“Amazing” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice location, great King Deluxe rooms, amazing pool and Spa. Didn't try the restaurant.
Couldn't try the Club 50 either as is only open Thursday to Sataturday. Perfect location and very safe. Amazing views very clean and great Spa

Room Tip: Big pool and amazing views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Mee F,

Thank you for your comments. Next time, please join us on a weekend and experience the NEW club…now called FIFTY Ultra Lounge. It’s one of the most unique nightlife venues in all of Miami. Fifty floors above the city skyline, it’s views are simply dazzling.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here with a friend while on her business trip (but it was my b-day!). Room was big, the giant bathroom was great! The pools are amazing - especially the endless pool. Just beautiful! Front desk was nice and helpful when asking for directions or places to eat.

Tough part was staying here over a weekend - downtown area is pretty much dead and can be scary. You have to drive/cab everywhere, even to the Mary Brickell area, which houses the nearest restaurants (like 3 -5 minutes away). Cabbing to South Beach was like $20 - 30 each way. On the first night, our cab driver took us through the scary part of town to get to the Gigi restaurant - almost thought I was gonna get mugged on the way over, so just be careful when leaving the hotel.

But when I come back to Miami, I would definitely stay here again. Liked being away from the South Beach craziness. Might rent a car next time to save on the cab fares.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Relaxing0923,

Allow me first of all to extend Happy Belated Birthday greetings to you. It warms my heart to know that our amazing accommodations and helpful front desk staff helped you to truly enjoy your stay.

The hotel amenities – specifically our infinity pool - are what set us apart from most hotels on the beach. We never have to worry about the usual crowded chaos as most guests encounter when on the beach.

I understand your concerns with the downtown, especially if you are not from the area. I actually live downtown, as do many of our colleagues. We can vouch for its safety. Brickell has grown into a very urban community with a long stretch of businesses, hotels and not to mention restaurants. I would suggest letting our team of concierges plot out your evening when you are here. We know all of the great hot spots and fun places to sightsee. If renting a car makes sense, then we can arrange that for you as well.

Come see us again for your next birthday!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I absolutely love this place. Selecting a hotel in a city like Miami can be a bit of a challenge, depending on what you are there for and what kind of environment you are looking for. I would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a boutique hotel experience and decent night-life, but out of the madness of South Beach.

The front desk staff is amazing at this hotel, and they certainly deliver true 5-star service, which is rare to find in the US in general and in Miami especially. A special thanks to Patricia and Rodrigo for always taking care of everything with such professionalism and finesse. I found the staff at the hotel very chic, but without any snobbish pretensiousness. They really made you feel welcome and helped take care of anything ranging from having ice sent to the room or changing large bills into smaller denominations. Nothing was too much trouble, and they kept a warm and genuine smile on their face.

A bit about the common areas: the lobby is absolutely gorgeous, despite being quite small. There is another small lobby servicing the entrance to the residences portion of the complex that is also stunning. The elevator lobbies are chic and modern. Typically, so much "design" does not work for my taste, but they really did a fantastic job. I found this to be one of the most stylish hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed at quite a few! Level 15, which has the pool, spa and restaurant are also chic, with designer touches throughout. Eos had great views of the bay, and the food was outstanding. Again, the look of the restaurant was highly stylized, but very well done. Although the pool area was crowded, the design of the area made it seem a bit more serene than I would have expected. I kind of expected to walk into "party central", but everyone seemed to be pretty well behaved, proving that you can have a good time without turning into Girls Gone Wild.

The room left me speechless. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite with water view, and I have to say, it is probably the most gorgeous room I have ever stayed in. I found the design to be modern, yet vintage, quirky, yet sophisticated. Simply put, everything about the design of the room (on paper) would be something I did not like, but put together the way that they did, it was stunning. My hat goes off to Kelly Wearstler for creating such a unique and soothing design. I am still at a loss to describe the style, but I would say that it is a mix of South Beach (through the pale blue sofa with white pillows), old-Hollywood glamour (the floor design and bathrooms), Asia (soothing bedroom retreat) and 1950's Rome (the dining table and chandelier). I enjoyed every minute in the room and have absolutely no complaints (other than that there should be furniture on the beautiful balcony). The amenities were lovely and the layout was fanstastic.

As for the location, I thought it was great. You are close to South Beach if you want, but you also have plenty to do in the area. The Miami Chophouse is right next to the Epic, and it offers a beautiful bay-side area for a nice meal and some drinks. The bartender there, Susan, is awesome and super friendly.

All-in-all, I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but I think it again boils down to your reasons for coming to Miami. If you are dead-set on being a beach bum during your vacation, I think it would make sense to go somewhere else. If you are looking for a romantic getaway, near the nightlife but not right in it, this is the place. Let yourself be spoiled and enjoy all the amenities that this property has to offer. But definitely get the one-bedroom suite. I think I might be disappointed with a smaller room, especially if it did not have a balcony.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge for the water view and the extra space the suite has to offer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DCTraveler1979,

This is one of the most well thought-out and comprehensive comments we have ever received from one of our guests! I’ve actually used your review a few times for other potential guests that are looking to stay with us for extended periods this winter.

I really appreciate your kind words. Please, please come back and see us. I would like to meet you personally to thank you.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed for a week during the Miami Swimshow. The main attractions for us were the rate and the immense and magnificent pool-deck, so we chose the Viceroy over our usual South Beach locations. Mostly positive; the room (street side) was absolutely fine, nice comfortable bed, big bathroom (tub & shower) and powerful A/C. Two minor issues; the TV channels seem to be the lowest package they can get away with, and the wi-fi is crawlingly slow and pretty expensive for such a poor service. BTW if you go to the pool deck, you can find free wi-fi quite easily.

Otherwise, the staff are very friendly, and the concierges are especially helpful and always got us a cab within 2 minutes. The pool deck is shared with the condominiums so the pool is full of kids in the afternoon, but on the other hand it is huge, so if you like laps this is your place! It gets sun all day and there's a decent coffee shop with ice creams and snacks.

Nearby facilities, Finnegans Irish Pub over the road is pretty good (but does not do breakfast), there's a great Breakfast Bagel joint just a bit further down that street (Day One Breakfast in the Hotel cost us $70 for two), and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, including a whole selection of the usual suspects at Mary Brickell Village. We also found a couple of decent waterside bar/bistro places within two or three blocks. Ask the reception staff, they know the cool places to eat and drink.

In summary, the Viceroy delivers OK as a business hotel, but if the beach matters to you, its a long ($25/25 minutes) taxi ride.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hypnotist.

It is true that our hotel is not located in south beach but we like to think that we bring a unique vibe to the downtown Brickell area. Our guests get the best of both worlds as they are only 25 minutes away from the beach.

We are making many wonderful advancements to the hotel. I do hope you try us again.

Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here 3 moths ago, because the rooms are very nice and the service is always good, but what i reserve and what i get was different. I has to speak to the day manager, and first he say that the room we reserve is not better that the one they give us, and after we see the room the downgrade us, for not reason. After we came down they change their story and toll us that the rooms that we reserve was still occupied and the people did not leave, that tomorrow they will change us. But we stayed 3 days and never change us, and we pays the same. At the end of our trip, we were toll that we will receive at credit, and 3 moths later nothing. We call the hotel and they tell me that they do not have any message about this.

Very bad service from the manager, and this proof in this hotel they do not care if they change your room and charge you the same. This will be the last time i stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stayed here, they do not warranty the rooms you book....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
It was unfortunate to read that you were not given the room that you reserved and the service received by one of our managers was disappointing. Rest assured I have shared your comments in great detail with my Front Office Managers and explained the importance of ensuring that all of our guests are completely satisfied.

I was delighted however to learn that our accommodations and service have always exceed your expectations. This is the level of service that we pride ourselves on at Viceroy Miami.
I trust that when you return once again, you will see a marked improvement. Thanks for your comments Cesario0.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here at the viceroy for 2 nights. As I am typing we are sitting on the 15th floor at their restaurant EOS looking at a beautiful view of the water. The oversized stretched pool had an amazing view of the bay from the balcony. The valet was ticketed at $36 a night, only complaint is that they stalled my car 2x. other than that the stay was excellent and I would
recommend the viceroy to anyone considering it as an option. All of the staff is friendly as well.

Dear Guest,

It is interesting to hear about the valet experience. I’m not a valet parker but pride myself in being able to properly operate a manual drive. Maybe I should show these gentlemen a thing or two. I’ve already addressed with our valet company.

I am so glad that your stay with us was all you hoped. Thank you for your kind words. Please come back and see us soon. Our new restaurant terrace will be done soon and the views are better than ever!

Playa del Carmen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

being in the hotel business means unconciously being very critical most of the times, when it comes to staying in hotels that are not yours. Visiting a property that fullfills all your traveller's needs and gives you more than what is expected is a real pleasure! My praise for the professionalism of the staff, the quality and design of the rooms, the wi-fi reception, the space, the comfy bed, the amenities, facilities, and for the incredible pool that I enjoyed every single morning before anyone else did. it is going to be the first of a long series of visits. Thank you all for having made my stay a very memorable moment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear XperienceHotels,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It really warms my heart to know that we have thoroughly exceeded all of your expectations. This has always been our main goal. The fact that we can impress a fellow hotelier is that much more gratifying.

Please come back and see us.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!