“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 129 hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Everything about our stay was great! A good nights sleep is at the top of our reasons for loving this place! Either newly renovated or just great! The staff was very helpful and nice.

We did have a few problems but at no fault of Marriott's, I mention them just as an FYI. We were put up here for a night by our airline since our flight was canceled. Its about 20+ min away from the airport. We had vouchers to eat dinner here and heard the food was great but the restaurant is not open late so we missed out. They do have some food at their snack shop like freezer meals and snacks which was great!

We would totally stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Good Afternoon RUaVTBaby;

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. Your comments are highly appreciated, and I am happy that you were able to enjoy your stay after the inconvinience of your cancelled flight. Please do come see us again!

At your service;

Operations Manager

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Yorkville, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

After 4 calls and waiting 1hr & 15 min for the shuttle from the airport I finally bailed and got a cab. When the cab pulled into this dark, remote off the street location I thought it was a mistake. Than about a 15 min wait to check in when there were 2 clerks and 3 guests was poor. I'm a Marriott Gold member with about 150 nights at Marriott, but another stay like this and I'll be back to the Hilton Honors program in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Select a room at a different hotel. There are too many other options nearby to waste your time and...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good afternoon and thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. As you mentioned, you were not satisfied with our Complimentary Shuttle Service from the Airport. This is an opportunity we are working very hard on to correct. Our Shuttle service in only available on request and subject to Miami Traffic. Based on our customer feedback we are always looking for ways to improve our transporation service. I have just updated our website to reflect shuttle availability to provide more accurate infromation to our guest. Please feel free to contact me directly, if you would like to offer any additional suggestions.

Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stay here if you like to stand around. Stay here is waiting curbside at the airport is your idea of a fun evening. Stay here is you like to watch other shuttles come by and pick up their passengers and you can wave goodbye while you await yours. Stay here if you like to repeated call the hotel to plead with them for a ride. However, if arriving in a timely manner, checking in, and relaxing for the evening is your idea if fun, DON'T STAY HERE!

I called in the afternoon to confirm my room and let them know about the arrival time. As soon as I arrived (on a bus from the Keys) I went inside and called as instructed. That was at 9:45 PM. I was told that the shuttle driver just left, and it would be awhile, but they'd send him back and call me when he was coming. No call, I called them at 1:15 and was told he was on his way. I told the EXACTLY where was standing (door number and airline). Fast forward to 11:15 PM and numerous phone call later, the front desk clerk came to get me, only to inform me that the driver had passed 2 time and picked up others. However, he somehow didn't stop near me, because I am not blind and I didn't see him at all! Further, he DID know what door I was at, as I mentioned it every time I called them.

Room is clean, lobby is nice, Internet is slower than the shuttle driver. Seriously, I'd re-think this place. Might change my rating dependent upon the rest of the stay, but for now, it stinks! Two stars for the lady that did actually pick me up after a few begging phone calls.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank You for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We strive to improve our guest service on a daily basis including our shuttle service to and from MIA. I do apologize that it took so long for us to be able to get to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss further. I would like to ensure that this does not happen again. Again my apologies for the long wait.
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We arrived late afternoon for 1 night before heading to San Juan. I had a dental emergency and the gals at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful - got on the phone and found a clinic that was open and gave us directions to get there. Saved my life!
The room was very clean and equipped with everything you could need. Free internet for airline check in, very convenient to the airport. They also have balcony rooms which to me is a big plus when it comes to finding accommodations near an airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Melbur;

I am so happy that enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your compliments to the hotel and our staff in the front desk. They are definitely gems and we're lucky to have them. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Best,
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but would definitely come back again. Cozy and great spot. Rooms are really neat, nice and pretty. Lots of space really comfortable. Place is great for business trips. Friendly staff. Could use more staff and employes.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea T
I'm so happy you enjoyed the hotel and our staff! That is wonderful to hear and we really appreciate the feedback. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Best,
Operations Manager
Sao Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before and found it to be an average budget business hotel. A few perks: free internet, parking, spacious rooms. Location isn't the most attractive, although it can be convenient depending on what you're doing in town. But I was bitterly disappointed with service: arrived early in the morning, having specifically booked two nights so that I could check in early (and advised hotel of this), only to arrive and be informed that reservation had been cancelled. Have been sitting in the lobby for more than two hours while they try to find a housekeeper to see if there is a room available.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank You for responding to TripAdvisor. I know that we had talked in the lobby prior to getting you into a room. I do apologize that we were not able to get you into a room sooner for an early check in. I hope that the information I have provided you will be useful in the future to avoid having the same challenges. If I can assis you with any additional reservations that can help get you in sooner, please don't hesistate to contact me directly.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

we went to the red roof first and was horrible so we move to this hotel for 2 weeks and was so much better! Nice room, nice restaurant, nice loby, excelent service, excelent clean service, nice pool and garden, good wifi, good price, have a nice and friendly shuffle service. I will defo comeback!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to respond on TripAdvisor. It is all of our guest comments that truly enable us to be a Great Hotel. I am very excited that you had such a wonderful time at our property and that we were able to be there for you. Please feel free to contact us directly during your next visit to the area.
Hospitably,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!