“Great, fancy hotel for couples!” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Great, fancy hotel for couples!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a short stay here, on the way to the Caribbean. Wow! Fancy interior, clean, spacious rooms, awesome views from the balcony, and a great roof-top pool and bar! This is a must for couples in Miami, hands-down. Only flaw was the parking - $26/night + tips. What a racket... You can't just go down to the car back and forth. But it's better to just pay for it and deal with the hassle. Great location, cheaper weekday alternative than that of South Beach. If you both plan to have a few drinks, you'll have to get a cab bcz South Beach isn't that close. There's a shopping plaza nearby, as well.

Room Tip: Balcony works either way. If you get a westward balcony, you see the street and get some wind. If...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Zexworld,

Being located in Miami’s Financial District gives us the opportunity to surprise our guests when they arrive. Viceroy Miami exudes both elegance and class which are perfect for a couple’s get away in the middle of the city. It is easy to get lost in the views of Biscayne Bay and the sunset in-between massive skyscrapers.

Hopefully you will make it back to Miami for a longer stay and will have the opportunity to visit Eos once again. Chef Morgan’s menu is made truly from the heart and you can taste the difference. I also suggest trying your dancing shoes at FIFTY Ultra Lounge, where you can drink and dance the night away among the stars and Miami’s elite with some of the best local DJ’s.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Turkish first
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my second stay at the Viceroy Miami. I thought my second visit might be a disappointment since my first visit was fantastic, but this stay was absolutely spectacular. We selected a suite for this visit which was an upgrade from the junior suite on my previous visit. The room was beautifully decorated and very spacious. It was nice having a second bathroom which made the experience feel more like home. We had a water view suite which had terrific views of boats traveling under the Brickell draw bridge.

The pool deck is simply my favorite of any hotel I've experienced. The view is unbelievable. It is especially impressive to see the cruise ships docked at the Port of Miami in the distance.

Overall, the food was good as were the adult beverages. I love the atmosphere of Eos.

While this hotel is located in a busy business district, once you step inside all that disappears and you are transformed into a calm, tranquil environment. The staff is friendly and very attentive.

Overall, this is a great spot to relax and enjoy some of the best Miami has to offer.

Dear Delinda F,

Thank you for your feedback.

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Thanks to those very views combined with delicious food and the longest infinity pool in Florida, our 15th floor pool deck has actually become a favorite among guests and residents. I’m glad you were able to enjoy that amenity.

I am happy to hear you had fun on both visits. I can only hope that your travels bring you to Miami and to Viceroy once again.

Next time, may I suggest the Vibrant, Vivid Very Viceroy Package which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

OMG, this is one of the BEST hotels I have stayed in. Firstly, the hotel manager Alan and his staff were beyond more than helpful. They help you in any way you need and have very excellent service. All the rooms have designer furniture and high end items and appliances. The view of staying in downtown miami overlooking the ocean is magnificent and completely indescribable. The hotels spa is beautiful floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water and is complimentary to hotel guests. I've stayed at a lot of places around the world, from Rome, to Paris, to London, I've stayed at a lot of major cities. Viceroy miami topped most of them and that is hard to do for the places I stay! They have an amazing rooftop club with a pool if you are a guest you skip the line and free entry! I've been and stayed before at miami loews on south beach, ritz carlton, and epic. Viceroy beat all of them in price for value, cleanliness, room size, service, and amenities. The hotel has a very classy crowd unlike south beach. I will ALWAYS stay at Viceroy Miami from now on. Front office manager Alan Di Leo was AMAZING! Thank you Alan for a wonderful time! I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very good! Dont worry when booking, you will be satisfied!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear C S,

Thank you for your feedback.

We work tirelessly to provide our guests with a wonderful experience and I am so happy to hear we accomplished that. Alan was very proud of your review and so was the rest of the front desk team! Everyone is waiting for your return to see if they can top your experience!

The Spa and 15th floor deck are truly amazing amenities at Viceroy Miami. It is the perfect spot to get the Miami Beach view without that specific crowd: the best of both worlds in essence!

Next time your travels bring you to Miami, I suggest trying our restaurant, Eos, on the 15th floor as well. Chef Morgan is putting together a seasonal menu that will have your taste buds wanting more!

NY NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

So a year after my first stay, I returned to the Miami Viceroy for another business conference. During my first stay, I was very disappointed in the customer service, and I’m happy to say that things have improved markedly since then.

Check in was quick and easy check-in. Although, either their database didn’t recognize my name and credit-card number as a repeat guest, or they person at the desk just chose not to mention it. After last year’s experience, the hotel manager had invited me to tell her when I would be visiting again so she could handle the arrangements, but I completely forgot about that offer.

The room I was given this year was somewhat smaller than the one I had last year, but it was still comfortable. Of note is a very large bathroom – the main area has good size bath tub (seems deeper and longer than standard), twin sinks, stall shower, and then there’s an ‘inner’ room (with a door) that has the toilet.

The room has the usual amenities: king bed, one guest chair that’s moderately comfortable (not great for any length of time for reading or watching TV), one desk chair, good lighting (a complaint I had last time), ample closet space, flat screen TV, kitchenette type counter (sink, coffee maker, fridge microwave), iron, ironing board, hair dryer, room safe, and a Sony mini-sound system with an iPod dock. My room had a small terrace.

The bathroom is very visible from the bedroom via lattice work separating the two rooms (i.e. no privacy for the person in the bathroom). However, there was a shade that could be lowered to block the view through the lattice work.

There is no alarm clock in the room (a concern given the missed wake-up call during my prior stay). The Sony iPod dock did have a clock function (which was not set), but even still it only displays for a few seconds at a time after you hit the proper button (so when the room was dark, you are probably out of luck), and does not have any alarm-clock functionality for waking you up. There is a clock on the microwave, but aside from standing right in front of it, it’s not visible from any place in the room. Although I did have trouble one night getting in-touch with the front-desk to leave a wake-up call, I was called promptly each morning at the appointed time.

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable with good air-conditioning. I had to call maintenance one time for the bathroom, and they were quick to respond and resolve the issue (unlike my previous stay where maintenance never addressed a complaint despite previous calls).

The Wi-Fi was free (last year it was $10/day), but you can apparently pay for upgraded speeds. I found that the free option was perfectly fine for basic e-mail and web-surfing.

I ate at the restaurant a few times. On my first night there I was quickly greeted and seated for dinner. When I said I was looking for just a sandwich, the maître d’ thoughtfully brought me the lunch menu to choose from. Just like my previous stay, the hotel adds an 18% service charge to all restaurant bills. I’m not sure why they don’t trust the guests to tip properly. Personally, I don’t like having the tip automatically added.

The restaurant has a small bar, but the real treat is taking your drinks to the outside deck with very comfortable chairs (the temperature was perfect for this during my stay). I did not get a chance to try out the pool or spa facilities while I was there.

My business conference was at the hotel (2 days on the 15th floor, and one day on the 50th floor). Just like last year the quality of food was quite good for a business conference, and the service-levels of the wait staff assigned to our conference was excellent. My only complaint related to the hotel for the conference was that one day the fire alarm went off 3 times – each time we were told to stay where we were and that it was a malfunction.

Either my disappointing experience last year was an aberration, or the Viceroy has improved dramatically since then. Regardless, I’m happy to recommend it now.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brian11375

Welcome Back!

I have taken the liberty to notify our Front Desk Team that you are a returning guest. It has been noted in your file. I also appreciate you taking the time to point out so many different aspects of our wonderful property. Kelly Wearstler designed Viceroy Miami with a unique style that you would not normally find in Miami’s Financial District. Our 15th floor infinity pool is a great place to witness the impressive views of the bay and city. The Spa provides the perfect ambiance to allow yourself to drift off into pure relaxation.

I remember your previous stay and I am ecstatic that we have turned you into a Viceroy believer once again! We strive to better ourselves everyday and your feedback has been a great help. Thank you for investing that time!

Next time you are in Miami, I suggest you try Chef Morgan’s new seasonal menu! She is putting her own spin on things in the Eos kitchen and it is giving local restaurants something to be concerned about!!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and had a blast. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Our suite was beautiful and clean. Pool is breathtaking. Spa and fitness center were fabulous. Cannot wait to go back. Worth the cost. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Giraffe5023,

Best hotel in Miami? Wow, great rating! I am thrilled that we made your stay in Miami a great experience! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We cannot wait to welcome you back soon! For next time, I would love for you to try FIFTY Ultra Lounge on the 50th floor: we have theme parties every month and we also try to bring up and coming DJ’s or live acts on occasion.

Look for our Vibrant, Vivid Very Viceroy Package launched next week which features some fabulous amenities such as two for one at the Spa during matinee hours.

Warm Regards and see you soon,
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The marble in the room makes it a little bit heavy for the atmosphere (personal taste). The parking and front desk are overwhelmed with the flow of people (during low season). On the other hand, the pool on the 15th floor is breathtaking. The Spa is nice but if you are close to the entrance you can hear people talking and can interfering with your massage.
I will I come back? Maybe.

Dear B M,

Thank you for your feedback.

Our pool deck has become a hub for resident and hotel guest interaction, whether it’s in the longest pool in Florida or sitting on the Terrace at Eos, it is an impressive site from many angles!

Did you know that our Spa and pool have been host to multiple Miami TV shows – one of my favorite was Burn Notice...

I appreciate your suggestion on the Spa and already reviewed it with our Spa team.
If you come back to visit us at Viceroy Miami, we will be offering a Spa matinee special available to all hotel guests this summer with two treatments for the price of one (from June to September: for late morning and early afternoon hours).

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Definitely one of the best value luxury hotel in the Brickell / dowtown Miami area. It must have been my 10th stay at the hotel and once again i had a great time. Internet was a little bit slow (because i didn't pick up the pay high speed option) but I cannot think about any other hotel in this area for business stay. I love the pool, which is sunny all day long or so (lot of pools in this area get the sun only one or two hours a day). The spa is phenomenal, love the design. I will come back over and over as long as I have business to do in Miami

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Thibaut a,

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Our pool deck on the 15th floor has actually become a hub for many guests and residents. I’m glad you were able to enjoy that amenity.

We welcome you every time that brings you back to Miami! Next time try our restaurant, Eos, on the 15th floor. Chef Morgan has created a delicious seasonal menu that will have your taste buds wanting more. Furthermore Chef Morgan is a sommelier and shares your passion for wine!

See you soon!
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!