“LOVED It and Will be Back!” 5 of 5 stars

Mojitos
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“LOVED It and Will be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

An amazing hotel and view right in the heart of Brickell! The room was large and the furniture and decor was different than regular chain hotels (Hilton, Marriot) which made this hotel so unique. The outside walls were all windows so two out of three walls in the bedroom and one out of two walls in the bathroom were windows. They were covered so you could see out and had plenty of light but no one could see in. I also had a view of the ocean in the distance. The pool was on the roof top and it was so amazing...just like the picture! The fitness center and spa was awesome too. The same type of views while you are working out. The staff gave great suggestions on places to eat and directions. I will definitely stay there again when I return to that area!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. Sophia checked us in and she was very polite and accomodating. She recommended a seafood restaurant walking distance from the Hotel. Oceanaire was delicious. The room is comfortable and unique. Bed is very comfortable. The pool is beautiful with plenty of space. The views are spectacular. Didn't care for: the restaurant Evos., The DJ sucked at Club 50 but the view is 5 stars. Bartender was nice. We asked for the best view she had because she couldn't upgrade us and she gave us a room on the street : ( Not cool.

All in all, I would come back again and again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay.

We were delighted to learn we were successful in providing you with personalized, intuitive service, that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for recognizing Ms Sophia Gomez, Lifestyle Assistant, and the service she afforded you. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home and in the meantime, we remain at your service.

Lake Norman, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

A lovely Hotel in a grand complex. Had a grand stay. One would be hard pressed to find fault with this facility. I just hope the recent property sale doens't harm the experience at Viceroy Miami. A Maryland company acquired the Viceroy Hotel for $36.5 million this past May, buying the 148-unit property located at the ICON Brickell complex. Pebblebrook Hotel Trust bought the hotel citing strong potential for Miami’s tourism industry. The Viceroy is part of the third tower at ICON Brickell. The Hotel was 68 percent occupied in 2010, with an average daily rate of $183. As of June 1st the sale was pending, and is yet to officially close.

Room Tip: Do your online research prior to booking.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your generous feedback from your recent stay. We are truly delighted that we overall exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon and in the meantime, we remain at your service.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Viceroy Miami, and was extremely pleased with my experience there. The hotel is located in the Brickell neighborhood of Miami, adjacent to downtown. South Beach is about a 15-minute drive away, but the hotel does front the water- the Miami River and Biscayne Bay- and our room had a wonderful water view. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite that was HUGE, with a very cool and modern decor, and had 1.5 bathrooms (very large master with tub plus a powder room off the living room), a dining area (complete with dining table) and small kitchenette (microwave, mini ridge, electric stovetop). The room was very comfortable and well appointed, and also had a lovely balcony with the aforementioned water views.

The service was excellent, and the hotel staff was friendly and attentive, exactly what I would expect from a higher end hotel such as the Viceroy. What set this hotel apart was the stunning pool complex- there is an Olympic-lenth pool adjacent to two smaller wading pools on the 15th floor of the hotel. The pools themselves seem to strech on forever, but there is also ample "deck" space with dozens of lounge chairs, covered and non-covered cabanas and other seating arrangements for lounging/sunbathing purposes. The view from the 15th floor pooldeck is also stunning, and I was really impressed that the hotel would give so much space and thought to the design of the pool complex. The spa is also impressive, although I did not use it.

I was a bit hesitant about the Brickell location of the hotel, since it is not on the beach, but found that I didn't miss the beach at all. The fact that there are so many water views from the hotel itself, and the fact that South Beach is just a short drive away more than made up for it. Also, the Brickell neighborhood is trendy (a nice club, Bar 50, is located on the 50th floor of the hotel) and it was a fun place to stay, away from the typical throngs of beachgoers you have to deal with when staying on the beach.

Overall, a great experience, and I'll definitely be staying there again the next time I am in Miami!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay. It is most rewarding to know we succeeded in exceeding your expectations. We pride ourselves in ensuring our guests’ experience is seamless and are proud to have achieved this with you.
Kindly please call me when your travels next bring you to Miami so that I may personally take care of all your arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.
Guangzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Viceroy is a good hotel, no dout about it. I stayed only one night and was well looked after. Before arrival I even got a personal letter/email from the hotel, from a person who said I could consider her my "Personal Lifestyle Assistant to assist me in confirming arrangements such as spa services, transportation and restaurant reservations". Not half bad.
The hotel itself is of high quality, and the swimming pool area is the jewel in the crown. It is huge and has a spectacular location. Unfortunately I had not brought swimming trunks, so I could only envy those that had.
My room was good, but nothing more, really. Pretty average for an international business hotel, I would say, even though I had opted for a higher room category than the standard ond. It had a balcony, which was without any furniture, and thus useless. Besides my room was facing the highway running past the hotel (why does this always happen to me in Miami?) so it was not really pleasant out there.
The restaurant next to the pool area was good for breakfast, but the $30 for a fairly simple breakfast, was a bit steep.
My main problem with the hotel, however, was the common area around the reception, or rather the lack thereof. The reception was tiny and not very pleasant, and there was no lounge or bar in the vicinity of it, as far as I could ascertain. No nice place to sit down while waiting for a taci or a friend or a business partner. No place to sit down for a quiet beer and watch life go by.
My conclusion, then, is that I liked the hotel and would bring swimming trunks for an eventual next visit. It stands little chance, though, of becoming a favorite hotel. It is convenient for a short business visit, maybe excellent for a couple to spend a weekend. But it comes across as a bit lacking in chaleur and character, and I really miss a lobby bar. The prices are on the high side and I hesitate to say the hotel is good value for money. You even have to pay extra for internet access, in 2011!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your generous feedback from your recent stay.

We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you a satisfying experience from our tastefully appointed amenities including our stunning 2-acre pool and innovative culinary offerings from Café Icon. We sincerely thank you for your high praise as “jewel in the crown”. I was pleased to learn that Ms. Christine Joo, our Guest Recognition Coordinator made you feel warm and welcome by providing you with the intuitive and personalized service that we pride ourselves on.

However, I was disappointed to learn that we did not exceed your expectations as it relates to our hotel common area around the reception. I have shared your candid feedback in great detail with our entire leadership team and we promise you that we will work on it to prevent future such guest dissatisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for these shortcomings.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

If you like style, decor, modern, contemporary...this is the place for you!! I was blown away by the decor and quality of this very contemporary hotel!!

Room Tip: For the standard room, select the 440 sq ft room with the lattice divider between the bathroom and b...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
ViceroyMiami, General Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you are a fan of our Kelly Wearstler design.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition as an urban sanctuary as well as your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future. Kindly please call me when your travel plans next bring you to Viceroy Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Manchester, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We really enjoyed this place. If you ever wanted to experience what it might be like to live in one of those beautiful Miami high-rises, this is the place to stay. The decor in this place is amazing- and while it may seem a little over the top - it all works very well together. Nice neighborhood feel hotel. Our room was very comfortable. The SPA is amazing - worth just checking out even if you don't get any SPA services. You really feel at home in this place. It is a short walk to BaySide and lots of attractions. We had a car and the valet was very efficient. Don't be turned off by the fact that there is a night club on the roof. Hotel guests have a special entrance if you happen to return to the hotel late at night in the midst of a club night. Overall excellent place. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive and rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and were able to take advantage of all our luxurious amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Laurence Dubey

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!