“A nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Cordova, Tennessee
“A nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was recently in Miami for work and picked this hotel. Its a little back off the street and very near the airport. If you catch it right you can read the newspaper the guy/gal is holding in Row 15 window seat :) The first night i stayed I had a king suite and loved the room layout. The suite has a bedroom off the main sitting area and was extremely comfortable. The next two days I was in a regular king room. Not as impressive as having your own bedroom but still very nice. However, there is no free breakfast. They have a very nice Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner. I enjoyed the huge portions for the breakfast that you were given even though it was a little pricey (minimum $10 - $15). Nice touch is that they have a computer near the business center where you can check in with your airline and print out your boarding passes. Little touches like that make it a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your comments. It is always a boost to our team morale to hear positive stories from our guests. I will be sure to pass along your comments. When you are back in Miami, we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have stayed here before. Staff are helpful and polite. This hotel is our usual choice for an overnight in Miami. Close to airport, free shuttle, Wi-Fi and comfortable rooms. This time we had 3 adults (2 db beds) sharing the room and we were not crowded. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank You for you comments. As we share our reviews with our associates, please feel free to contact me directly if any of our associates stood out with their service.

Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found the room clean and newly renovated, although the shower head might not have been replaced but worked fine.

Although we had the room in the corner, adjacent to highway 826, we did not hear a lot of noise, at least not to disturb our sleep.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your time to report on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all feedback and share with our team. Please contact me directly if anyone stood out to provide exceptional service.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a nice stay here. The hotel is around the corner from the airport, and, travelers beware, directly under the approach path to MIA's runway 12. The windows are ordinary. So, if the wind is right... In my case, I didn't feel too bothered that night by the otherwise impressive noise from outside. Generally, a fine experience: The receptionist was very friendly. Our neighbors seemed to have a hotel party, although the walls were good. (The front desk gave them a call, I think, and I slept well.) Our room was clean and updated. What did bother me, though, was the rattling air conditioner: http://youtu.be/oapclmLk0GI ... I think this shouldn't reflect on the hotel overall, though at 200/night (no breakfast), I deserve better!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. As we review our guest comments with our team, it is great news to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to Courtyard Doral and I'll see what I can do for you in the way of breakfast.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really appreciated the attentive Miami Airport--Marriott shuttle van drivers, who were careful not to let us take the shuttle to the wrong destination. We advise all travelers to write down the street address of "their" Marriott Miami Airport hotel to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments. We are all very happy that we were able to be such a positive experience and go beyond your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Since my flight got cancelled, American Airlines arranged me a night at this hotel in order to catch an early flight in the next day. It was a good experience.

A van got me at the airport and left me at the hotel. When I got there, I saw a little convenience store with some good food options. The louge has microwaves and tables.

The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed is AMAZING and the bathroom is good. In the morning the same van took me to airport and I was able to get my flight.

The hotel is located next to the airport and far from the city center. But if you get a car, it's probably a good and cheaper option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for your response. As we have just completed our renovation in Nov 2014, all of our mattress are brand new. We are all very excited over your comments. Thank You Again.

Petionville, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

Close to the airport and Hialeah. The hotel was renovated a year ago and the rooms look very nice, including the lamps and night stands and a comfortable chair. The reception has a small cafeteria open in the morning and early evening hours. Some convenience items and microwavable food is available for late arrivals. Very nice breakfast available in a all renewed setting. The staff is very helpful and professional.

Internet is good!

Once small minus point is the shuttle that goes only every 1 hour. We had to wait quite some time at the airport before being picked up and you have to check with the front desk in case of using the shuttle to go out to put you on a list.

The rooms are with double glass and the airport / highway noise did not bother us at all.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank You for your feedback on TripAdvisor. Our team at the Marriott Courtyard works very hard with your satisfaction in mind. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.
Hospitably,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!