“Our stay was decent” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bowie, Maryland
“Our stay was decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Our experience at the hotel was decent. We enjoyed the spa, pool area and other amenities on the 15th floor. The spa and the spa staff were outstanding! The locker room, shower area, Jacuzzi area and juice bar were exceptional! The fitness room was clean and offers an incredible view of the surrounding condominiums, hotels and water. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed each of these areas. Overall, the staff was warm, friendly and welcoming. My wife and I rented a junior suite and it was adequate, but a lot smaller than I expected. The sized of the expensive junior suite was the same size of a single room (non suite) in many of the other hotels that we have stayed at. The pictures on the hotel's website are very deceiving. Part of the building that the Viceroy is in consists of condominiums and it seems look the hotel part of the building may have been an afterthought. The lobby is tiny and it was particularly noticeable that the two featured, pink designer end chairs surrounding the coach were filthy and need to be replaced or cleaned. Also, although the hotel had a few modern artistic pieces shattered throughout the space, the decor seemed a bit outdated. For example, the carpet in the hotel room hallways was clean but had dark brown, diamond shapes with a yellowish-tan color in-between the diamond shapes. In my opinion, it looked really outdated. Additionally, there was thick, dark brown, old school wood lattice in the rooms, that was clean, but looked out of date and bulky. The club on the 50th floor also had outdated decor. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel, it was clean, we felt safe and the staff was nice. The only service problem that I experienced was an hour wait for a simple, but expensive continental breakfast consisting mostly of beard (no fruit for $39). Also, friends of ours that stayed in the hotel during the same time, experienced a repeating problem with the shower not working and they felt that the hotel should have offered another room, but did not.

As I said in the beginning, we enjoyed the spa and spa areas and I would stay again only if the hotel offered a reduced price or some kind of package deal, that included a spa treatment. There are many other hotels in the surrounding with similar prices to chose from. I'm really doubted that we would chose the Viceroy again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Hotel Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us.

I regret to learn that you found our décor and guestroom appointments to not be in keeping with our high standards. I have shared your comments with Mr. Nathaniel Morciego, Director of Housekeeping so that we may implement a more robust preventive maintenance program as it relates to our furnishings.

Please express our sincerest apologies to your travel partners for their disappointing experience with the shower in their guestroom. I have informed Mr. Jerry Wenzel, Director of Engineering of your feedback so that we may review our inspection checklist to ensure that we avoid future such repeat occurrences and guest dissatisfaction.

Indeed our stunning pool terrace and luxurious Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell, are some of our best attributes. However, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with intuitive service and I am proud to learn that overall our colleagues were successful in creating a memorable experience for you.

I genuinely hope that you will forgive us for our shortcomings and provide us with the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. Please consider returning to Viceroy Miami and I kindly ask that you call me directly so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

852 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

i am an architect and amodernist architect so the decor of this hotel was a little ott for me - but we had a superb stay, my wife and daughter loved it. lavish decor, beautiful details, toiletries etc and the little mini kitchen was perfect in our suite. the pool and spa were simply spectacular, i did not want to leave the spa. the only weirdish thing is the club. there is a club in the building where miami's beautiful people congregate and the entrance is right by the entrance to the hotel so if you come back in the evening there are throngs of party people lining up for the club which is mildly inconvenient but not a major issue. highly recommended for a stay in miami but you will definitely need a car as it is in a bank/business area

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
ViceroyMiami, Hotel Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that we succeeded in providing you and your family with an outstanding experience from the inspiring design of our tastefully appointed Viceroy Suites to our spectacular pool terrace.

I was truly delighted that our Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell colleagues were successful in providing you with a lavish and relaxing experience as it is our goal to touch the heart and soul of every guest. I have shared your comments regarding the club entrance with Mr. Brandon Kraese, Club 50 Manager and Mr. Alberto Gonzalez, Loss Prevention Manager so that we may look into possible solutions that would ease the inconvenience for our hotel guests.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have recently stayed at the Viceroy Miami, my third stay in less than a year, I am getting used to this wonderful property. I am very familiar with the property, as you can imagine, but for once I was able to discover and enjoy the pool service (my schedule is always too busy for that). What a treat to be able to stay in the pool under the sun overlooking brickell, love it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ViceroyMiami, Hotel Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that your return visit exceeded your expectations. I was truly pleased that our Icon Pool colleagues were courteous and intuitive and that you were finally able to enjoy the breathtaking vistas of Biscayne Bay seen from our stunning 2-acre terrace.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home; in the interim, we remain at your service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

It is just a gorgeous hotel with great service. From check-in on we received helpful, professional, courteous service. The gentleman that helped with our luggage went out of his way to give us great travel advice and directions to Key West to avoid traffic. Our room was fantastic. Beautiful and plush and sexy. Huge bathroom, aswesome little kitchenette, illy espresso machine. We ordered room service and the food was fantastic. Unfortunately we were only there for a brief stay, but the pool area is incredible and gorgeous and we cannot wait to go back and enjoy again. It has a real Miami "feel" to it. We were mega-impressed!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ViceroyMiami, Hotel Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

We were humbled to receive your generous feedback and thank you for your high praise of your experience at Viceroy Miami.

We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience from our tastefully appointed décor and guest accommodations to our innovative culinary offerings. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional levels of guest service and I am truly proud that our Lifestyle team was successful in achieving this with you.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back soon so you may experience the pool and the Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

front desk staff is excellent. accomodations were immaculate.
beds were extremely comfortable. location is perfect for everything you want to do in miami. spa, fitness center, and pool area are exceptional. valet parking attentive and quick. the views from our upgraded accomodations were spectacular. we visit miami frequently and this is our #1 choice for great service and it is also a great value.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
ViceroyMiami, Hotel Manager at Viceroy Miami, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that your recent visit exceeded your expectations from our centric location to our exceptional resort amenities.

Indeed, the unparalleled vistas of Biscayne Bay seen from our Viceroy Suites, our stunning pool terrace, state of the art Fitness Center and luxurious Spa are some of our best attributes as they provide a relaxing sanctuary for our guests. However, it is the outstanding level of intuitive service that we pride ourselves on. I am proud to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience as it is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition as a fabulous resort and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future. Kindly please call me when your travel plans next bring you to Viceroy Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Viceroy Miami,and really enjoyed our time there.We had a junior suite which had excellent features and a great bathroom.The hotel staff were both helpful and polite at all times,and when we reported a problem with our TV,it was fixed very promptly,and a note left to explain what the problem was and apologising for the inconvenience.The Infinity pool on the 15th.floor is simply stunning,and Cafe Icon is a very relaxing spot.All in all we had a great stay at Viceroy and will certainly return on our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Check the hotels own website for 3 for 2 offers
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that our tastefully appointed Viceroy Junior Suite and our expansive pool deck exceeded your expectations. I am truly proud that our colleagues were able to provide you with intuitive service and that our Engineering Team attended to you with a sense of urgency.

Kindly please call me when your travels next bring you and your wife to Viceroy Miami so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is an URBAN Design Hotel located in Miami’s Financial District and Elite Brickel Condominiums.
Although, none of these Hotel Rooms face the magnificent Pool deck located on the 15th floor; it makes up with other ways – “Junior Suites”. The hotel is located below the 15th floor and its well worth the few dollars extra to splurge for these spectacular Junior Suites #1211. These Junior Suites with balconies and kitchenette are located on the corner of the building offering you panoramic views of the Water & Brickel Avenue with their floor to ceiling windows; including the fabulous oversized washroom. The only area that is completely private is the water closet. The Suites are exquisitely furnished with unique pieces but when will the Hotel purchase some balcony furniture?

There are (2) Restaurants & (1) bar located on the premises. The Icon is accessible from the pool deck and offers you a variety of gourmet salads, cold & hot pressed sandwiches. Although the food was acceptable at the EOS Restaurant; we were not impressed with the service. We had spent (4) nights at this Hotel but didn’t realize until the third day that this complex includes an 18% gratuity charge . . . it would have been appreciated if the staff would have mention that policy – verify your bills.

This Hotel is NOT located on South Beach, but its fabulous massive Pool deck & 28,000 square foot Spa will offer you a different experience of Miami.

Enjoy an illy espresso without leaving your room!

Viceroy Hotel, 485 Brickell Avenue, Miami; www.viceroymiami.com.

Room Tip: Verify Viceroy website for promo's
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that the inspiring design of our Viceroy Junior Suite and hotel amenities was successful in providing you with a stylish and upscale alternative to South Beach.

We were pleased to learn that you were able enjoy the magnificent views of Biscayne Bay and Brickell Avenue from your guest accommodation and our pool deck. The Spa at Viceroy Miami, Icon Brickell and the culinary offerings of EOS are indeed some of our best attributes and we are excited that you were able to experience them both. In my follow up with Mr. Selchuk Once, Restaurant Manager I have asked that we review our food & beverage checks to ensure that all charges are appropriately noted.

Thank you for the wonderful recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Hotel Manager

Been to Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!