“Amazinnnngg Wedding, Staff, and Vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #22 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazinnnngg Wedding, Staff, and Vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Future brides/grooms out there, do not stress!!! I really cannot express enough how amazing the Catering Manager, Bridgette and Banquet Manager, Mario were from the first day of planning up until our last day at the hotel( even after the wedding)!! You are in great hands, please let me explain...
We live on the west coast and decided to have a destination wedding being that I am from South Florida and my now husband has a lot of friends and family there as well. I have had my eye on the Viceroy (FIFTY) since we started to think of venue's being that all we wanted was a high-class party in miami and vacation for all of our guests, let me just say that is exactly what we got!
Bridgette was there every step of the way , even though we had to work around our time zones and schedules through out the last year of planning...she never made me feel like I needed to worry or that she wouldn't respond to my constant flow of questions :) She went way ABOVE and beyond to make me at ease and supported . Her energy is unbelievable, she is so genuine and you can tell she loves what she does and cares about her brides!! I felt like I had the best kind of friend in the most professional way the entire night :)
Mario is extremely talented and creative! He is so knowledgeable and was absolutely amazing when we were taking our photos, he brought us a mini cocktail hour ! ( since the bridal party typically misses that portion of the wedding) I needed a mirror..it was there, I needed water..it was there..the ground was wet since it had rained and the staff brings out towels and makes sure your dress doesn't get dirty! Every where we turned someone was there to help and so on point. They just understand what the business is all about and are the best at what they do!
It has been 3 weeks from our wedding and we are still getting calls, facebook messages, texts, emails, thank yous...etc on how this was the best wedding they have ever been to, how detailed everything was to perfection, and the FOOD, everyone looovved the food. The hotel was gorgeous and the view to die for ! ..and let me just add, we come from a group of family and friends with very high expectations! You will love every minute of it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kerri Z,

Congratulations to you and your new husband on this new adventure! I have shared your praises with Bridgette, Mario and the rest of the banquet team and they were grinning from ear to ear for at least a week !

I am so glad that you highlighted two of our superstars at Viceroy Miami in this review. They both literally love to plan and execute memorable weddings and it shows! For such an unforgettable one time occasion in one’s life, you need to be able to trust the people that will take over so that you may fully enjoy the process: there is no greater joy for me to see that we exceeded your expectation and made your wedding day so extraordinary!

It would be wonderful to see you again at Viceroy for your anniversary, in Miami or at another fabulous location in the Caribbean or Mexico maybe.
We look forward to welcome you back soon and extend our most heartfelt congratulations once again!

864 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago for week where my company put on a two-day corporate event. The event staff was amazing - so attentive and accommodating from adding last minute water stations for speakers to adjusting the the room temperatures. Side note: We were in the salons on the 15th floor - if you have an event it takes a while for the HVAC system to adjust the temperature, i.e. to cool down the rooms. Be sure to give it enough time so your guests aren't uncomfortable. The food was extremely good and we had positive reviews from the 100 or so attendees. Thank you so much to everyone there.

I had a very similar room as last time and enjoyed the funky, eclectic decor again. I do still think it is very dark, though :). Regarding the bathroom, a suggestion for management - please consider putting in lighted facial mirrors for makeup in the bathrooms. It's odd because the spacious bathroom is lined with mirrors yet the lighting isn't great for that sort of thing. I wound up perched on the side of the bed with the reading lamp for a few days.

Thanks again to the staff, especially James at the front desk, for making a 5 AM departure funny, pleasant, and smooth. Looking forward to the next stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear bermudalovers,

Thank you for your feedback!

We pride ourselves on providing the best service and anticipating our guests’ needs, so it is lovely to hear our event staff and front desk team were able to provide exemplary service to you and your colleagues during your stay.

I appreciate the suggestion of the lighted mirrors. We don’t want our guests finding themselves perched in odd locations!

After spending years as a “road warrior” all over the globe, I truly value great lighting in hotel bathrooms! Last year, we replaced all hotel lights with LED, part of our second nature efforts and also to provide great quality lighting: this year, we are actually looking at some different options for lighted make up mirrors. Would love to get your opinion of our selection on your next visit.

If your travels, business or pleasure, bring you back to sunny South Florida, I invite you to try our restaurant, Eos. Chef Morgan has been working on a seasonal menu that will have you salivating just by glancing at the menu!

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had a very bad experience at Viceroy- unfortunately my iPad and some clothing were taken from my room. I reported this and two days after I checked out I have no explanation, resolution or anything. I also found the staff wasn't very helpful. So if you go there put everything under lock and key. A real shame and a real bummer for me.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool if possible- the other side overlooks a noisy street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear CBall M,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am very disappointed and saddened to hear of your dissatisfaction and frustration online.

I would like to have the opportunity to review with you, offline, our investigation process in such cases as it is quite detailed and thorough.

At Viceroy Miami, we have a fantastic Director of Security and Loss Prevention - who is a trained Detective - and who thrives on catching anyone on our premises with bad intentions or a lack of integrity! Not quite CSI Miami but pretty close!

One of our key culture standards at Viceroy is integrity and I personally lead my team with zero tolerance for lack thereof.

I sincerely hope that we can assist you resolve this matter.

Warm regards,
Spring Creek, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great hotel, very helpful considering we were very early checking in. They held our bags till the room was ready. And took care of us. The room wad great except the small piece of glass I found on the bed and the hair I found on the conditioner. Other than that nothing negative. Oh the spas prices are outrageous!! No matter how rich you are 250 for a massage? Yea. No. The pool was FANTASTIC. It was right on top. And you could look down off the building. The bed is very comfortable as well!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Beth E,

I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will bring your concerns to our housekeeping department during our next meeting and see where we failed to deliver.

For a downtown Miami hotel, Viceroy does have quite an impressive infinity pool with very scenic views. Our pool deck has become a hub for resident and hotel guest interaction, whether it’s in the longest pool in Florida or sitting on the Terrace at Eos.

If you come back to visit us at Viceroy Miami, I am happy to confirm that we will offer a Spa matinee special available to all hotel guests this summer with two treatments for the price of one (June to September morning and early afternoon hours).

I suggest one of our fitness classes. Our instructors are some of the best so you can expect nonstop fun and a hard workout!

See you soon!

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I booked a one night stay to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed the hotel very much. We loved the room. I was decorated in a very tasteful and sexy style. The bed and bedding were comfortable and luxurious, and so were the toiletries provided. The Lilly coffee maker made a great espresso and was one of my husband highlights. The infinity pool is on the 15th floor and offers great views of gorgeous Biscayne Bay. It is a busy and fun people watching pool. If you want to relax there are awesome canopy beds all around, fantastic places for a nap! We visited the spa and wished we would have time to work out and get a spa service. The facilities are absolutely outstanding! Other reviews mention a bad experience with Douglas, but I have to say that he was really helpful and nice to us, and gave us directions to a great little breakfast place two blocks away called Deli Lane Cafe. (Maybe this was another Douglas...) I will highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear alexdelange,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your anniversary at Viceroy Miami. We work tirelessly on providing a great experience for our guests and it seems we have succeeded.

Our room amenities are some of my personal favorites. The bed is impeccable and our Neil George products make your skin feel absolutely youthful and rested! I have to admit the Illy Coffee maker is one of my highlights as well! I have my own in my office and use it regularly – almost too regularly maybe....

If your travels bring you back to Miami, I invite you to try our restaurant, Eos, on the 15th floor. Chef Morgan has been working on a seasonal menu that will have your taste buds wanting more!

Hope to see you soon!

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My fiancée and I have stayed at the Viceroy about 5 times. We always love the rooms. They are decorated in a style that suits our taste. We both noted that the designer provides for storage while maintaining her style ascetic. There is a Lilly coffee maker in each room that makes great espresso. The infinity pool is on the 15th floor and offers a great view of Biscayne Bay. The people at the small snack shop by the pool are extremely friendly and helpful. The spa treatments are wonderful and the people at the spa are absolutely great. My only negatives relate to the Eos restaurant where we have had bad service on multiple occasions. Try the restaurants in the Mary Brickell Plaza ( a 10 minute walk) instead. The other negative was our interactions with a front desk person named Douglas. Throughout our stay he was totally disinterested, and seemed put out that he had to interact with us.. The final nail was as we got on the elevator with our bags to go to the lobby and check out, he stepped on, barely acknowledged us, then said," Checking out?, I'll check you out". As we stepped to the desk another gentlemen cut in front of us. Without even acknowledging that we were there, Douglas proceeded to service the other gentlemen, never even looking in our direction. As many time visitors, we expect to be treated better than that. So if you avoid, the restaurant and Douglas, you'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms are quieter in the morning. Get breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ray ZBoston,

Thank you for choosing Viceroy Miami on your numerous trips to sunny South Florida! You have pointed out some of our best spots on property! Kelly Wearstler designed Viceroy Miami with a unique style you would not normally find in Miami’s Financial District. Our 15th floor infinity pool is a great place to witness the impressive views of the bay and city. The Spa provides the perfect ambiance to allow yourself to drift off into pure relaxation.

I appreciate your feedback which will be reviewed with both the Front desk and F&B teams during our next meetings. We strive to provide an excellent guest experience and exceed your expectations every time.

Next time your travels bring you to Miami, stop by FIFTY Ultra Lounge. It is a great spot to mingle with Miami socialites, enjoy delicious cocktails, and dance the night away 50 floors above the Miami skyline.

Hope to see you soon!

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I recently had my wedding at the Viceroy Miami. The reason why my husband and I chose it is because the location is great since most of our guests are out of town and the hotel itself is such a modern good looking hotel. The wedding portion was great - guests loved the venue but the service was horrible. I delt with Jannike as my wedding coordinator who was hard to get ahold of so when she quite 2 weeks before my wedding I didn't think it was such a bad thing hoping to get someone else more detail oriented that actually got back to me when I would reach out to them. Instead it was almost a nightmare dealing with the staff from people not knowing who was handling my wedding to dealing with the Director of Catering, Isabel. Thinking that she would be on top of everything she was WORSE than Jannike. I didn't get ahold of anyone at the Viceroy for my wedding until about a week before so I hadn't handed in any information. Isabel also wasn't even present on my wedding day and a lot of things that were supposed to be out for my wedding weren't a lot of the detail i put into the wedding had gone missed because of their lack of professionalism and communication. Mario the F&B manager stayed for my wedding who was great but the Director of Catering, and everyone else on her team was horrible. They also didn't return back champagne flutes, most of my cake was missing and didnt see it out at the wedding, and other items that were supposed to be used never were and were never returned to me. It's been about 2 weeks after my wedding and I havent been able to get a response back from Isabel about any of this. Won't return phone calls or emails - BEWARE of having your wedding here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jen G,

First and foremost, congratulations to you and your new husband!
I received your email to the Director of Catering in regards to your wedding, and I appreciate the time you took to outline your concerns thoughtfully and with detail.

I am saddened to hear of these unfortunate events surrounding your special day. As our team highly values attention to detail, we are carefully assessing the events of your wedding as well as reviewing planning procedures with the team members that you openly named in your review. We have looked into the missing items that you have listed and regretfully, have not yet found any information to share. Should we discover any of your belongings or learn of any details relating to the items, I ensure that you will be contacted directly.

On behalf of Viceroy Miami, I extend heartfelt congratulations to you both as you embark on a new and exciting life together. I wish you the best for a wonderful future together.

Thank you for your feedback.

Warmest Regards,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!