“Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
FL
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here on the way back home from our cruise. It is beautifully decorated inside and the pool is AMAZING. But the staff was very snobby and rude. Besides that it was a perfect stay and I would go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Abigail F,

Thank you for your feedback.

Due to our very close proximity to the port of Miami, we have many other guests like you that stay with us for a little shopping or nightlife experience before or after their cruise.
AMAZING – is the perfect word to describe our pool deck: you can walk it up and down and have varying views of Biscayne Bay, the Miami River or Brickell avenue.

If your travels bring you back to Miami, may I suggest trying any of our Spa services! Our spa therapists are highly trained and provide one of the best holistic experiences.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I suprised my wife and booked a couple of nights at the Viceroy over Memorial weekend to take a break...we live in Miami but wanted to spend some time with her.
I booked a Junior suite and was really glad I did...the bathroom is big and has marble everywhere, the extra space of the junior suite was well worth the small additional charge ( only $ 40 more that a deluxe room ).
Like many others posts the pool deck and Spa are absolutely incredible ! even though it was Memorial weekend and the hotel was packed, the pool deck never felt crowded. Mind you that it also serves the condominium so you are have wide mix of people....people watching at its best !
Massages were great, we had dinner at the restaurant ( Eos i believe is the name ) and really enjoyed the food and service.

Overall a fun stay, staff was cheerful and helpful, and the hotel is fun...will stay again.

Room Tip: go for a junior suite....slight price difference but tons of extra space !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear HotelEyes,

It’s always wonderful to have a couple of Miami natives stay with us! The Viceroy Junior Suite is one of our best options if you are interested in more room and impressive views of Miami. The infinity pool is quite spectacular and I do remember that we had a lively ambiance during Memorial week end with great people watching!

If you are up to dancing the night away with some of Miami’s elite and one of the best mixologists in Miami, I suggest heading to FIFTY Ultra Lounge during your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I will begin my review by saying the hotel is beautiful and serene. I was looking forward to a quiet stay in a luxury hotel. The girl at the front desk did greet us promptly and was very efficient, but that was all. Not at all warm and welcoming. She did tell us there was 24 hour room service and pointed us to the elevator..no other effort. We were the ONLY ones checking in at the time so it wasn't like she couldn't take the time to help us navigate the corridors. The corridor to the room was dimly lit but I was pleased that everything was quiet and peaceful. We arrived on a Thursday, about 10pm and were anxious to order something to eat from room service as we were too tired to venture to the restaurant upstairs. Once to the room, I was impressed by the decor. I thought it was tasteful except for the HUGE checkerboard painted desk. But ok, an accent piece. Another reviewer mentioned the cavernous bathrooms and he was right. Fabulous soaking tub and a shower but again very dim..VERY dim. As soon as we got our bearings we opened the menu on the checkerboard monstrosity and discovered the top of the desk was MORE than sticky. Someone had apparently spilled a soda or something on it and hadn't wiped it up. VERY odd that housekeeping hadn't wiped down the tabletop. Then looking at the table and chairs it was apparent it hadn't been wiped off either, sticky and rings where drinks had been sitting. Sad. But undaunted and hungry we cleaned the tabletop and ordered a couple of the burgers on the menu from room service (about 10:15pm) and were told it would be about 30 min. An hour later we called down to check on our meal. The man who answered said he would check and call us back (it's now after 11pm). A little after 11:30 he finally calls back to find out what we had ordered...yes, that's right, no one had a clue. He did apologize and offered the meal at the hotel's cost, but still .... A very nice young lady finally showed up with the burgers a few moments after midnight and I will say they were good...or maybe having not eaten for 12 hours had something to do with it. Still optimistic as the hotel had a good reputation we tried to remain positive. The bed looked pillowy soft and I couldn't wait. But looks are deceiving. I wonder if we stayed in the same room as the other reviewer with the noisy bed as our bed also had squeaky suspension LOL. THEN I discovered the bed only had one sheet! Am I the only one who likes two sheets? One to sleep ON and one to use as a cover? No blanket but a very poofy comforter. Even so the night's sleep was a good one...or was it the sleeping pill? I will say the balcony was entertaining. The room had a "city view" and it did overlook a canal, a dog park and yes a busy street. Maybe I'm easily entertained, but watching the drawbridge go up and down was fun, watching the dogs playing was good and the noise from the street was silenced by the heavy doors. I never heard the outside world when the doors were closed. On Friday we needed ice and discovered the only way to get it was from room service. So once again we called. Sad to say, it was a repeat performance. We waited about 45 min and had to call down again again. It arrived shortly thereafter, in an oversized bag?????? okaaay...LOL Then there was the coffee. I was pleased to discover upon arrival they had a Keurig type coffeemaker with a variety of coffee types to choose from. One problem...apparently only certain ones WORK in the brewer!!!! This could have been a wonderful couple of days except for all the little things. I agree with other reviewers the staff certainly needs some training in customer service and for the caliber of hotel it sorely lacks in attention to detail. It's sad that the two times we called down for something the order was lost/ignored until we called to remind them. There needs to be a better system here as something is desperately lacking. The devil is in the details. All in all the hotel is like a beautiful woman you meet and then find out she doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay if you expect service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear PamC605,

Thank you for the very detailed review. I personally very much appreciate the time that you invested in sharing so much information with us.

As you so eloquently stated “the devil is in the details.” Every point that you carefully outlined is a great opportunity for the Viceroy Miami team to reflect and find new ways to exceed our goals in terms of guest satisfaction.

Viceroy Miami is exactly like a beautiful woman with colorful fabrics and whimsical patterns designed by the famous Kelley Wearsler – a beautiful lady herself!. And, as a woman “with a brain” at the helm of Viceroy Miami, I will continue to inspire and lead our wonderful and caring colleagues to touch the heart and soul of every guest.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I recently visited this hotel for my husband's birthday and we hated it from the moment we checked in. The front desk staff were horrible and provided us with the worst type of customer service. The only pleasant part of check-in was Roobertson (not sure if I spelled it correctly). He was very knowledgeable and very kind. He was the only one that treated us with a welcoming smile that was real! As a Manager in Customer Service I am aware that dealing with customers are demanding but if you continue to hire ppl that do not want to be at work this hotel will not last. Valet parking wasn't as bad once we called in advance to let them know we were on our way down a good 30 mins ahead of time. The room was comfy for the most part. We deceided not to do room service due to reviews on here stating things were stolen from the rooms. Since we do travel a lot we always read the offers and it stated if we declined room service we would get $10 coupon per night we declined. Well that was FALSE! We kept our DND sign on the door as a sign like every other hotel to decline room service and was never provided anything. We stayed from Thursday to Tuesday so on Monday I asked the front desk and they advise me it would be credited on the bill which we were fine with during checkout. Well during check-out I asked and they told me No since I had the DND on the door I would not get any credit. I politely explained if you can prove the room was not cleaned what is the issue? She decided to call into her "manager" and started speaking spanish which is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and advise me nothing can be done. SInce I was checking out and now running late for my flight back home I requested to speak to the manager directly and he didn't even allow me to explained nor seem interested in anything I was saying! Customer Service is to make sure the customer is happy ! It wasn't even about the money it was about getting two different stories and no one taking control of the issue! Left with a NASTY TASTE of this hotel!!! Will NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN!

Dear maug04,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared this information with our colleagues as we are always focused on real guest experience to help us exceed our service standards.

The Make it Green program has become widely successful over the last two years. It provides our guests with a $10 voucher at Eos Restaurant, should they choose to refuse housekeeping services for a day. It allows us to work towards our goal of managing a sustainable green operation by offering a good value to like minded guests! A Win-win solution! Thank you for going the extra step for our environment!

Your comments have been extremely helpful. We will work on making the Make it Green cards more recognizable so that our future guests can easily differentiate them from the regular Do not Disturb sign.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a short stay here, on the way to the Caribbean. Wow! Fancy interior, clean, spacious rooms, awesome views from the balcony, and a great roof-top pool and bar! This is a must for couples in Miami, hands-down. Only flaw was the parking - $26/night + tips. What a racket... You can't just go down to the car back and forth. But it's better to just pay for it and deal with the hassle. Great location, cheaper weekday alternative than that of South Beach. If you both plan to have a few drinks, you'll have to get a cab bcz South Beach isn't that close. There's a shopping plaza nearby, as well.

Room Tip: Balcony works either way. If you get a westward balcony, you see the street and get some wind. If...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Zexworld,

Being located in Miami’s Financial District gives us the opportunity to surprise our guests when they arrive. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class which are perfect for a couple’s get away in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

Hopefully you will make it back to Miami for a longer stay and will have the opportunity to visit Eos once again. Chef Morgan’s menu is made truly from the heart and you can taste the difference. I also suggest trying your dancing shoes at FIFTY Ultra Lounge, where you can drink and dance the night away among the stars and Miami’s elite with some of the best local DJ’s.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Viceroy Miami. I thought my second visit might be a disappointment since my first visit was fantastic, but this stay was absolutely spectacular. We selected a suite for this visit which was an upgrade from the junior suite on my previous visit. The room was beautifully decorated and very spacious. It was nice having a second bathroom which made the experience feel more like home. We had a water view suite which had terrific views of boats traveling under the Brickell draw bridge.

The pool deck is simply my favorite of any hotel I've experienced. The view is unbelievable. It is especially impressive to see the cruise ships docked at the Port of Miami in the distance.

Overall, the food was good as were the adult beverages. I love the atmosphere of Eos.

While this hotel is located in a busy business district, once you step inside all that disappears and you are transformed into a calm, tranquil environment. The staff is friendly and very attentive.

Overall, this is a great spot to relax and enjoy some of the best Miami has to offer.

Dear Delinda F,

Thank you for your feedback.

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Thanks to those very views combined with delicious food and the longest infinity pool in Florida, our 15th floor pool deck has actually become a favorite among guests and residents. I’m glad you were able to enjoy that amenity.

I am happy to hear you had fun on both visits. I can only hope that your travels bring you to Miami and to Viceroy once again.

Next time, may I suggest the Vibrant, Vivid Very Viceroy Package which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

OMG, this is one of the BEST hotels I have stayed in. Firstly, the hotel manager Alan and his staff were beyond more than helpful. They help you in any way you need and have very excellent service. All the rooms have designer furniture and high end items and appliances. The view of staying in downtown miami overlooking the ocean is magnificent and completely indescribable. The hotels spa is beautiful floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water and is complimentary to hotel guests. I've stayed at a lot of places around the world, from Rome, to Paris, to London, I've stayed at a lot of major cities. Viceroy miami topped most of them and that is hard to do for the places I stay! They have an amazing rooftop club with a pool if you are a guest you skip the line and free entry! I've been and stayed before at miami loews on south beach, ritz carlton, and epic. Viceroy beat all of them in price for value, cleanliness, room size, service, and amenities. The hotel has a very classy crowd unlike south beach. I will ALWAYS stay at Viceroy Miami from now on. Front office manager Alan Di Leo was AMAZING! Thank you Alan for a wonderful time! I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very good! Dont worry when booking, you will be satisfied!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear C S,

Thank you for your feedback.

We work tirelessly to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and I am so happy to hear we accomplished that. Alan was very proud of your review and so was the rest of the front desk team! Everyone is waiting for your return to see if they can top your experience!

The Spa and 15th floor deck are truly amazing amenities at Viceroy Miami. It is the perfect spot to get the Miami Beach view without that specific crowd: the best of both worlds in essence!

Next time your travels bring you to Miami, I suggest trying our restaurant, Eos, on the 15th floor as well. Chef Morgan is putting together a seasonal menu that will have your taste buds wanting more!

Laurence Dubey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Conrad Miami
#8 of 115 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,319 reviews

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!