. That way you are not outside waiting in the heat for your car! Makes sense right? Well...WRONG... I walked outside approximately 45 minutes later just knowing that my car would be ready to go. Low and behold it wasn’t I waited for about 10 minutes and asked the valet attendant why my car wasn’t ready I called down 30-45 minutes prior, there is no excuse! He said he was never notified that I wanted my car. So I went back inside and asked the gentleman working why this was never communicated to valet and he says it was. What a headache and just completely unprofessional. He storms outside and goes to the valet attendant and say’s “I did tell you this room # wanted their car and showed him some kind of paper… Looks like the valet guy was in the hot seat because he in FACT was informed and might I add there was no excuse for my car to not have been brought down because it was a Tuesday night. They weren’t busy at all in fact they were standing around talking. And this is what you pay $36 a night for? Please...I couldn’t wait to leave this display of foolish he said she said should have NEVER happened in front of a hotel guest. When it was time to check out the front desk girl didn’t even bother to ask how my stay was. I guess this isn’t required at a luxury hotel property right? Hmmm... Viceroy has a LONG LONG way to go and this is why they will remain in the #12 spot on Tripadvisor.com in the Luxury hotel in Miami and as quiet as it’s kept they don’ t even deserve that spot! Complete disaster! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic across the street is much more luxurious and the level of customer service is impeccable! Take Notes VICEROY!

• Stayed June 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear BugattiBoi88,

I am at a loss for words. It seems that we totally missed your expectations. Unfortunately, Viceroy Miami may not be everyone’s cup of tea. But, I would like to offer you a heartfelt congratulation on your five year anniversary!

Thank you for your review.

FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here on the way back home from our cruise. It is beautifully decorated inside and the pool is AMAZING. But the staff was very snobby and rude. Besides that it was a perfect stay and I would go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Abigail F,

Thank you for your feedback.

Due to our very close proximity to the port of Miami, we have many other guests like you that stay with us for a little shopping or nightlife experience before or after their cruise.
AMAZING – is the perfect word to describe our pool deck: you can walk it up and down and have varying views of Biscayne Bay, the Miami River or Brickell avenue.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, may I suggest trying any of our Spa services! Our spa therapists are highly trained and provide one of the best holistic experiences.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I suprised my wife and booked a couple of nights at the Viceroy over Memorial weekend to take a break...we live in Miami but wanted to spend some time with her.
I booked a Junior suite and was really glad I did...the bathroom is big and has marble everywhere, the extra space of the junior suite was well worth the small additional charge ( only $ 40 more that a deluxe room ).
Like many others posts the pool deck and Spa are absolutely incredible ! even though it was Memorial weekend and the hotel was packed, the pool deck never felt crowded. Mind you that it also serves the condominium so you are have wide mix of people....people watching at its best !
Massages were great, we had dinner at the restaurant ( Eos i believe is the name ) and really enjoyed the food and service.

Overall a fun stay, staff was cheerful and helpful, and the hotel is fun...will stay again.

Room Tip: go for a junior suite....slight price difference but tons of extra space !
Dear HotelEyes,

It’s always wonderful to have a couple of Miami natives stay with us! The Viceroy Junior Suite is one of our best options if you are interested in more room and impressive views of Miami. The infinity pool is quite spectacular and I do remember that we had a lively ambiance during Memorial week end with great people watching!

If you are up to dancing the night away with some of Miami’s elite and one of the best mixologists in Miami, I suggest heading to FIFTY Ultra Lounge during your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I will begin my review by saying the hotel is beautiful and serene. I was looking forward to a quiet stay in a luxury hotel. The girl at the front desk did greet us promptly and was very efficient, but that was all. Not at all warm and welcoming. She did tell us there was 24 hour room service and pointed us to the elevator..no other effort. We were the ONLY ones checking in at the time so it wasn't like she couldn't take the time to help us navigate the corridors. The corridor to the room was dimly lit but I was pleased that everything was quiet and peaceful. We arrived on a Thursday, about 10pm and were anxious to order something to eat from room service as we were too tired to venture to the restaurant upstairs. Once to the room, I was impressed by the decor. I thought it was tasteful except for the HUGE checkerboard painted desk. But ok, an accent piece. Another reviewer mentioned the cavernous bathrooms and he was right. Fabulous soaking tub and a shower but again very dim..VERY dim. As soon as we got our bearings we opened the menu on the checkerboard monstrosity and discovered the top of the desk was MORE than sticky. Someone had apparently spilled a soda or something on it and hadn't wiped it up. VERY odd that housekeeping hadn't wiped down the tabletop. Then looking at the table and chairs it was apparent it hadn't been wiped off either, sticky and rings where drinks had been sitting. Sad. But undaunted and hungry we cleaned the tabletop and ordered a couple of the burgers on the menu from room service (about 10:15pm) and were told it would be about 30 min. An hour later we called down to check on our meal. The man who answered said he would check and call us back (it's now after 11pm). A little after 11:30 he finally calls back to find out what we had ordered...yes, that's right, no one had a clue. He did apologize and offered the meal at the hotel's cost, but still .... A very nice young lady finally showed up with the burgers a few moments after midnight and I will say they were good...or maybe having not eaten for 12 hours had something to do with it. Still optimistic as the hotel had a good reputation we tried to remain positive. The bed looked pillowy soft and I couldn't wait. But looks are deceiving. I wonder if we stayed in the same room as the other reviewer with the noisy bed as our bed also had squeaky suspension LOL. THEN I discovered the bed only had one sheet! Am I the only one who likes two sheets? One to sleep ON and one to use as a cover? No blanket but a very poofy comforter. Even so the night's sleep was a good one...or was it the sleeping pill? I will say the balcony was entertaining. The room had a "city view" and it did overlook a canal, a dog park and yes a busy street. Maybe I'm easily entertained, but watching the drawbridge go up and down was fun, watching the dogs playing was good and the noise from the street was silenced by the heavy doors. I never heard the outside world when the doors were closed. On Friday we needed ice and discovered the only way to get it was from room service. So once again we called. Sad to say, it was a repeat performance. We waited about 45 min and had to call down again again. It arrived shortly thereafter, in an oversized bag?????? okaaay...LOL Then there was the coffee. I was pleased to discover upon arrival they had a Keurig type coffeemaker with a variety of coffee types to choose from. One problem...apparently only certain ones WORK in the brewer!!!! This could have been a wonderful couple of days except for all the little things. I agree with other reviewers the staff certainly needs some training in customer service and for the caliber of hotel it sorely lacks in attention to detail. It's sad that the two times we called down for something the order was lost/ignored until we called to remind them. There needs to be a better system here as something is desperately lacking. The devil is in the details. All in all the hotel is like a beautiful woman you meet and then find out she doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay if you expect service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear PamC605,

Thank you for the very detailed review. I personally very much appreciate the time that you invested in sharing so much information with us.

As you so eloquently stated “the devil is in the details.” Every point that you carefully outlined is a great opportunity for the Viceroy Miami team to reflect and find new ways to exceed our goals in terms of guest satisfaction.

Viceroy Miami is exactly like a beautiful woman with colorful fabrics and whimsical patterns designed by the famous Kelley Wearsler – a beautiful lady herself!. And, as a woman “with a brain” at the helm of Viceroy Miami, I will continue to inspire and lead our wonderful and caring colleagues to touch the heart and soul of every guest.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for my husband's birthday and we hated it from the moment we checked in. The front desk staff were horrible and provided us with the worst type of customer service. The only pleasant part of check-in was Roobertson (not sure if I spelled it correctly). He was very knowledgeable and very kind. He was the only one that treated us with a welcoming smile that was real! As a Manager in Customer Service I am aware that dealing with customers are demanding but if you continue to hire ppl that do not want to be at work this hotel will not last. Valet parking wasn't as bad once we called in advance to let them know we were on our way down a good 30 mins ahead of time. The room was comfy for the most part. We deceided not to do room service due to reviews on here stating things were stolen from the rooms. Since we do travel a lot we always read the offers and it stated if we declined room service we would get $10 coupon per night we declined. Well that was FALSE! We kept our DND sign on the door as a sign like every other hotel to decline room service and was never provided anything. We stayed from Thursday to Tuesday so on Monday I asked the front desk and they advise me it would be credited on the bill which we were fine with during checkout. Well during check-out I asked and they told me No since I had the DND on the door I would not get any credit. I politely explained if you can prove the room was not cleaned what is the issue? She decided to call into her "manager" and started speaking spanish which is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and advise me nothing can be done. SInce I was checking out and now running late for my flight back home I requested to speak to the manager directly and he didn't even allow me to explained nor seem interested in anything I was saying! Customer Service is to make sure the customer is happy ! It wasn't even about the money it was about getting two different stories and no one taking control of the issue! Left with a NASTY TASTE of this hotel!!! Will NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN!

Dear maug04,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared this information with our colleagues as we are always focused on real guest experience to help us exceed our service standards.

The Make it Green program has become widely successful over the last two years. It provides our guests with a $10 voucher at Eos Restaurant, should they choose to refuse housekeeping services for a day. It allows us to work towards our goal of managing a sustainable green operation by offering a good value to like minded guests! A Win-win solution! Thank you for going the extra step for our environment!

Your comments have been extremely helpful. We will work on making the Make it Green cards more recognizable so that our future guests can easily differentiate them from the regular Do not Disturb sign.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!