“Very Comfy y Very well located if going on business o shopping” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #85 of 130 hotels in Miami
Madrid, Spain
“Very Comfy y Very well located if going on business o shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a small hotel. It does not have the perks Marriott's usualy do, it's a simple hotel, but the rooms have great beds, and everything you need.

The best part of this hotel was it's location. About a 10 min drive from the airport, near mayor shopping centers such as Dolphin Mall or International. And if you are in Miami for business and visit Wholesale stores it is located very near a lot of these.

O and parking is FREE!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Peabody, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel has been updated. There is a new check in area. They do have food for sale such as appetizers and drinks. I would not eat there because you can tell the food is not a fast turn around. The walls in the rooms were paper thin. I could hear a couple of people being loud and drunk at 3:00 am. Not a place to stay if you are looking for a quiet hotel. The other thing was the jacuzzi was outof order.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
St Georges
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend, the staff were rude, and so un willing to assist with any issues, would not recommend this hotel to anyone, I hate bad customer service!!
The staff at the front desk cannot even answer the phone politely, so disappointing.......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Venezuela
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a long time Marriott Elite Rewards member I have stayed at lots of Courtyard properties across the USA and can say without a doubt this one is well below the standard.

This business oriented hotel near the airport has seen better days. The rooms are worn and outdated, the carpets are stained and housekeeping is mediocre at best.

The restaurant is very small, about 8 tables for the whole hotel and the food is average.

The exercise room is a joke, a very small room with a terrible smell with one old stationary bike and a treadmill.

As a loyal Marriott customer my recommendation is to stay away from this hotel, there are dozens of places better than this one and for a lower fee.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the direct path of planes landing at the Miami Airport and you will feel the roar i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel overall is alright, service is horrible though, so you notice all the small details! After my room wasn't serviced, I asked for towels over the phone, they told me that I have to come down to the front desk for that! At the front desk, lady gave me towels, after I asked for a wash cloth, she asked me to wait, since she was helping a guest, another lady came behind the desk and stood there, when I asked her for the washcloth, she rudely told me that she does not work at the front desk and doesn't know where towels are! Towels are kept right behind the desk!!!! It seems like staff is not here to assist but make your life difficult!! Very rude people!

• Stayed April 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is located close to the airport along with other hotels. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly and informative. The room was nicely decorated and it was clean. The bed was comfortable and there were no issues with the bedding, television, furniture, towels or toiletries. The hotel hallways and elevators all worked and were clean. There was security for various reasons, to protect the guest cars and to prevent illegal parking I saw that as a big plus. My only issue was the noise. One of the neighboring businesses was having a Venezuela party (I do not know what they were celebrating but their were flying Venezuela flags all over). This business blasted the music until 0300 and it was not classical music but the loud Spanish music that just keeps you awake. I do not think the management could do anything that evening but for the long term they should really investigate a solution to this establishment. No way there should be hotels so close to such an establishment. That establishment is bad for business and is a nuisance. I stayed on Friday night 4/19/13, perhaps the other days are quiet but I only got three hours of sleep that night. I could have driven away from Miami for an hour and gotten more sleep that night despite the hour worth of driving each night. So if you are thinking about staying in this hotel you will probably not complain about the hotel itself but about the noise that will prevent you from sleeping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Well, I must say that I am glad that (for once) I didn't read the Trip Advisor reviews before we arrived because I may not have stayed here. Please remember that often the people that have great times don’t bother to leave the good reviews but the people who may not have had a positive experience tend to make sure others are aware of their complaints.
We did this hotel choice as a pre-cruise option out of Miami. We had just missed the shuttle from the airport and had to wait 20minutes for the next one. Miami (I feel) should have a better passenger arrival area. You have passenger pick-up, rental car pick-up and hotel pick-up all in the same area. Cars block the shuttles, then people want to hug and kiss good-bye taking additional time. You have to flag down your shuttle and if a vehicle parks in front of you, you have to relocate to get a clear path so you will be able to flag down the hotel shuttle. Not at all the hotels fault. Just my observation that as big as MIA is, it should work that out better. Anyways, back to the hotel review.
Andrew was our airport shuttle driver. On a very hot day he had ice cold bottled water in a cooler for us. He answered a few questions of things close by and hotel amenities.
Upon check-in Raul was a pretty cool dude. He gave us menus of places to eat and added in some suggestions too. Our room was great! We were on the first level with a pool view near the pool entrance and exercise room. I didn’t observed anything wrong with our furniture and the bed was extremely soft.
After we got settled we went for a dip in the pool. The hot tub was out of order but the pool was good enough. While at the pool, as the other review said, you are right under the landing path of the airport. My 3year old found it amazing to look at the planes so low....me...well as long as they stayed in the sky when they were supposed to, I was ok (smile.)
There was a Venezuelan eatery across the street that had some type of function going on that we checked out after swimming.
We decided to walk to Boston Market for dinner. There is also a Burger King a block up and we saw that Taco Bell and Burger King Delivered. We passed a Cuban restaurant and a Mexican restaurant. The gas station was on the corner if you needed a late night snack or gas (all within walking distance of 10 minutes or less.)
The front desk arranged a cruise ship pick-up the night before. They were a little tardy. Pick up was to be at 11am they didn’t arrive until almost 1140am. No worries, because you usually can’t get into the cruise ship cabin until 1pm anyways.
The driver of the cruise port pick up seemed to frighten everyone with his driving in the heavy rain. We almost hydroplaned twice from the standing water and the high rate of speed he was going. Never the less we made it there safely and had an awesome cruise. I would surely book this hotel again with no problems. I added some pictures but the pictures provided by the hotel are 100% accurate. I did want to add that we did see a security guard when walking back from Boston Market and they have washer and dryer on site and vending machines. Email me with any questions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!