“THE BEST stay in Miami!” 5 of 5 stars

Mojitos
Ranked #14 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clearwater, FL
“THE BEST stay in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Overall, when you consider the first class quality of the room and the amenities, the size of the room, the location and the impeccable service, this hotel is the best stay we've had in Miami! We have a family of size with older children and we come down often to visit the U with our son who is a football recruit. We've stayed at the Ritz and the Biltmore and this place is so much nicer. Everything is new, classy and trendy,from the marble floors to the desk. This hotel offered us an upgrade for one of our rooms to a one bedroom suite, which was like a mini condo with a huge balcony overlooking the city. The only thing I missed were chairs to sit out there and enjoy the view. The products they supplied in the bathroom were awesome, wanted to take them with us! The service was incredible, they brought us ice when we needed it and never missed a step. There is a very trendy bat at the top of this hotel called Fifty and although it didn't seem to be our cup of tea, it would be a good reason to stay here for those who enjoy the classy club scene. The pool area was absolutely incredible, with a level of beds overlooking the water with the most incredible views! We will definitely stay here again on our next trip!

• Stayed November 2012
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear LynnGibb:

What a great review! Thank you for your feedback. I think that both of the competing hotels you mentioned are beautiful and quite classy. However, I personally like Viceroy Miami because it is so unique. We have put a lot of effort into the design feel of the hotel. As you saw yourself, it really does exude a stylish ambience that is rare for a downtown destination.

It is good to hear that you opted for the one-bedroom suite. We have recently included fold-out sofas in all of our one-bedrooms for our families that visit. I’m glad that it fits the bill for you.

Clearwater is not that far away. Pick another good weekend and come see us again. We have a great Florida Resident promotion that makes those “quick weekends away” that much easier.

See you soon, I hope!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was only here for one night, arriving late at night on a business trip, and leaving first thing in the morning. On my arrival, following a dreadful journey and lost luggage, the desk staff upgraded me to a one bedroom suite, as lots of guests hadn't showed due to snow in NY. I travel a lot, but this was so lovely I took photos of the rooms and bed. The bathroom was magnificent with lovely toiletries - the mini bar booze was quite expensive - $36 for half bottle of average wine, but the cheesy popcorn at $4 made up for it. The breakfast menu was lovely and the view amazing. Can't say much about the location as I was working, but a lovely memory and would stay again, given the chance - if I could afford it.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade :-)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear spml13:

I wished you could have stayed longer too! Well, we at least had the honor of your patronage for one evening. I am so sorry to hear about your travel challenges but glad to hear that my staff could make things easier on you once you arrived.

It sounds like you may have been in search of that glass of wine to help unwind from the trip. I only wish I could have steered you toward EOS. Our restaurant has a great wine list and the pricing is reasonable for downtown. Next time, please stay awhile so you can see all that Miami has to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are in Miami and want to have fun or stay close to the financial area, this is one of the best hotels in town. Great Spa, Great Restaurants, excelent service and the best is very close to the great area of good restaurants in Miami.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with Bay View or to the river, not to the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sebastian U:

You give readers a great tip. All of our rooms have beautiful appointments but we can really fit the view to your mood. Viceroy Miami’s standard rooms face Brickell Avenue so our guests see the action of the city. During the holidays, it’s really quite a sight with all of the lights! However, if you are looking for some tranquil scenery then we also offer water view suites – all of which have great perspectives of either the Miami River or Biscayne Bay.

Thank you for your comments. I see that you are a senior contributor. I really appreciate your attention. Hopefully, I can thank you in person when you return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on fri 2nd nov for one night. We arrived at the hotel 9am in the morning as we were just of a cruise hoping to just leave are bags till room was ready, the young lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful and told us she would have a room ready in 30 min, we went up to the 15th floor coffee area/pool area (free wifi in public areas not in rooms) and had a lovely cup of coffee(bit expensive up here), went downstairs and we were told we had been upgraded to a suite, our room was on the 4th floor and i have to say it is one of the most gorgeous suites we have ever stayed in with a great balcony and breathtaking views over river. Excellent bathroom, double mirrored doors in bathroom, double sink, bath, lovely shower, lots of mirrors, bit dim lighting. There was plenty of space, enough to actually live in here. Plus the most amazing and comfy 4 poster bed i have ever slept in. the decor was beautiful and very very stylish. We used the gym which had a good mix of weights and cardio machines which overlook miami. We Spent a lovely morning by the 70meter pool with huge double sun beds overlooking miami- Very chilled out! The staff were very helpful, drawing us maps, giving us directions, tips on where to eat etc.will definitely stay here again

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas W:

I am so glad we could accommodate your early check-in. We have quite a lot of cruise guests looking for that perfect spot to either start their vacation or to end it on an exceptionally high note. Viceroy Miami is just minutes from the Port of Miami so our location is really convenient. It is wonderful to hear all went well with your stay. I have already shared your comments with my staff – all of which seem to remember you!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything worked out very well for us at the Viceroy Miami - absolutely no issues. The room was a nice size and the bathroom even better. The bathroom amenities were top quality and we found everyone that we engaged with to be very helpful. Our room and all the public areas were clean and decorated very nicely. Some have said the decor is over the top, but we found it trendy yet understated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kalypso333:

“Trendy yet understated”…I wish I could be accused of that. You are definitely correct though. Viceroy Miami is one of the most stylish hotels I have had the pleasure of running. We get a lot of comments on the décor. It is a unique departure from that average city hotel stay. I am so glad all went well for you two.

Please call us if you want to escape ski season in Utah later this year. We would love to have you and the pool is waiting!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Beautiful rooms. Zen feel in the middle of Brickell Miami. Great Service. Great location. Large bathrooms. Did eat outside so cannot comment on restaurants. Great club on 50th floor for the younger crowd. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear emka11:

I love “Zen feel in the middle of Brickell Miami”. I’ve given that line to my marketing director. There is no telling where he will take that one!

It is good to hear that you made it to FIFTY. We just rebranded the venue as one of the city’s premiere ultra lounges. In all of my travels, I have yet to see a lounge rival the views that it commands from the top of the building. You can literally dance under the stars and over the city lights all at once. We have quite a line-up of entertainers this season. You can make it back down here from Boca Raton in an hour without traffic.

We’ll be waiting!

Miami and Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We`ve stayed here for our first time in November 2012. But we have stayed many times in Miami and Miami Hotels before. ( 4 and 5 stars hotels). The hotel is "okay" but i am sure we would not book it again. Reasons:

1) Hotel blockes 150$ per night as a deposit ( for example using Valet, eating at Restaurant, Room Service,...) to your credit card. That means 10 days at the hotel = 1500$ blocked on Credit Card. Wow - do i have to eat at Mc Donalds during my vacation in Miami to afford the big deposit??? I think that is much too much! By the way: I haven`t used the Valet, i wasn`t eating at the restaurant,....

2) Valet is 40$ ( incl. Tip) per night. So we decided to look for another cheaper possibility to park the car. 40 $!!!

3) The Internet is 9.95$ for 24 hours. That`s the WLAN fee. There is also LAN available but i dont know if it is same price or higher. We used WLAN and it was a VERY bad connection. Connection broke up every few minutes sometimes. I was not able to watch a movie.

4) Room service charges 20% Tip plus an additional 4$ Delivery Fee.

5) Tiles in the shower are very slippery when wet. You really have to be careful! Same problem is with the tiles around the huge pool. They are horribly slippery too when wet. I almost fell down!

6) I used the gym twice ( which is really nice). But needs more A/C. It was very warm inside the gym when i came ( maybe because of the huge glass windows).

7) On our balcony ( and all others) were no chairs to sit down to enjoy the view on Brickell Avenue with a glass of wine or a book in privacy.

8) Room has a huge bathroom but only a shower. No Bathtub.

9) Food at Restaurant is quiet expensive ( Pasta Bolognese 18$!)

PRO:
You can walk to Mary Brickell Village with lots of Bars and Restaurants in a few minutes or use Metromover for the 2 Stations.
You are also close to Bayside Marketplace
Very nice pool
Nice view from room of Brickell Avenue und amazing view from pool deck

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear StoneCrabLover:

I really appreciate your review. You hit quite a few points. My background is one of luxury hotels and resorts so I do understand that pricing always plays a factor in the overall guest experience. However, I have made it a personal mission to bring value to the forefront here at Viceroy Miami. Downtown Miami has many “luxury” hotels, and I have inspected all of them. I always ask myself, “What am I actually paying for?” If I cannot answer that question by the time I have left then I know that the value simply isn’t there.

I want you to come back and compare some more. At least it would give us the opportunity to try and impress you. Just make sure that you let us know in advance. I want to make sure that our chef has stone crab on the menu for you!

Laurence Dubey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Coconut Grove
JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Conrad Miami
#8 of 113 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,276 reviews

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!