“Unbelievable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Unbelievable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

Wow! I had a amazing weekend at this unique hotel. The service was so the best in Miami! I love this place so much that I want to work here!! Are you hiring:)

The rooms are clean, well designed and the view is out of this world.
The mini bar has amazing products for a low price. The beds are so comfortable.

The pool, gym and spa area is very well kept.

I will definitly recommend this place to all my friends and family when them come to visit me in Miami. Well done!

• Stayed October 2011
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
December 29, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for the tremendous compliment and the accolade of being one of the best hotels in Miami.

We so appreciate learning of the wonderful experience you had at Viceroy from your well-appointed accommodations, your enjoyment of Eos to your high praise of the Viceroy Spa and fitness facilities.

We pride ourselves in providing exceptional levels of guest service and I am proud that my colleagues were successful in achieving this with you.

We thank you for your high praise and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This hotel is quite simply amazing. The decor and the facilities are just jaw droppingly beautiful. The pool and spa are like nothing I've ever seen. The massive tree lined main pool is on the 15th floor alongside another 2 smaller pools, a giant chess board, an outdoor fireplace, and plenty of oversize comfy loungers (more like double beds though!) for sunbathing. The indoor jacuzzi area is beautiful and serene in a library style setting all in white apart from the huge bright yellow chandelier to give the area a modern touch. There are several jacuzzis with armchairs, sofas and chaise longues for relaxing in. Even the changing rooms are the most luxurious I have every seen with chandeliers, a mirrored dressing table and oversize mirrors. The gym is large, well equipped with an amazing view of the Biscayne Bay. I stayed in a suite for a few nights with stunning views overlooking the bay. Very comfy 4 poster bed, large room with balcony and huge bathroom. Kitchenette is very handy too. One of the most stylish hotel rooms I have every stayed in. One small gripe about the hotel is the valet ... waiting time varied between 5 and 20 minutes and the service wasn't up to scratch with the rest of the hotel. Reception is also the concierge who were very friendly and knowledgable. For restaurants walk to the Mary Brickell area which is no more than 10 mins for plenty of fantastic restaurants and bars. Will definitely come back to this unique and exceptional hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience from the tastefully appointed décor to the gorgeous pool and state of the art Fitness Center.

I have noted your comments and have passed them on to our management team so that they can work to improve the valet service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My fiance and I recently had a wedding at the Viceroy and there are no words to describe the level of service, professionalism, courtesy displayed by the entire team....special thanks to Jorge & Mario who made everything possible for us....we stayed at the viceroy for a week and the experience was wonderful..the food was excellent and all staff were very helpful and courteous.....Thanks again Viceroy for everything.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
December 29, 2011

Dear Rzmitchell,

Thank you for your generous compliments of services provided at Viceroy Miami. We are truly pleased that we exceeded your expectations and that our intuitive service and inspiring design touched your heart and soul.

We strive to provide superior guest service and sincerely appreciate the recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back home soon. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011 via mobile

We choose to stay at the viceroy so that our personal items would be secure and no one would visit unexpectedly. This choice was very frustrating and a costly mistake; that has not been correct or followed up on respectfully. Housekeeping admits to taking our items. Security manager asked for us to sent them receipts and now... We are being ignored. I can't believe they are making us get our lawyer involved to recover money that is less then 5% of the money we spent on accommodations.

Valet guys are excellent, pool is great, rooms are comfortable but management is deceitful and disrespectful!

Be cautious of housekeeping!!!

• Stayed September 2011
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

$36 a night for parking, $10 per day for internet in room, $10 water bottles. The hotel has a beautiful big rooftop pool and that's about it. The service is seriously pathetic for what you're paying. They have a long way to go with service or professionalism. I found the service mediocre, polite at most but definitely not impressed nor anything close to a 4 or 5 star, overheard the parking valet attendants making a racist comment about me in spanish to my face thinking i wouldn't understand. The rooms are darkly lit, with a too hard to work coffee/espresso machine, and light switches hidden in wear angles. Be very careful before you open anything, or drink anything out of the mini fridge, just take a walk outside about a block away and pick up water from the deli it'll cost you 1/10 of what the hotel rips you of. I specifically called 2 weeks ahead to request a bay/water side view since the only reason i was paying so much was for a water view and a rooftop pool. They promised me they'll have it available, and since i gave them such advance notice it shouldn't be a problem. I followed up my call/request a few times and up to a day before i flew there. When i got there, they did not honor my request, nor any attempt to apologize or accomodate me, just a simple "it wasn't available", and i was given a room with a non impressive, loud street view. The decor is outdated and tacky, the room is so dark even with all the lights on. The hotel is in the end of nowhere, i didn't see any pedestrians walking around.
While checking out, they could not locate my car, i was running late to catch my plane but was left waiting outside for my car for 30 minutes the front desk person did not seem to care, I had to keep going back in and asking, so that he'll get up and do something about it. The only upside is the rooftop pool, which due to the monsoon that hit, i couldn't even enjoy. I was just so fed up with everything, and happy to leave. I don't have a problem treating myself and putting down money for quality, But this was pathetic and disappointing. They certainly have a long way to go to come close to the quality of professional service you'll receive from hotels like the Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental. Disappointed, overpriced. Go somewhere else for class and professionalism.

Room Tip: Don't bother asking or requesting a water view, i called 2 weeks ahead, and i still didn't g...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us in regards to your stay at the Viceroy Miami.

I was very dissapointed to learn of your experience with our valet service and apologize for this negative impression. I have personally discussed your comments with the manager of operations at Icon Brickell to ensure that situations like these do not happen again.

Further to your comments about the pricing of our services, which we take seriously, I want to assure you that our prices for valet parking, internet access, and minibar service are very competitive with other luxury hotels in the Brickell area. As with most hotels, at Viceroy Miami, we do strive to honor all requests for particular views or upgrades but cannot always succeed in satisfying them as many other guests may have similar requests.

I sincerely hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith in us and regain your trust. Please consider returning to Viceroy Miami and I kindly ask that you call me so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

So far in my life, this hotel is in one of my top 5 favorites. Easy quick check in, friendly staff (even though they are busy. I checked in on a weekend night when it starts getting really crowded from the club.) The room.....AMAZING. I got a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (originally booked a one bedroom suite but they upgraded me) and the room was stunningly beautiful. For under $400 a night, I fully did not expect the room to be as amazing as it was. Floor to ceiling windows with an amazing view and tons of natural light. A large balcony that overlooks the pool. An amazing kitchen with everything you need if you want to make your own meals (or just use the fridge for drinks/leftovers from a restaurant.) A great big tub and nice bathroom(s.) I fully admit that I will pick a hotel on it's decor alone and this place has that design for sure. Great place to go with friends or spouse. I will definitely be returning for something besides work someday.

Room Tip: Get a suite, they are awesome!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ViceroyMiami, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, October 20, 2011

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had an amazing stay at this hotel. We stayed for 3 nights and our experience was wonderful. The staff were very polite and helpful with all our requests. The room was beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable, your body just melted into the bed. The bathrooms were huge and the room was well decorated. The best part of the hotel is the 15th floor. It's just the most picturesque area that I have ever seen, 2 pools, one being a beautiful infinity pool surrounded by small well groomed trees and another smaller heated pool. There are several cabanas and chairs around the pool so there is a lot of room to sit and enjoy the pool. There is also a huge balcony on the 15th floor that wraps around one side of the building with nice large cushioned chairs for two so that you can enjoy the view. I loved this hotel and would come back for sure.....I don't even know how anyone can write a bad review about this hotel, it was perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ViceroyMiamiHotel, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, December 29, 2011

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!