“Nice get away” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Loved the Viceroy hotel. Beautiful Hotel, Great Staff! Really liked the room it was elegant and comfortable. Loved the Pool/Spa area, Beautiful view, not too loud nice quiet and relaxing. Will definitely return to Viceroy for a future get away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about your stay with us in February and for your generous compliments of our spacious rooms, tremendous service and amazing hotel décor. We are truly pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests experience is seamless and we are proud to have achieved this with you.

Laurence Dubey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed at the Viceroy for a long weekend away with friends. We enjoyed the hotel, but felt like it didn't quite hit the mark in all respects. On the plus side, our rooms were terrific. Very comfortable seating area, balcony, large 4-poster bed. The front desk, guest services, and spa staff were extremely friendly and responsive. The pool is enormous and makes a good swim easy. On the other hand, the design of the pool deck requires you to move a few times to stay in the sun and we were admonished for putting our feet in a very shallow cool water pool because it was evidently just for show. We had also hoped to enjoy a relaxing few minutes in the really large and comfortable hot tub after dinner one evening but were disappointed that we could not do so because the pool closes at 6 pm. We also asked to borrow a few pool towels for our day on the beach and were told by the pool staff person that use was limited to the pool only. Other things created small annoyances. The valet parking is poorly designed. There is one driveway for the hotel, the residences and Club 50 and we were frequently backed up waiting for space to clear to drive to the curb. At times, we could not get in and cars exiting the garage could not get out. Also, water and flooring don't work well together here. The pool deck is lined with rows of stone that are very slippery when wet, and the shower floors in both the rooms and the spa are made of marble. They too became slippery. Finally, the spa, while well equipped, has a work out room that is not well-ventilated. The large windows afford a great view, but they let in a lot of sun and it gets hot pretty quickly. I raise these small points because if we are paying $400 a night for a room, we expect the little things to work as well as the big things. All in all, we had a really good time in Miami and enjoyed the Viceroy but we would consider other options when we return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that your recent Viceroy Miami experience exceeded your expectations. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience through our spacious rooms, comfortable beds and our tremendous service.

I thank you for your feedback about our pool and spa designs, as well as our marble décor throughout the hotel. I promise you that we have received your valuable comments in the spirit intended and sincerely appreciate your most candid feedback. With regards to our pool hours, they are typically from sunrise through sunset. One of the reasons for this is because our restaurant Café Icon, alongside the pool deck, generally closes around the same time.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with valet, and assure you that we are working hard with the valet managers to rectify this situation. This is certainly not indicative of the standards at Viceroy Miami. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests’ experience is seamless and we clearly did not achieve this with you.

I kindly request you contact me directly when your travels next bring you to Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

British Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The Viceroy is a luxurious and very cool destination on Brickell Avenue. The interior is fabulous while the exterior (e.g. 15th & 50th floor pool decks and chill out locations) are magnificent.

My deluxe room had an entrance hall, an enormous bathroom, a 4 poster bed and a mini kitchen (hob, microwave ..etc...) plus the most expansive mini bar (i.e. mini shop!!) I've ever come across!

Service was excellent throughout the hotel, and the food first class. Compliments to management for making this hotel come together for their guests.
Highly recommended, I will return!.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room, facing the ocean
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience through our tastefully appointed décor and our tremendous service. I was delighted to hear that your recent Viceroy Miami experience overall exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests experience is seamless and we are proud to have achieved this with you.

Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband & I ended our Key West/Miami week long trip at the Viceroy Hotel and what a perfect ending for such a great trip. The customer service was above & beyond our expectations - everyone was super friendly & helpful. Hannika at the front desk sent up a bottle of Prosecco & chocolate truffels for our anniversary which was such a nice touch. Our 1 bedroom suite was gorgeous with great decor. The Viceroy will definitely be our hotel of choice when we visit Miami again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that your Viceroy Miami experience overall exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests experience is seamless and we are proud to have achieved this with you.

It was a pleasure to learn that our Front Desk Agent, Hannika, assisted in overall making your visit a most memorable one. We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

esq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had a great one bedroom room, that was very nicely appointed. We loved the pool area, which had plenty of sunlight (throughout the day though you may need to move around just a little), and very nice lounge furnitre. The view is stellar. Pool service was nice, and the food good / reasonably priced.

Mary Brickell village is a few blocks away, and easily walkable, which we did a few times (Starbucks, quite enjoyable restaurants, etc). South Beach is about a $25 cab ride including tip. The metro light rail system is nearby, and seemed perfectly safe and convenient if you're moving around the near area.

We had roomservice dinners a few times and the food was both good, and very efficiently delivered.

Parking at $37 / day is a bit rich, but, not the end of the world.

We'd return to this hotel; enjoyed our 5 day stay.

Only two issues:

One thing to note regarding this hotel is that it's right on Brickell Ave, which can be a busy route (3 lanes each way). If you anticipate this -- and, be mindful that the pool area is pretty quiet -- then you're in good shape.

The other was the internet, which was terribly slow -- even the service for which we paid $10 / day. Hotel did offer to credit it back to us, but if you're relying on internet service, it could be a problem -- particularly for folks trying to do business.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation about our tastefully appointed décor, our spacious rooms and tremendous infinity pool. I was delighted to hear that your Viceroy Miami experience overall exceeded your expectations.

It was unfortunate to learn that you received an issue with your internet. This is not indicative of the standards of Viceroy Miami and I have spoken with our I.T Manager to ensure that this issue does not occur in the future. In addition, please rest assure that our internet pricing is in line with similar hotels in our area.

We thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My fiancee and I were in town for the Radiohead concert at the AA arena and stayed at the Viceroy for 3 nights. Having got rather tired of the excessive prices that you pay for a South Beach hotel and not really being beachy-sorts (we live in the Caribbean and the local beaches are a lot nicer) we saw a good deal on a travel site for the Viceroy Junior Suite and decided to stay there. Hotel is very nicely designed - lots of marble in the bathroom, very nice furnishings and plenty of room. We only got out to the pool area once as we were busy, but despite the overcast sky and gusting winds, enjoyed a soak in their enormous jacuzzi pool. If you see photos of the pool area, first smallest pool is almost decorative only, second is a jacuzzi pool and the third and longest is a very long lap pool.

We didn't eat there (other than raiding the minibar for snacks - which were excellent), but very much enjoyed the time that we did spend there.

We rather carelessly left a bunch of clothes in the room after we checked out and I spoke with Alberto who is the head of security who was very helpful and has arranged for the items to be couriered back to me. Great customer service and it's a weight off my mind knowing that it will be dealt with.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your most generous feedback about your recent stay with us in February and for your generous compliments of our spacious rooms, spectacular pools and amazing hotel décor. We are truly pleased that we exceeded your expectations.

I was also delighted to hear that the service you received from our staff, especially our Head Director of Security, Alberto Gonzalez, during your recent Viceroy Miami experience, overall exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests experience is seamless and we are proud to have achieved this with you.

Thank you for your high praise and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had never stayed at a Viceroy property before because I love Kimpton, but I tried it out because of it's location. There were many events going on the same weekend I was in town and traffic was chaos. I think my flight timing was a bit off because I didn't get a fantasticly located room as I normally do when I travel. It was still nicely decorated, clean and there was a lot of attention to detail. I loved the colors and the decor. The room was on low floor and facing the street so it was pretty noisy, but I still slept good because of the comfy large bed and great pillows. I actually found the brand and ordered them online. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The toiletries were more than I expected and a pleasant surprise. The location was perfect if you are into running or walking. I was there on business but, really looked forward to getting up early and running around across to the biscayne island on the other side. The pool was very impressive and had many nice touches. I didn't have a chance to dine at the hotel but, the room service was simple and good. Somewhat pricey for what it was but, it arrived faster than expected for a busy weekend. My favorite thing about the room was the Illy coffee machine!! Brilliant and I want one!! I'm a huge coffee drinker and loved having it in the room and always stocked. It was easy to opperate and very quick.

Room Tip: timing is everything
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience through our tastefully appointed décor and our spacious rooms.

We are located in Brickell which is growing to become a much more developed area, adding restaurants, businesses and entertainment options. It was unfortunate to hear that your room was a bit noisy, but we were delighted to learn that our comfortable pillows and spacious rooms ensured that you received a great nights’ rest.

I was pleased to hear that the service you received from our staff during your recent Viceroy Miami experience overall exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests experience is seamless and we are proud to have achieved this with you.

We so appreciate learning of the wonderful experience you had at Viceroy from your room service orders at Eos, your high praise of our infinity pool and our superb illy coffee machines.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!