We`ve stayed here for our first time in November 2012. But we have stayed many times in Miami and Miami Hotels before. ( 4 and 5 stars hotels). The hotel is "okay" but i am sure we would not book it again. Reasons:
1) Hotel blockes 150$ per night as a deposit ( for example using Valet, eating at Restaurant, Room Service,...) to your credit card. That means 10 days at the hotel = 1500$ blocked on Credit Card. Wow - do i have to eat at Mc Donalds during my vacation in Miami to afford the big deposit??? I think that is much too much! By the way: I haven`t used the Valet, i wasn`t eating at the restaurant,....
2) Valet is 40$ ( incl. Tip) per night. So we decided to look for another cheaper possibility to park the car. 40 $!!!
3) The Internet is 9.95$ for 24 hours. That`s the WLAN fee. There is also LAN available but i dont know if it is same price or higher. We used WLAN and it was a VERY bad connection. Connection broke up every few minutes sometimes. I was not able to watch a movie.
4) Room service charges 20% Tip plus an additional 4$ Delivery Fee.
5) Tiles in the shower are very slippery when wet. You really have to be careful! Same problem is with the tiles around the huge pool. They are horribly slippery too when wet. I almost fell down!
6) I used the gym twice ( which is really nice). But needs more A/C. It was very warm inside the gym when i came ( maybe because of the huge glass windows).
7) On our balcony ( and all others) were no chairs to sit down to enjoy the view on Brickell Avenue with a glass of wine or a book in privacy.
8) Room has a huge bathroom but only a shower. No Bathtub.
9) Food at Restaurant is quiet expensive ( Pasta Bolognese 18$!)
You can walk to Mary Brickell Village with lots of Bars and Restaurants in a few minutes or use Metromover for the 2 Stations.
You are also close to Bayside Marketplace
Very nice pool
Nice view from room of Brickell Avenue und amazing view from pool deck
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Miami Hotel
- Viceroy Miami Hotel Miami
- Viceroy Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Viceroy Miami blends timeless East Asian accents, international service standards and Miami's own rich ambience to create an unparalleled resort destination in Brickell, Miami's Wall Street of the Americas.Created for discerning globetrotters,this luxury resort in Miami offers 148 residentially appointed guestrooms, suites and one- and two-bedroom residences (which include fully equipped kitchenettes or full kitchens), custom-designed Sferra linens and more non-negotiable indulgences for a truly exceptional Miami resort experience.From cocktails and small plates served poolside on the 50th floor, to the chef's tasting menu at the signature restaurant and terrace overlooking the pool deck, to round-the-clock guestroom dining, Viceroy Miami satisfies every culinary craving.Located at the northern gateway to Brickell Avenue, Viceroy Miami is ideally situated to cater to the business elite. This Miami boutique hotel is also centrally located near the city's many distinctive neighborhoods, cultural institutions, sporting venues and area attractions.Within Icon Brickell, the hotel stands steps from the 28,000-square-foot spa and fitness center, 300-foot infinity pool on Biscayne Bay, poolside bar and fireplace, and life-size chess set. Perched atop the 50th floor of Viceroy Miami, FIFTY offers the city's most exclusive lounge, while the private pool deck with bar offers dramatic skyline views unequalled in Miami.At Viceroy Miami, set the stage bayside and park-side for a business meeting, press event, photo shoot, sales presentation, conference or product launch. Versatile function spaces — ranging from traditional meeting rooms to the signature restaurant, rooftop lounge, and The Viceroy Spa Miami—make Viceroy Miami an ideal location for any gathering or meeting.The hotel also offers comprehensive catering services for every event from weddings to bar mitzvahs - including innovative culinary concepts and event planners that can assist you with all your event needs from décor, design, audio/visual or media. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Viceroy Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.