“Friendly staff, renovated at convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Grand Re-Opening Offer
Ranked #80 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Petionville, Haiti
“Friendly staff, renovated at convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Close to the airport and Hialeah. The hotel was renovated a year ago and the rooms look very nice, including the lamps and night stands and a comfortable chair. The reception has a small cafeteria open in the morning and early evening hours. Some convenience items and microwavable food is available for late arrivals. Very nice breakfast available in a all renewed setting. The staff is very helpful and professional.

Internet is good!

Once small minus point is the shuttle that goes only every 1 hour. We had to wait quite some time at the airport before being picked up and you have to check with the front desk in case of using the shuttle to go out to put you on a list.

The rooms are with double glass and the airport / highway noise did not bother us at all.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Was very surprised and displeased by our experience with this hotel. But what could you expect when the 2nd night into a 9 night stay you find a condom (thankfully unused) behind the night stand. Needless to say, the rooms aren't the most cared for. However, the most of the maid staff were very pleasant and acknowledging of guests.

We had a patio door that not only opened into a bush, but was so covered in something that you could barely see through it. Due to this we were unable to get much light into our room.

While showering, the water progressively keeps getting hotter.

The coffee pot didn't work and the only microwave is in the lobby.

The restaurant in the hotel is only open a few hours in the morning and evening and is a person slopping together food, which doesn't look anything like the photos on the menu or website. It is nice being able to get a Starbucks drink in the morning. The food is definitely over priced.

The pool and patio area were nice and clean. The chairs were very comfortable and inviting.

It is to be expected that they speak little English here but is irritating none the less.

The free internet is lacking and they charge $4.95/day for a higher speed.

There isn't really cable TV unless you consider the absolute bare minimum basic cable to be cable, which I don't. There are around 30 channels and most of those are ESPN or news networks.

One night my husband said that around 1 am there was a child blowing a whistle in a near by room and no one did anything to stop it.

Like I said before, we expected more from a well known chain like Marriott.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank You for your response on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that your stay was not up to our standards, I will review your comments with each department to ensure proper follow up as several of comments that you made.
Feel free to contact the hotel directly if you have any additional feedback you would care to provide.
Hospitably,
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

All personnel of the hotel are very kind and friendly. They are ready to help the best they can. The hotel is located in a quite and nice place, where you can sleep peacefully and comfortably. The only thing the hotel needs is a good restaurant as it only has a cafeteria. Other than that, everything is fine.
I recommend the hotel, process are affordable and service excellent,.
Luis Suarez & Family from Colombia (we went there on vacation on September 2014).

Room Tip: Good price, excellent service, well located.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank You for your comments. We are all very happy that we were able to be such a positive experience. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team.
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Even though we were only there for one night we couldn't have asked for better. The rooms were VERY clean, the shower had great pressure. Central to a lot of restaurants within walking distance The staff were wonderful. It was a little chilly for the pool but my husband plunged in anyway. As a travel agent I would highly recommend this hotel to my clients :)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank You so much. We truly enjoy having our guests stay in our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. Have a great day and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Miami.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got a great rate at this hotel and it was a great base to travel around the Miami area.

All the staff were brilliant - very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Check in / reception ladies were great as were everyone in the lobby bistro. The food there was great too.

Our room 244 was spotlessly clean and the beds were really, really comfy.

Sometimes the planes sounded really loud (well it is an airport hotel and is right on the flight path)but didn't keep us awake and I am a really light sleeper.

There are no safes in the room but we used one of the safety deposit boxes in reception which was simple and quick.

My only negative comment is that we made the mistake of hopping on the first Courtyard Miami airport shuttle bus when we arrived only to end up at the wrong one. Apparently there are 3 Courtyards around the airport and this happens a lot. Ended up paying $20 in a cab to the right one. If this happens a lot maybe the shuttle driver could mention there are 3 when he picks you up to make sure everyone gets on the right one? Not a great start after a long flight.

All in all very impressed and would recommend to anyone looking to be close to the airport or looking for a good value base to explore.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day Sarah,

Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. I will share your comments with our associates. Kind comments from our guests truly motivates us. I do apologize for the confusion with our shuttle service. I will address this with our staff to ensure they specify the correct shuttle when speaking with a guest. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Miami Area!
Calella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't be fooled by the humble surroundings. This hotel has been renovated. If there for a night sleep this is a great choice. That is if you are staying one night and need to be close to the airport. The drive is not long although I rather stay at the one in Lejeune Road. If you stay here the drive to the airport takes about 15 minutes depending on the time of day (of course). I was upgraded to a suite and I have to say this room was among the best I have ever stayed at. Of course everything is new and that helps, but it was so roomy and nicely decorated I actually was happy I chose this property. When you are driving into the parking lot it does not look that good, though. So do not panic. I found some pizza delivery flyers so I called the number and asked for delivery. I had to go to the reception to pick my order up because they would not let the delivery boy up (logical I think) Employees were really attentive. I cannot remember the name of the lady at the reception desk (sounded like Eloise) but she was really nice. The only thing i did not like was the gym. Not the type of gym you would expect at a Marriott property. And the restaurant looked more like a caffee/ lobby bar type of thing. I strongly recommend this property though. It is good for a one night sleep.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. I will share your comments with our associates. Kind comments from our guests truly motivates us. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Miami Area!

Hospitably

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!