“Great Courtyard experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 129 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Great Courtyard experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a great stay for business. The hotel is very clean, and the service was excellent. While I did not use the pool, the actual courtyard was also very clean and well constructed. The in-house restaurant was a bit on the pricey side, so I chose to eat elsewhere however. The rooms are a good size, and there was always parking. The hotel is also located near several major high ways which made my traveling very easy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Scott, thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.com. As you know more and more of our guests frequently are checking this site during their trip planning. I am glad to hear that you had a enjoyable time and that we are conveniently located for your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as this is a great motivator.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good, clean hotel, near airport and dolphin mall. They offer a good breakfast and even dinner, with restricted hours but still a plus. Rooms were clean and spacious.

Pool isn´t that great compared to other marriots but still ok.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. I will post this for all of our associates to read. Kind comments from our guests is truly what motivates us. Thank You again, and we look forward to your next trip in the Miami Area.
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend to visit family. Lobby is chic and designed very well. It was easy to check-in and the staff as accommodating and friendly. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable.
There is breakfast for an additional $12. They serve Starbucks coffee, but close between 10 and 11 to prep between breakfast and lunch. Free wifi..

The halls did smell slightly mildewy.. but not too bad.
Pool was good.

Would stay there for a couple of days but not really a place to stay if you're looking to use the hotel amenities for a vacation.
Gym was ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Postive guest comments keep our staff fully engaged and gives us all a boost. I truly appreciate our guest involvement.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

3 nights in 218. Inside room with balcony. Reasonable price and clean. No breakfast. Close to airport and place of business which makes it convenient.
Pool in courtyard was appealing, but no time to take a dip.
Will return when on business in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank You for your comments on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate kind comments as it is a boost to our assoicates moral. We do offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Bistro however, it is not complimentary. Please feel free to contact me directly and I can assist with your reservation as well as offer a complimentary breakfast to sample our Bistro.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here again because it was the closest hotel from where I needed to visit in the Miami area.. Again, like my previous two stays, there were still some staff members that were not wearing name-tags! Which I cannot understand why?? I was actually going to give a positive comment about the Front Desk agent that checked me because she was very nice in but since she didn't have a name-tag on, I cannot.

The Rooms here have still not been renovated! I see that others have wrote feedback about it as well but no one from the hotel respond whether they're going to renovate the rooms or not.
I think that if others know they will be renovating soon, it would give them a reason to choose this hotel because it really has great potential!
Beds were AWESOME!!!

I wouldn't mind staying here again because I really like the Doral area but I really think the rooms could use an upgrade soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You for taking time to mention our hotel on TripAdvisor. I will address your concerns with our Operations manager to ensure that all of of associates are in name tags.
In regards to your comments on our rooms being renovated. Pending any delays with the City of Doral, we will begin our rooms renovation in April 2014.
Thank You again, for your feedback.
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The person at the front desk was not rude but not really friendly as though I were an inconvenience in her day. The room we got was an ADA room so no sofa.
Had to make a call to Costa Rica and was advised there were no pay phones on the property so used the room phone. Just to call and get an answering machine and hanging up when getting the machine cost $16.30. That is outrageous.

Room Tip: If you don't need it pass on being offered an ADA room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank You for your review on TripAdvisor. I will ensure your comments are reviewed by our front desk associates to include in their ongoing trainng.
In regards to our long distance charges, these are actuall charges sent to us from the telephone company. Charges from ATT are always rounded up to the next minute and start the moment a connection is made. Charges are based on AT&T Daytime Operator assisted rates to the destination you are calling. To check the rates, all you need to do is dial the AT&T operator. Our surcharges are posted in every guest room next to the phone.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The Hispanic lady that checked me in was rude from the moment I walked through the door. In addition to being rude, she was very inconsiderate and uncaring. As our conversation continued, she began to talk to me in a very condescending way. She literally told me "this is what I've got--take it or leave it." I didn't take either of the rooms she offered. Both rooms were undesirable. There were other rooms available. As a result, I had to wait more than an hour for a room.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!