“Viceroy Miami rocks!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dalton, Georgia
“Viceroy Miami rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love beautiful design and this hotel sure has it! Our room was spacious and amazing with everything we needed. Delicious coffee, great linens, and a large bathroom with a soaking tub.
We ate breakfast at the Eros in the hotel every morning before heading out for the day and it was delicious. We enjoyed talking with Manny (staff) every morning. Very nice. Lobby staff was wonderful, always helpful. The spa is incredible and the pool area is perfect with an amazing view. Getting around Miami was very easy from the Viceroy, as cabs are always waiting at hotel for fares.

-0- complaints and will return.

Room Tip: Even though we were on the street side, we still were not bothered by noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Kellie S:

Manny was grinning ear-to-ear when I showed him your comment. Thank you for such kind words. I am so excited to hear that all went well during your stay with us this month. Indeed, Viceroy Miami is right in the center of the action in downtown.

Something to consider on your return – we now have a free trolley system that runs through most of downtown. It’s a great way to get around without waiting on a taxi. Come try it out with me the next time you head to Miami!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked through homeaway which owners of condo's and homes put their place up for rent. I was in Miami for a wedding and wanted to stay in a condo unit with friends instead of ind. hotel rooms. It was a very affordable solution at an amazing property.The Viceroy residence was amazing, 2 bedroom, 2 bath with modern kitchen and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay.Plus, you could walk out into the the balconies...as added a bonus overlooking the the amazing pool. Plus you can see some of the yatchs and passenger ships in a short distance. The amenities at the viceroy are great. The pool is neverending, get out early to grab a good spot, helpful staff is there to accomodate with towels and waitress service. the pool food and drinks are highly recommended. We ate the EOS restaurant and went back another night for precocktails before heading out. We tested out the dance floor at the fifty night club..a mixed crowd of fun party reverlers. We were there over the Halloween weekend so the staff was dressed up as well as some guests. It's def. a place of luxury and I felt welcomed by all that i came in contact with. The guys said the gym was great and would visit again. If you like to run outside, there is a path that seemed visited by alot of other runners. Didn't have a chance to hit the spa, but heard it was very nice. Also, the Vicceroy is close enough to walk to some great restaurants and shops nearby.Our age group, 30-45 from the Jersey SHore area....the prices are what you can expect when visiting a luxury environment. A would visit again at the Viceroy without a doubt.

Room Tip: The side by the pool -you can people watch from the balcony. (however, the pool does play music whic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DakotaNJ:

So you saw FIFTY Ultra Lounge in all its glory over Halloween. Now that makes for a fun evening. Nothing is more entertaining than walking into a staff meeting and seeing my club manager dressed as Batman.

I am really glad that you made it to our restaurant EOS on a couple of occasions. We’re doing some exciting projects there. I’ve hired a new chef that has brought with him some great creativity from his experiences in California. Currently, he’s working on new “Mi-Cal” fusion menus that blends California light fare with some more traditional Latin American influences that one would see here in Miami. This is definitely going to be a hit!

Thank you for all of the kind words about the hotel’s amenities, room product and service. I really appreciate your review and hope that you return so we can impress you again.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed in a few hotels in Miami and this is my favourite yet!
The location is great & the room is large and spacious!
I cannot fault the staff, they were always so friendly and helpful.
I now reccomend this to all of my friends and me and my partner will be back to visit again in 2013!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen F:

You are now our official spokeswoman in Liverpool! Thank you for your review. Let us know in advance when you think you will return in 2013. Perhaps we can look at some dates with you. Miami has some amazing citywide festivals throughout the year: great tennis tournaments, sailing regattas, international art events, music conferences, fashion weeks and much more. I bet we can find the perfect time for you to come back.

I look forward to seeing you here again.

Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Overall, when you consider the first class quality of the room and the amenities, the size of the room, the location and the impeccable service, this hotel is the best stay we've had in Miami! We have a family of size with older children and we come down often to visit the U with our son who is a football recruit. We've stayed at the Ritz and the Biltmore and this place is so much nicer. Everything is new, classy and trendy,from the marble floors to the desk. This hotel offered us an upgrade for one of our rooms to a one bedroom suite, which was like a mini condo with a huge balcony overlooking the city. The only thing I missed were chairs to sit out there and enjoy the view. The products they supplied in the bathroom were awesome, wanted to take them with us! The service was incredible, they brought us ice when we needed it and never missed a step. There is a very trendy bat at the top of this hotel called Fifty and although it didn't seem to be our cup of tea, it would be a good reason to stay here for those who enjoy the classy club scene. The pool area was absolutely incredible, with a level of beds overlooking the water with the most incredible views! We will definitely stay here again on our next trip!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear LynnGibb:

What a great review! Thank you for your feedback. I think that both of the competing hotels you mentioned are beautiful and quite classy. However, I personally like Viceroy Miami because it is so unique. We have put a lot of effort into the design feel of the hotel. As you saw yourself, it really does exude a stylish ambience that is rare for a downtown destination.

It is good to hear that you opted for the one-bedroom suite. We have recently included fold-out sofas in all of our one-bedrooms for our families that visit. I’m glad that it fits the bill for you.

Clearwater is not that far away. Pick another good weekend and come see us again. We have a great Florida Resident promotion that makes those “quick weekends away” that much easier.

See you soon, I hope!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was only here for one night, arriving late at night on a business trip, and leaving first thing in the morning. On my arrival, following a dreadful journey and lost luggage, the desk staff upgraded me to a one bedroom suite, as lots of guests hadn't showed due to snow in NY. I travel a lot, but this was so lovely I took photos of the rooms and bed. The bathroom was magnificent with lovely toiletries - the mini bar booze was quite expensive - $36 for half bottle of average wine, but the cheesy popcorn at $4 made up for it. The breakfast menu was lovely and the view amazing. Can't say much about the location as I was working, but a lovely memory and would stay again, given the chance - if I could afford it.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear spml13:

I wished you could have stayed longer too! Well, we at least had the honor of your patronage for one evening. I am so sorry to hear about your travel challenges but glad to hear that my staff could make things easier on you once you arrived.

It sounds like you may have been in search of that glass of wine to help unwind from the trip. I only wish I could have steered you toward EOS. Our restaurant has a great wine list and the pricing is reasonable for downtown. Next time, please stay awhile so you can see all that Miami has to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are in Miami and want to have fun or stay close to the financial area, this is one of the best hotels in town. Great Spa, Great Restaurants, excelent service and the best is very close to the great area of good restaurants in Miami.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Bay View or to the river, not to the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sebastian U:

You give readers a great tip. All of our rooms have beautiful appointments but we can really fit the view to your mood. Viceroy Miami’s standard rooms face Brickell Avenue so our guests see the action of the city. During the holidays, it’s really quite a sight with all of the lights! However, if you are looking for some tranquil scenery then we also offer water view suites – all of which have great perspectives of either the Miami River or Biscayne Bay.

Thank you for your comments. I see that you are a senior contributor. I really appreciate your attention. Hopefully, I can thank you in person when you return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on fri 2nd nov for one night. We arrived at the hotel 9am in the morning as we were just of a cruise hoping to just leave are bags till room was ready, the young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful and told us she would have a room ready in 30 min, we went up to the 15th floor coffee area/pool area (free wifi in public areas not in rooms) and had a lovely cup of coffee(bit expensive up here), went downstairs and we were told we had been upgraded to a suite, our room was on the 4th floor and i have to say it is one of the most gorgeous suites we have ever stayed in with a great balcony and breathtaking views over river. Excellent bathroom, double mirrored doors in bathroom, double sink, bath, lovely shower, lots of mirrors, bit dim lighting. There was plenty of space, enough to actually live in here. Plus the most amazing and comfy 4 poster bed i have ever slept in. the decor was beautiful and very very stylish. We used the gym which had a good mix of weights and cardio machines which overlook miami. We Spent a lovely morning by the 70meter pool with huge double sun beds overlooking miami- Very chilled out! The staff were very helpful, drawing us maps, giving us directions, tips on where to eat etc.will definitely stay here again

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas W:

I am so glad we could accommodate your early check-in. We have quite a lot of cruise guests looking for that perfect spot to either start their vacation or to end it on an exceptionally high note. Viceroy Miami is just minutes from the Port of Miami so our location is really convenient. It is wonderful to hear all went well with your stay. I have already shared your comments with my staff – all of which seem to remember you!

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!