“No security..don't be fooled!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #85 of 130 hotels in Miami
“No security..don't be fooled!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I am a long time Marriott rewards member, no more. This hotel has security gates at the entrance/exit and a security guard, which is unusual for a courtyard of this size and configuration (typical drive around/park on the outside). My truck was vandalized overnight, the tailgate was stolen. I found out that the guard is not 24 hours, the perimeter fence is not completed around the full perimeter, there are no security cameras on the parking area, and it's poorly lit. The sense that's it's a secure and safe facility is false. The management knows of the issues but seems not real concerned. "Marriott Claims" is worthless, denies any responsibility. I will use up my reward points and never use Marriott again, I expect better..they owe their customers better. Avoid this property.

• Stayed April 2013

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lobby is renovated like other courtyards...but beyond that look out...bait and switch.
Furniture in the room is worn and old. Dirty feeling as carpet is old and dark.
Carpet in hallways and doors feel like you are not at a Marriott rather a Days inn.
This hotel is not worth more than 80/night.
Music blaring in lobby makes it impossible to work. Changed rooms due to worn furniture and dark location of room facing the back. Next room was better location facing courtyard with more natural light but furniture as other room, worn, and someone left their dirty clothes in the dresser drawers in the 2nd room. Told staff, was sympathetic but it left me with an uneasy feeling about the room. both bathrooms are old style tub and sink.
disappointed with this Courtyard and uneasy feeling to unpack. Marriott is slipping.
not worth 149 plus tax and fees at all. run down beyond lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Northwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not one of the better Courtyards I've stayed at. My room was clean and comfortable. The maid left me two conditioners and no shampoo. I did not realize that the hotel was under the inbound flight path. If you love seeing, hearing and feeling big jets you'll love this facility. You can watch them over head as you sit by the pool. Kids seemed to like this. You could hear the jets inside the building but they weren't noisier than big trucks rumbling by on an interstate. Our room was on the second floor, perhaps the fourth/top floor had a little more noise. My interactions with staff was pleasant. One thing they could improve upon is the food service. In the morning there was a long line of people ordering and only one person who took the orders and prepared the food. After 15 minutes with no line movement we left by car to find a restaurant. The Original Pancake House about 1.5 miles west - very good. Everyone in our party like the food and service there. But, that's a separate review. I would personally look to other lodging if I were staying in the Miami area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. With our close proximity to the airport we will at time have airport traffic directly over the hotel depending of their take off and landing patterns for the day. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire team and discuss how we can avoid long waiting lines in the future during breakfast hours. Thank you again for your comments.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel. The staff was rude upon check-in and not very helpful at all. The room was comfortable and the bed well. I had never stayed at a hotel in Miami and this was my bad experience I feel disappointed. The balcony door was stained could not see anything outside. The whirlpool was not in service. Poor service, I had to call on two occasions to take us towels and took over half an hour.

• Stayed March 2013
Lima
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I was confident on the Courtyard brand but learned that there are Courtyards...and Courtyards. This has not been the best one I stayed. Room was too noisy and Housekeeping was every morning eager to clean my room...knocking the door quite early and did woke me up twice. Breakfast is not included and is quite limited. Seems they do not have the capability to handle rush hour as they limited choices. Staff was ok, young kids mostly that do their job as asked. Cleanliness, ok. It is a standard hotel which I found it overpriced. Linen and pillows were very good. Will not recommend if you travel with family.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. As is standard with all Courtyards we do offer breakfast at an additional cost to the room. Our new Bistro is set to offer various breakfast items which include both cold and hot items made fresh everyday. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire staff to ensure any future disturbances to not occur with any of our guests. Thank you again for your comments.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The shuttle service to the airport in this hotel is AWFUL. It's every 45 minutes. We were at the front desk finishing our check-out at 6:29 (the shuttle was at 6:30 a.m.) and some shuttle arrived outside, one which you couldn't even tell if it was a hotel's shuttle or anything. Then we got outside and the shuttle left (even though you had to write down your name in a list). We made noises and signs and it wouldn't stop. We asked in the front desk if that was the shuttle and to ask him to come back. They just didn't care. Customer service REALLY sucks in this place. You better stay at Sleep Inn or some other hotel... you couldn't even say it's a Marriott by its rooms, just by its price. Not worth it.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Our hotel shuttles are distinctly marked with our Courtyard logos, hotel name and bright greens colors. Unfortunately the van in question upon your departure may have bee a 3rd party transportation arranged b one of our guests. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire staff in order to avoid future confusion and to ensure all of guests are properly guided to the hotels transportation service.

Sincerely
Wauwatosa, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard the night before we were flying out of Miami.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the rooms and hallways look like they could stand a refresh. Doors squeaked and windows were hard to open.

We stay at a lot of Marriott and Courtyard properties and this one was not up to standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Our property recently went through public space renovations and will soon be doing the same with all of our rooms in order to bring the property up to current standards that all of our guests can enjoy. I will be sure to share your comments about of staff with our entire team and we certainly hope you will visit us again once our rooms are renovated.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!