“Nice, but far from SB!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Madrid, Spain
“Nice, but far from SB!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were at the hotel for 5 days and we really enjoyed our stay. Room is huge, decoration is as you see in photos, you may like it or not, but it is really well-cared and quite different. I loved having a coffee machine, which allowed us to have breakfast in room just buying something the night before. Bathroom was also huge with nice amenities, but shower temperature was impossible to keep warm. We had a balcony looking to brickwell, no good luck in that!
Pool is really nice and views are incredible.
The biggest drawback: whenever you want to go SB, cab costs $25 per way. Walking distance you can only go to 10th st area where you may find some restaurants and Bayside, little farther, but nicer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear GGZ,

Thank you for your review. I’ve made a note of the water temperature challenge that you had. I’ll review that with my engineering team. Next time, try one of our water view rooms. For the slight increase in rate, you get a wonderful view of either Biscayne Bay or the Miami River. It’s a completely different perspective.

Good point on the taxi costs to South Beach. I’ve recently implemented complimentary Mercedes sedan service during season which includes drop-offs to that area. Traveling in style…one of our many great offers here at Viceroy Miami.

I hope to see you back here soon!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel served its purpose of a weekend getaway stay cation. However, if I was visiting from out of state, there are so many other better options to choose from. Although they were in between chefs, the food and service were good. The rooms were nice and very accommodating. Gorgeous rooftop pool area. Nice views. Pass on the spa. Not overindulging and pampering like most hotel spa. It is more an amenity for the residents. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay :) .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear J R,

So disappointed to hear that you didn’t enjoy our spa. We normally get rave reviews. It’s not a typical spa experience though. Philippe Starke designed the venue with natural light in mind so guests get a full view of Miami from many of its vantage points. Next time, let me know in advance of your arrival and I’ll arrange for a treatment that is a little more personalized for you.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you're looking for one the best in the Miami downtown area - this is it!! Firstly, downtown Miami has changed over the past 10 years - usually quiet after 8pm - not anymore. So, the Viceroy is one of the hottest places simply for the location - right downtown - walking distance to anywhere - Brickell/Brickell Key/AA arena/Bayside - restaurants everywhere within walking distance. The entrance to the hotel is Unique with its giant stonehenge homage. Valet is fast and easy/lobby friendly and charming. The rooms elegant and upscale with a view to die for!! Plus, Club Fifty and the top floor is the place to be on Fri/Sat nites playing house.
Rooms will set you back no less than $300 -

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark D,

Thank you for the review! You are absolutely correct about downtown Miami. We’ve gone gangbusters in the last few years. There is so much to do in the Brickell area now. Mary Brickell Village is a small walk from the hotel and offers dozens of shops and restaurants. In addition, during season, Viceroy Miami offers complimentary Mercedes sedan services so that our guests can enjoy some of the other iconic areas in the city, like: Wynwood and South Beach.

FIFTY Ultra Lounge is THE hot spot if you are looking for a night out. It has all the entertainment value of the large Miami nightclubs but packaged in a smaller, more intimate lounge feel. Plus, the view is fifty stories above the city skyline.

Come back and see us! We need more of our guests telling our story!

PBG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Horrible service. Don't waste your time. If you're going to spend this kind of money go somewhere else. There are other hotels in Miami for the same value with better service and better location. No amenities. No customer service. Just a regret.

• Stayed March 2013
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Lauren T:

I’m sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us at Viceroy Miami. Unfortunately, I’m left with very little information regarding your challenges. I always like to see where we need to improve and focus our efforts. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to expound on your experience.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We came to Viceroy Miami with high expectations, having loved Viceroy Santa Monica and Viceroy Palm Springs... and I'm pleased to say that our expectations were met, if not exceeded. For me, the hotel is a 'Wearstler does a business hotel', being as it is in downtown Miami, and this was reinforced for me in the lobby. Some of the facilities seem to be shared with a larger residential complex, but we didn't find that a problem. For more, check out neilsonparc's hotel lust list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear neilsonparc:

Thank you so much, Neilson! I look forward to seeing the “hotel lust list”. I’m glad you had the chance to see our sister hotels in California. We have quite a lot going on within Viceroy Hotels and Resorts. Each one of our hotels as its own style and flavor which keeps our guests excited to try our new locations.

You definitely pegged us correctly, “Wearstler does a business hotel”. I’d like to think it’s the perfect mix of work and play here.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I read the reviews prior to booking my stay. I was a little apprehensive because many of the reviews stated that the valet service was poor and the hotel guest check-in attendants were unfriendly/unwelcoming. I am glad I ignored those reviews. I got a great Florida-resident discount rate for a suite and was very welcomed when I arrived, by both the valet and front-desk attendants. The young man that checked me in was very pleasant and told me about the hotel amenities, including the complimentary Mercedes Benz service (which I did not use). He also welcomed me as it was my first stay at the hotel and repeated about the great rate I received.
The suite was pretty cool. The decor a bit eclectic-Asian...probably not my taste but the size of the room (including 1.5 baths) was pretty amazing. The master bathroom was HUGE and the amenities really nice (bath products, fluffy towels, robes, slippers). I had a very big balcony (note to hotel: we guests would enjoy the balcony more if there were a few chairs/table out there!). Great stocked mini-bar---did not use and I wasn't charged for the coffee pods in the room. Nice to have utensils/dinnerware and microwave (note to hotel: you should put a few cloth or paper napkins in the kitchen area).
The only thing I thought about that wasn't good was the bed...something wrong with the mattress/boxspring as every little move..I mean little move, the bed made a horrible squeaking sound..made sleeping a bit difficult...maybe the hotel should invest in new mattresses/boxsprings.
I did not eat at the restaurants as I was there alone and for business. Maybe next time. I did take advantage of the fitness center. I had to walk over through the AMAZING infinity pool area...because it was a bit too chilly for me to lounge by the pool (many folks apparently didn't care about it only being in the 60's), I only just walked around that area. The fitness center is amazing...I wish I had the time too to visit the spa. The treadmill was overlooking the bay from the 15th floor...pretty spectacular!
I had absolutely no problem with the valet. They were friendly and quick to bring my car around and help with my bags...I can see if they are slower maybe on the weekends as this seemed to be a popular hotel!
I would definitely visit this hotel again if I could get the same FL resident rate as it was an excellent deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marie S:
It is great to hear thing went well with your stay. I appreciate you taking the leap and trying us out for your business trip. We’ve been steering our guests to the Mercedez program as much as we can as it really is THE way to get around town here.

I’ve noted your suggestions on the rooms and we’re working through ongoing improvements. I even have housekeeping going through a “squeaky bed” patrol. That is one of my pet peeves as well.

Your Florida Resident rate is open April through the summer. Come back and see us!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I met a gentleman by the name of Brian in New york recently that works for the Miami property. I believe his last name may start with a B as well. My boss couldn't stop talking about him after their meeting, and he wants him in New York!! Can someone have him transfer please to a New York hotel? Always a thrill when my boss is in a great mood...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Daren K:

Okay, this is one of the funnier ones I’ve read. Brian is one of sales managers here at Viceroy Miami. Besides providing a great experience to our leisure guests, we also provide services for visiting meetings and conferences.

You’re going to have to convince your boss to bring his meetings to Miami because I’m not letting Brian out of my sight! He is excellent and really does embody the service spirit of Viceroy.

If the general manager of Viceroy New York is reading this, don’t get any funny ideas. He’s not coming.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!