“Our Christmas treat at Viceroy Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Luton, United Kingdom
“Our Christmas treat at Viceroy Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I took my husband and 2 children to Orlando as a family christmas present to get away from normal christmas stress needed some sun. I wanted to stay somewhere for 2 nights which included breakfast and near to Miami so we could visit the beaches etc.So surfed the web and found booking .com and looked at the hotels in Miami The Viceroy looked like sheer luxury for a reasonable price. for a family of 4 $508 price include breakfast. When I rang the hotel directly the price was much higher over $600 + more for the same deal. It had everything I wanted included in the price. rooftop pools one of which was heated. There were spas, steam room, and excellent disability access to all areas.The family enjoyed the whole experience the children were allowed to enjoy the spa as they were 12 and 14yrs. age restricted for under 12 yrs There were lockers and towels also all the pampering things you might need i.e.. combs, razors,mouth wash,moisturiser,shampoo etc. plus there was a jug of water with slices of lemon to quench your thirst. $508 for a dream which became a reality. We payed a visit to south Miami beach and walked around admiring the Art Deco buildings it was 80 degrees on xmas day and had to do a little sunbathing as well. so the 2 days was just amazing. The service was excellent just like in the movies. We all spent time relaxing in the spa on chaise

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear remeaise:

It sounds like the perfect Christmas. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to say that my favorite thing to do is walk up to the pool deck with some of the children that have just checked-in. The looks of amazement on their faces after seeing that pool (the longest in the state of Florida) are really priceless.

I see you did some price shopping online before calling us directly. This is always a good idea. However, some of our best deals are right on our website. We try to keep our promotions updated on a regular basis and sometimes we run some great seasonal promotions. Our reservations team will also walk you through each of our specials when you call so you can find the price and room that works best for you.

I hope you return soon. I’ll have that chaise ready for you.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Wow, great boutique hotel, good location if you want to stay downtown.
Rooms were huge and bathroom spectacular. Only downside was we never got a bayside view, and the front of the hotel was a little noisy if you had balcony doors open.
The pool has to be one of the best I have ever seen. And heated too, so you can swim any time of the day, without freezing.
Parking a little expensive at 36 dollars a day, but I guess it's a premium for the location.
If you like minimalist hotels, this one is not for you. It is quite opulent in its decor, but tastefully furnished. Beds are fabulously comfortable.
I would definately recommend this hotel .

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Juliekass:

Thank you so much for your review. I’m glad that you had a chance to see Miami over the holidays. It really is spectacular. It sounds like your stay with us went well.

We should definitely look at placing you in one of our water view rooms for your next stay. The view is well worth the price. They offer great vantage points over Biscayne Bay and the Miami River.

I hope to see you back with us soon!

Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I spent a total of four nights at the Viceroy Miami just before Christmas. Those who expect to find five star quality here along the lines of Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons will be disappointed. Yet, at roughly half of what you’d pay at these other places, the Viceroy is very good value for money. HOTEL: Viceroy Miami is a small part of a much larger, three-tower condominium complex. The hotel occupies the lower 15 floors of the tower that overlooks, busy Brickell Ave. The lobby is surprisingly small for a downtown hotel. ROOMS: The rooms are large and well-equipped. The one bedroom suite I stayed in (x03) was terrific: one completely separate large bedroom with a very large ensuite bathroom, a living room with dining table/kitchenette and separate toilet/washroom. The design is contemporary and appealing, but furniture quality is perhaps a bit on the cheap side. This makes you wonder how things will look like in five years from now, but during my stay it was all in good condition and everything worked. The junior suite was also nicely designed and adequately sized. Neither of the suites had any furniture on the large balconies. Not that you would need it, given that the balconies overlook one of the busiest roads in Miami (even my “water view” suite overlooked the street, so don’t be fooled.) POOL: The pool area is fantastic. It is perched up high on the 15th floor in between the three towers. It has a wonderful view over Brickell Key, the port of Miami, and the Rickenbacker causeway. There is one pool of at least 250 ft and a smaller pool heated to Jacuzzi temperature. RESTAURANT: The restaurant, EOS, is nothing to write home about. It is okay, standard hotel stuff, but certainly not a “destination restaurant” as the Viceroy brochure hyperbole claims. SERVICE: Overall, service in the hotel was friendly and efficient. Not as polished as you would get at higher-tier places, but – again – you get what you pay for. The hotel charges something like $35 a night for valet parking with unlimited in/out privileges, which I thought was okay for downtown Miami. The valets are not the hotel’s, so you have to call an outside number to speak to the dispatcher to get your car brought up and in general the valet service is sub-standard and chaotic. Housekeeping tries hard, but doesn’t always manage to impress. On one occasion, there was still an empty bottle left standing on a table after cleaning, mini bar was not refilled during the entire stay, and requests can take a long time to get done. But, all in all, I can highly recommend this place for those who want to enjoy comfort and a bit of class, while keeping within a reasonable budget.

Room Tip: go for the one bedroom suite, but don't expect too much from the "water view". Yes, yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear lupo_mm:

Thank you for your review. Considering that you have reviews in twenty-five cities, I appreciate you taking the time to go through so much detail on your stay with us. I’ve addressed with my staff the smaller challenges that you experienced.

It sounds as though you found the value for which you were looking when you came to Viceroy Miami. I am glad to hear this. I do hope you can make the journey back from Brussels to see us again. Please call my reservations team in advance and we will see if we can find the perfect room for you.

MIAMI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just got back from celebrating my wife's b-day we spent one night at Viceroy all I have to say is that this place is fabulous! the staff is great the rooms are clean in short the place is perfect.
Better than most "boutique" hotels in Miami Beach

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear VLAD22:

Please tell your wife “happy belated birthday” for me. As long as we were “perfect” for you then that’s enough for me. I see that you are in Miami so please keep us in mind for your next short get-away. We have a great Florida resident discount for you. Hopefully we can celebrate your birthday here!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Viceroy is broken up into different sections:
-Floors 2-14 are the hotel
-Floor 15 is the restaurant, pool, spa
-Floor 16-49 are the residencies
-Floor 50 is the very loud nightclub

On the hotel website, you are given rates for both the hotel and the residencies. The residencies they can't sell to buyers, the hotel rents out and gives a discount for 1 week and 1 month stays. I was traveling for business and was going to be in Miami for 7 days. For me, it was cheaper to book the residencies than the hotel, so I booked a 1 bed/1 bath residence. Upon checkin they upgraded me for free to a 2bed/2bath residence, for no reason. The room was amazing. All white inside, 15ft ceilings, modern furniture, full kitchen with all the cookware, dishwasher, full double sided fridge, balcony, standup shower, soaking tub, etc. It was very nice and over the top. The master bedroom as a master bath inside it. The second, smaller bedroom you have to exit the bedroom and use the main bathroom.

Here's some advice:
-if you book a residency, make sure to request a lower floor to avoid the loud night club on the roof, I was on 28 and I could kind of hear the bass, but not enough to keep me up
-the residency weekly rate only gives you housecleaning 1 time during your stay, its $200/cleaning beyond your freebe
-Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights get VERY busy at the valet and at the elevators. If you use the "residences entrance" all the way at the end of the valet section, you can use a different set of elevators. It also gets much louder these nights as well.
-In room dining and EOS the restaurant are pretty good
-There's a main strip with lots of restaurants 4 blocks away and walkable
-South Beach is a close 15min drive
-There are 3 pools - a huge unheated main pool, a smaller heated pool and a reflecting pool that has chairs and is about 2 feet deep

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Travel2956:

This is quite a comprehensive review – down to the depth of out reflecting pool! Great advice all the way around for our viewers. I’m glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our residence product. A lot of our long-term travelers tend to overlook these. They really are the perfect answer if you are looking for lots of space to stretch out for that extended stay. I invite any of our perspective guests to visit the Viceroy Miami website as we have an excellent overview of each of our room types. You can get a great perspective of the room layouts as well as the design and décor.

Weekends here tend to be very busy this time of the year. This is something to consider if you are planning on coming or going in the evenings when FIFTY Ultra Lounge is open (Friday and Saturday nights). Your best option is to call us direct so we can give you the best advice on which accommodations would fit you based on your individual needs. My front desk and reservations staff have quite adept at offering the perfect option for your trip.

Thank you for your comments. This is really helpful for all that are reading.

Istanbul, Turquie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I travelled in a business trip, booked 3 nights, very welcoming staff... I had several special requests, that the management did satisfy. This is very nice of them. Iappreciated the restaurant and the smoking area outside. The pool is impressive, even if I didnt have time to get in. THere is a famous bar on the roof (the "Fifty"). When you are coming from the hotel, you are welcomed. I really recommend this hotel, excellent quality/price ratio.

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side are noosy, due to the road.
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear OzgurAsik:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Turkey is one of the most beautiful places on Earth! I’m quite honored that you would find our hotel to your liking. However, next time you will have to try the pool! It’s the longest infinity pool in the state of Florida. This time of year, is in high demand.

Your room tip is good as well. Many of our rooms face Brickell Avenue, which our guests enjoy for their views over the city. There is a lot of downtown action to see. If you are looking for a small piece of serenity then I can suggest one of our water view suites. These showcase both the Miami River and Biscayne Bay. The views are certainly worth the slight increase in rate. There is something magical about watching the cruise ships sailing out over the bay.

I hope to see your return to us in the future.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you want an incredible resort experience while staying within downtown Miami, this is definitely a good pick. I stayed in two different rooms here: one was a standard double room and the other was a suite. Both were incredible! I would say one word of caution is that the double room had an open-view shower, tub and sink. If you are sharing a room but still want your privacy while bathing, you might want to get a suite rather than a double. The room designs were beautiful and very modern and eclectic. I loved the long marble entry way in the double room! The suite was a full one 1-bedroom with a separate living room space and one and a half baths, like a full apartment! The pool was large (I believe there were multiple) and had a very happening daytime scene. I dined at one of the restaurants in the hotel for my birthday dinner, and had an fantastic meal. Just to inform you of the high quality of the hotel...Rihanna was staying there the same time I was.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if you want privacy while bathing because double rooms (at least some) have open air...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Brandon C:

Well, Brandon C, we always make sure we have a celebrity handy for our guests’ birthdays! (If only I were that good.) I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for your review on both of the room types you stayed in. I’ve received many comments about the bathrooms in some of our units and I am pleased to confirm that we are installing privacy screens in the coming week For guests that are thinking of joining us in the future, please feel free to contact us directly (either through reservations or the front desk) and we can review all of our room types with you to determine which accommodation best fits your needs. I want to make sure that each of our guests has the perfect Viceroy Miami experience.

Happy Belated Birthday! Now start thinking of a good excuse to escape Detroit and come back to see us. That pool will be waiting for you!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!