“I want to live here.......” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Bliss
Ranked #20 of 131 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“I want to live here.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We arrived at about 11am and the staff went out of there way to make us feel welcome even though our room wasn't ready yet. We were advised to wait in the restaurant or pool side cafe whilst we waited and the reception offered to notify us when the room was ready. This gave us our first glimpse of the exceptional facilities on offer, the pools area on the 15th floor roof area is simply breathtaking. Our 'room' was ready about 90mins later but when I say room I probably should say apartment - We had booked a 'one bedroom suite' and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, some hotel chains think that by sticking a sofa in the corner of a hotel room they can get away with adding the name suite into the room descriptor. Also I had booked and paid for this booking using Avios points (formally known as BA Miles) so I didn't have a realistic monetary value of what to expect of the room.

The suite felt enormous, and was a true suite with a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms, long hallway, lounge and dining area with a large balcony linking both the lounge and bedroom areas. Sliding doors hide a kitchenette area appointed with sleek modern appliances. All of the furniture was stylish and modern. I was really surprised by the size and quality of this suite. The staff were extremely attentive bringing anything to the room such as ice and even a box of matches on one occasion. The hotel offers 24hr 'in room dining' which we didn't sample but appeared to be a full restaurant style menu.

I can't rate this experience high enough. I just wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Try and go for a suite if you can - well worth the experience.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear mjellis99,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your comments from your recent stay with us.
It was wonderful to learn that your experience from arrival to departure, including your accommodation in one bedroom suite along with our amenities on property, exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your comments with our entire team and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

At your service,

779 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have stayed at the Viceroy before and really like the hotel, the pool is great and the restaurant is excellent - very international crowd - fun.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor are quieter and facing the river is best location...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear terronschaefer,

Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear of your experience upon your return to Viceroy Miami. Our famous infinity pool remains one of Viceroy Miami’s best amenities and we are constantly trying to improve on our culinary experiences both at Eos restaurant and at Café Icon: we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed both amenities fully while staying with us.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you once again and in the interim we remain at your service.

Yours Sincerely,

Sharjah, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had an excellent excellent experience staying at the Miami Viceroy hotel. I stayed for 3 nights in room 1201 from 3rd to 6th of April 2012. we arrived at around midnight and the check in process was very smooth. Loved their huge pool and Jaccuzi pool. The hotel is located a business district so its kind of quiet and away from the beach. We were upgraded for a one bedroom room which was an excellent touch as well. !

I would like to extend a special thanks to Colleen Harrigan who was very prompt and responded in a fast an efficent manner in my forgotten items. I had some jackets forgotten and she took care of shipping them to me within 2 days.

Finally two things i would like to note. There were a couple of Marble tiles in room 1201 that were loose and u feel that when you walk on them. It didnt bother me much but i thought of addressing this issue. Finally a more extensive room dining menu would be great, even though the current room dining menu is fine. :)

Dear Mohammed N,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience from your smooth check in to our exemplary customer service. I have shared your candid feedback on our current in-room dining selections with our Executive Sous Chef who is working on a brand new menu using feedback from our guests – including yours. I have also brought your observations in regards to the marble tiles to our Director of Engineering to be addressed immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.
Warm Regards,

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Vice Roy at 485 Brickell Ave Miami, Florida"ROCKS!". Makes you feel like a celeb. Ok almost. The staffs treat you with the utmost warmth and attention to all your needs. Ok maybe not entirely "ALL" your needs. I mean one can't get all his entire life's wishes and desires in just one day lol. One thing I can attest to for sure is that there is a person or persons in the hotel management section of the Vice Roy that has or have only one thing in mind: To please YOU.

PS: Love all of your jacuzzis-HOT and COLD. The pool? Largest I have ever seen in my opinion- compare to any hotel in the state of Florida. Awesome Treatment Rooms.

W.Blair
The Herald.

Room Tip: First start out with Hotwire.com. The number one hotel discount seeker in my opinion. Look out for t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Warren B,

We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience and that you were able to enjoy the Spa and its amenities – one of our most extraordinary assets.

Once again, we thank you for your wonderful recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards,

miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Room was excellent- I will be staying here again. I recommend it highly

Dear dimorphous,

Thank you for your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were so pleased to know that you found our accommodations to be excellent and appreciate your high recommendation.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel, but really claustrophobic and busy lobby. I paid around 150 a night through internet company. The rooms are neat, pool and deck area are really cool and spacious. I do not think that this hotel would be worth what their normal rate is.

• Stayed April 2012
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our overall amenities: we have a spectacular pool deck and the Kelly Wearstler designed rooms are often praised by our return guests. Our lobby is on the smaller size and, since we often have very high occupancy, it can become very busy: we are truly sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations in that regard.

Please feel free to contact me personally when your travels next bring you to Miami, so that I may handle your arrangements directly.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again soon.

In the interim we remain at your service.

Yours Sincerely,
Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!