“Clean, quiet and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #86 of 129 hotels in Miami
New Jersey
“Clean, quiet and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

3 nights in 218. Inside room with balcony. Reasonable price and clean. No breakfast. Close to airport and place of business which makes it convenient.
Pool in courtyard was appealing, but no time to take a dip.
Will return when on business in Miami.

• Stayed September 2013
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank You for your comments on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate kind comments as it is a boost to our assoicates moral. We do offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in our Bistro however, it is not complimentary. Please feel free to contact me directly and I can assist with your reservation as well as offer a complimentary breakfast to sample our Bistro.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here again because it was the closest hotel from where I needed to visit in the Miami area.. Again, like my previous two stays, there were still some staff members that were not wearing name-tags! Which I cannot understand why?? I was actually going to give a positive comment about the Front Desk agent that checked me because she was very nice in but since she didn't have a name-tag on, I cannot.

The Rooms here have still not been renovated! I see that others have wrote feedback about it as well but no one from the hotel respond whether they're going to renovate the rooms or not.
I think that if others know they will be renovating soon, it would give them a reason to choose this hotel because it really has great potential!
Beds were AWESOME!!!

I wouldn't mind staying here again because I really like the Doral area but I really think the rooms could use an upgrade soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank You for taking time to mention our hotel on TripAdvisor. I will address your concerns with our Operations manager to ensure that all of of associates are in name tags.
In regards to your comments on our rooms being renovated. Pending any delays with the City of Doral, we will begin our rooms renovation in April 2014.
Thank You again, for your feedback.
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The person at the front desk was not rude but not really friendly as though I were an inconvenience in her day. The room we got was an ADA room so no sofa.
Had to make a call to Costa Rica and was advised there were no pay phones on the property so used the room phone. Just to call and get an answering machine and hanging up when getting the machine cost $16.30. That is outrageous.

Room Tip: If you don't need it pass on being offered an ADA room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank You for your review on TripAdvisor. I will ensure your comments are reviewed by our front desk associates to include in their ongoing trainng.
In regards to our long distance charges, these are actuall charges sent to us from the telephone company. Charges from ATT are always rounded up to the next minute and start the moment a connection is made. Charges are based on AT&T Daytime Operator assisted rates to the destination you are calling. To check the rates, all you need to do is dial the AT&T operator. Our surcharges are posted in every guest room next to the phone.
Hospitably,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The Hispanic lady that checked me in was rude from the moment I walked through the door. In addition to being rude, she was very inconsiderate and uncaring. As our conversation continued, she began to talk to me in a very condescending way. She literally told me "this is what I've got--take it or leave it." I didn't take either of the rooms she offered. Both rooms were undesirable. There were other rooms available. As a result, I had to wait more than an hour for a room.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last night on business and needed to be up early for a meeting. The reception wasn't as warm and friendly as I have experienced with the other Marriotts but was ok. The room was nice, clean and very efficient. Wifi good. The problems I had were mainly the planes flying overhead every five minutes. In addition to that, I had a room on the first floor and they had music blaring around the pool. This was fine until 10:30 when I called the first time, and had to call twice again. It finally was turned off at midnight! Who were they playing it for? There was nobody out there?? If you want a quiet night, don't stay here. Everything else was fine, but just that.

Room Tip: They all experience the plane noise, but music will accomodate this on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here in July for a business trip and hotel met basic needs. Airport shuttle was backed up so manager had me take a taxi and reimbursed which was nice (not having to wait for shuttle). Rooms are okay, probably due for an update - would be nice if office chairs in rooms actually went more than 1 foot off the ground so I could actually sit at the portable table and type on my laptop. Room was clean, food in lobby was good, but makes you wonder if you should just stay at a Hampton Inn where breakfast is included. Most negative aspect of hotel is that it was right in the flight path of one of the runways and you will hear the planes, so if that is something that bugs you, you may want to look elsewhere. Convenient location to local business parks near the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Courtyard's are consistent properties with better than average rooms and services, or so I thought. After having suffered through four nights of accommodations I had to ask "does Marriott know about this place?"

First, the lobby is classic Courtyard with its 2003 decor and large screen monitor which is perfectly acceptable and expected. When we entered the first room to which we were sentenced (we did not arrive until after 2 AM after a long travel day) I first noticed it reminded me of many older Super 8 motels in size and quality. The bed however would have disappointed even at a Super 8. It felt old, spungy and worn. When my wife lifted a corner to inspect the mattress, we discovered that it not only felt old and worn, but it was in fact old and worn. The mattress was torn and threadbare in the visible corner. The other novelty item in the room (which will be familiar to your Courtyard veterans) was the pictures. Each Courtyard room has two of the exact same photos framed on a ledge in the room. The novelty in this room was that one of the frames was broken and the picture was propped back on the ledge, askew. Towels were rough and cheep; furniture was worn and towels were abrasive.

We were provided a new room the next day to discover a bed that was 1.2% more comfortable than the first bed. But the next night we discovered the entertainment provided to guests. Across the street from the property (which is a fairly busy street with lots of traffic white noise) there was booming music which we could feel through seismic tremors through out the parking lot and room. Good thing the music abated sometime after 2 AM.

Lastly, Miami is a waterfront city, as we all know, but this property did not promise to offer a waterfront experience. They missed a marketing opportunity. With each rainfall the pond in the parking lot increased in size and scope. We were scouting for alligators in it by our exit.

In short, if you have options of where to stay in Miami, you should exercise them.

Room Tip: There is a nice looking newer Holiday Inn Express right up the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!