“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything worked out very well for us at the Viceroy Miami - absolutely no issues. The room was a nice size and the bathroom even better. The bathroom amenities were top quality and we found everyone that we engaged with to be very helpful. Our room and all the public areas were clean and decorated very nicely. Some have said the decor is over the top, but we found it trendy yet understated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear kalypso333:

“Trendy yet understated”…I wish I could be accused of that. You are definitely correct though. Viceroy Miami is one of the most stylish hotels I have had the pleasure of running. We get a lot of comments on the décor. It is a unique departure from that average city hotel stay. I am so glad all went well for you two.

Please call us if you want to escape ski season in Utah later this year. We would love to have you and the pool is waiting!

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Turkish first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Beautiful rooms. Zen feel in the middle of Brickell Miami. Great Service. Great location. Large bathrooms. Did eat outside so cannot comment on restaurants. Great club on 50th floor for the younger crowd. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear emka11:

I love “Zen feel in the middle of Brickell Miami”. I’ve given that line to my marketing director. There is no telling where he will take that one!

It is good to hear that you made it to FIFTY. We just rebranded the venue as one of the city’s premiere ultra lounges. In all of my travels, I have yet to see a lounge rival the views that it commands from the top of the building. You can literally dance under the stars and over the city lights all at once. We have quite a line-up of entertainers this season. You can make it back down here from Boca Raton in an hour without traffic.

We’ll be waiting!

Miami and Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We`ve stayed here for our first time in November 2012. But we have stayed many times in Miami and Miami Hotels before. ( 4 and 5 stars hotels). The hotel is "okay" but i am sure we would not book it again. Reasons:

1) Hotel blockes 150$ per night as a deposit ( for example using Valet, eating at Restaurant, Room Service,...) to your credit card. That means 10 days at the hotel = 1500$ blocked on Credit Card. Wow - do i have to eat at Mc Donalds during my vacation in Miami to afford the big deposit??? I think that is much too much! By the way: I haven`t used the Valet, i wasn`t eating at the restaurant,....

2) Valet is 40$ ( incl. Tip) per night. So we decided to look for another cheaper possibility to park the car. 40 $!!!

3) The Internet is 9.95$ for 24 hours. That`s the WLAN fee. There is also LAN available but i dont know if it is same price or higher. We used WLAN and it was a VERY bad connection. Connection broke up every few minutes sometimes. I was not able to watch a movie.

4) Room service charges 20% Tip plus an additional 4$ Delivery Fee.

5) Tiles in the shower are very slippery when wet. You really have to be careful! Same problem is with the tiles around the huge pool. They are horribly slippery too when wet. I almost fell down!

6) I used the gym twice ( which is really nice). But needs more A/C. It was very warm inside the gym when i came ( maybe because of the huge glass windows).

7) On our balcony ( and all others) were no chairs to sit down to enjoy the view on Brickell Avenue with a glass of wine or a book in privacy.

8) Room has a huge bathroom but only a shower. No Bathtub.

9) Food at Restaurant is quiet expensive ( Pasta Bolognese 18$!)

PRO:
You can walk to Mary Brickell Village with lots of Bars and Restaurants in a few minutes or use Metromover for the 2 Stations.
You are also close to Bayside Marketplace
Very nice pool
Nice view from room of Brickell Avenue und amazing view from pool deck

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear StoneCrabLover:

I really appreciate your review. You hit quite a few points. My background is one of luxury hotels and resorts so I do understand that pricing always plays a factor in the overall guest experience. However, I have made it a personal mission to bring value to the forefront here at Viceroy Miami. Downtown Miami has many “luxury” hotels, and I have inspected all of them. I always ask myself, “What am I actually paying for?” If I cannot answer that question by the time I have left then I know that the value simply isn’t there.

I want you to come back and compare some more. At least it would give us the opportunity to try and impress you. Just make sure that you let us know in advance. I want to make sure that our chef has stone crab on the menu for you!

mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

First the good things 1) the room is large and spacious 2) the bathrooms are phenomenally large 3) the location is great 4) the furniture is unusual but i kind of got used to it

Things hey could improve 1) i had free internet included and it was not communicated as a result of which i had to pay for the internet 2) i had free continental breakfast included and when i checked at the counter they said the restaurant would know the kind of breakfast to give me. This caused considerable issues at checkout time as i was effectively charged for all the breakfasts. It turns out the restaurant has no coordination with the front desk. 3) there are no newspapers which is kind of unforgivable for a 5 star hotel

Fortunately the front desk was kind enough to adjust some of the charges during checkout, but the checkout experience was kind of bitter. That was unfortunate because the rest of the stay was great.

Stayed November 2012
Dear ShashiRaghunan:

Thank you for your feedback. I am looking into the package that you were on to see exactly where we would have missed the communication. I will get this resolved quickly so that our other international guests will not have the same challenges. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to light. So many of our guests depart without saying anything. What we don’t know, we can’t fix.

Please consider returning to Viceroy Miami. If you let me know in advance of your arrival, I will be sure to review your reservation and streamline your stay with us.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is situated in the financial location and offers excellent views over a beautiful city. Stylish throughout and our 1 bedroom suite was beautifully appointed. comfy beds, very quiet and large bathrooms with great shower !
fantastic large balconies.
Pool is huge and the largest jacuzzi I have ever seen. went in October and had the pool completely to ourselves. restaurant ffered great service and food. small but expected quibble is the price of drinks poolside.
Valet parking excellent ad porters were very helpful.
would definitely stay again !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear CasperUK:

Again, another wonderful review from our friends in the United Kingdom! Thank you so much for your kind words. It sounds like your stay with us was went extremely well. October is a great month to come to Miami. It is just before the start of our peak season. For us that live in Miami, October brings cooler breezes and the excitement of the winter months.

I am really glad to hear about our valet parking. They have been doing an excellent job lately. It can be quite a challenge to deliver great service on a hotel front drive as busy as ours. I will be sure to tell them of your comment.

Now, it is going to get cold in England this winter. That pool and Jacuzzi has your name on it. Come back and see us soon!

Bridgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We got a special rate which is taken into consideration in my comments. I would rate this a 4 star hotel (not sure of the official rating). Pluses are well maintained rooms with a location in the centre of the Brickell action. There are several good restaurants across from the hotel. The pool is very large and has a mature garden on the 9th floor.Staff are pleasant and welcoming. I did not like the fact that the bathroom is totally open to the bedroom, which was fine for me and my wife but if our son had to sleep over it would have been zero privacy as the shower is also glass doored. For anyone doing business in this area it is an ideal location. The lobby is tiny and the restaurant on the 9th floor is also quite small. Our breakfast was well done and service pleasant.
Valet parking, mandatory, is USD36 per night. Probably standard for this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear justinitforfun,

Thank you for your review. Four Stars? I’ll take that! I have had a lot of guest comments on the bathroom layout in some of our room categories. We are installing privacy screens very shortly so you will have to come back and see them.

Valet parking and its pricing can be a bit of a challenge in Miami. Ours run through a separately managed company. When you return, let us point out some great excursions. If you have to take a car, we can set you in the right direction!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I develop and own hotels so I may be a bit overcritical, but the front desk is woefully understaffed. My check in took ages and every time I passed the desk there was a line. Also, the front desk staff should be retrained in hospitality as few of them smiled and they really weren't very helpful at all. I called the front desk and asked about the steam and sauna and when I ventured all the way down, found out that they were out of service. They could have informed me and saved me a trip. My travelling companions had the same observations about the staff. They tried to call the front desk a few times and no one would answer at all.

Pool and the gym in this hotel are absolutely world class.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear psaran,

You are not being overcritical. On the contrary, I really appreciate someone of your experience and background taking the time to write a review. I’m not sure what happened at the front desk but I have scheduled some time with the team to discuss this. I do remember the dates that you were with us so I will see if there were any extenuating circumstances of which I might not have been aware.

I noticed that you are from New York City. We have all been thinking of our customers in the area there. I do hope you, your family and your hotels faired okay during the storm.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!