“fantastic location and very stylish” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #25 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“fantastic location and very stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is situated in the financial location and offers excellent views over a beautiful city. Stylish throughout and our 1 bedroom suite was beautifully appointed. comfy beds, very quiet and large bathrooms with great shower !
fantastic large balconies.
Pool is huge and the largest jacuzzi I have ever seen. went in October and had the pool completely to ourselves. restaurant ffered great service and food. small but expected quibble is the price of drinks poolside.
Valet parking excellent ad porters were very helpful.
would definitely stay again !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear CasperUK:

Again, another wonderful review from our friends in the United Kingdom! Thank you so much for your kind words. It sounds like your stay with us was went extremely well. October is a great month to come to Miami. It is just before the start of our peak season. For us that live in Miami, October brings cooler breezes and the excitement of the winter months.

I am really glad to hear about our valet parking. They have been doing an excellent job lately. It can be quite a challenge to deliver great service on a hotel front drive as busy as ours. I will be sure to tell them of your comment.

Now, it is going to get cold in England this winter. That pool and Jacuzzi has your name on it. Come back and see us soon!

838 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Turkish first
Bridgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We got a special rate which is taken into consideration in my comments. I would rate this a 4 star hotel (not sure of the official rating). Pluses are well maintained rooms with a location in the centre of the Brickell action. There are several good restaurants across from the hotel. The pool is very large and has a mature garden on the 9th floor.Staff are pleasant and welcoming. I did not like the fact that the bathroom is totally open to the bedroom, which was fine for me and my wife but if our son had to sleep over it would have been zero privacy as the shower is also glass doored. For anyone doing business in this area it is an ideal location. The lobby is tiny and the restaurant on the 9th floor is also quite small. Our breakfast was well done and service pleasant.
Valet parking, mandatory, is USD36 per night. Probably standard for this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear justinitforfun,

Thank you for your review. Four Stars? I’ll take that! I have had a lot of guest comments on the bathroom layout in some of our room categories. We are installing privacy screens very shortly so you will have to come back and see them.

Valet parking and its pricing can be a bit of a challenge in Miami. Ours run through a separately managed company. When you return, let us point out some great excursions. If you have to take a car, we can set you in the right direction!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I develop and own hotels so I may be a bit overcritical, but the front desk is woefully understaffed. My check in took ages and every time I passed the desk there was a line. Also, the front desk staff should be retrained in hospitality as few of them smiled and they really weren't very helpful at all. I called the front desk and asked about the steam and sauna and when I ventured all the way down, found out that they were out of service. They could have informed me and saved me a trip. My travelling companions had the same observations about the staff. They tried to call the front desk a few times and no one would answer at all.

Pool and the gym in this hotel are absolutely world class.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear psaran,

You are not being overcritical. On the contrary, I really appreciate someone of your experience and background taking the time to write a review. I’m not sure what happened at the front desk but I have scheduled some time with the team to discuss this. I do remember the dates that you were with us so I will see if there were any extenuating circumstances of which I might not have been aware.

I noticed that you are from New York City. We have all been thinking of our customers in the area there. I do hope you, your family and your hotels faired okay during the storm.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I too was a guest in the hotel on the morning of the infamous water outage. It's true that without water service there is certainly a challenge for both guests and staff. However, I must say that I have a different perspective than most who have written previous reviews. There is absolutely nothing differently that the hotel team could have done to prevent this outage and, as evidenced by their quick response and dutiful attention to resolving the issue as quickly as possible, I commend the team for grace under pressure.

This is a one in a million happenstance that I'm sure will never be repeated again. I for one will be back. This is a great property that is well run and in the absolute best location in Miami.

Commendation to Ms Dubey and team.

R Kennedy.

Room Tip: All are good but for more room pick a one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear R Kennedy,

I really appreciate the kind words. I also understand some of the other responses that we received about the water main break. Our customers pay good money to have a Viceroy experience. It is always a little discouraging to see people disappointed over something we just cannot control.

However, your review really made me smile. You have a friend here in Miami. Hope to see you back our way again very soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The decor varies between cool and mildly weird, but that's just Miami. What is very cool about this hotel is the pool with a great view of the city and waterways. Outstanding workout facility too. Another nice find is a local restaurant within walking distance that has some of the best chicken of any restaurant (spicy cuban seasoning). Small place that you would never guess is that good, just a block or two away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ATL RES 2012,

Your comment about the décor had me laughing! Well, you are probably correct. We keep things whimsical at Viceroy Miami. No conventional corporate feel here!

I know the restaurant you are referring to and it is fantastic. We are stepping up our game here as well. I have hired a new executive chef who brings with him some great creativity – I just tested some items of his new menu last week and I cannot wait for us to share with all of our guests - avocado risotto will be a must try!. If you get the opportunity to return then come dine at EOS. I think you’ll enjoy the new menu.

Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights at the Viceroy. The hotel is located downtown (not by the beach), and you'll find some cool restaurants and nightclubs nearby. The room itself was up to my expectations: comfortable, well decorated and with a view (room on the bay side). Overall I think this property offers a good product and great value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear 351pete,

I love reading “great value for the money”. It appears that we are doing our jobs here! Thank you for the review. Considering you came all the way from Portugal to stay with us, I am extremely honored. I hope that you plan a return trip soon although you have so many beautiful vacation spots within your own country – I am personally partial to the Algarve.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Compared to The Ritz, or any other 'old school' type of hotel...of course The Viceroy is a very different experience in some ways, and similar in others.
Similar: Service oriented, beautifully appointed, luxury amenities.
different: Very young vibe and more 'casual', though still luxury service. More casual food and appointments although still fine.
I found the food VERY lacking. I had suoer greasy and 'bar' food calamari...when there a thousand better ways to do it... and in that type of hotel they should have.
The SPA is out of this world. GORGEOUS, though trendy on it 's design...it is still a high "WOW".
The rooms are stunning. Absolutely way above par. My complaint was street side...not the view/bay side and as is usual...and SHOULDN'T be...really low lighting in the bathroom..where.."YES" girls pluck their eyebrows and put on makeup! It was so dark I was getting mascara into my eyebrows!( That's an exaggeration:)

Room Tip: BAY side...for sure ... which has stunning views to Key Biscayne.everything else is perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear konstantinamahlia,

Thank you for your review…as well as comparing us to another well-known hotel company that I personally know very well as I had the pleasure of working there for a decade before joining Viceroy. They have some fabulous products too! Viceroy Miami is indeed different, and in my mind, very special, while not always for everyone. You summed it up pretty well.

We are actually in the process of enhancing our menus so please come back to EOS in a couple of months. I think you will be impressed. Our new chef is currently training all cooks on his new menu to make sure that we offer consistent great food for our guests. Next time, I will recommend that we offer you a water view room. They have great vantage points over the Miami River or Biscayne Bay.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!