“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #83 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel. The staff was rude upon check-in and not very helpful at all. The room was comfortable and the bed well. I had never stayed at a hotel in Miami and this was my bad experience I feel disappointed. The balcony door was stained could not see anything outside. The whirlpool was not in service. Poor service, I had to call on two occasions to take us towels and took over half an hour.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lima
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I was confident on the Courtyard brand but learned that there are Courtyards...and Courtyards. This has not been the best one I stayed. Room was too noisy and Housekeeping was every morning eager to clean my room...knocking the door quite early and did woke me up twice. Breakfast is not included and is quite limited. Seems they do not have the capability to handle rush hour as they limited choices. Staff was ok, young kids mostly that do their job as asked. Cleanliness, ok. It is a standard hotel which I found it overpriced. Linen and pillows were very good. Will not recommend if you travel with family.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. As is standard with all Courtyards we do offer breakfast at an additional cost to the room. Our new Bistro is set to offer various breakfast items which include both cold and hot items made fresh everyday. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire staff to ensure any future disturbances to not occur with any of our guests. Thank you again for your comments.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The shuttle service to the airport in this hotel is AWFUL. It's every 45 minutes. We were at the front desk finishing our check-out at 6:29 (the shuttle was at 6:30 a.m.) and some shuttle arrived outside, one which you couldn't even tell if it was a hotel's shuttle or anything. Then we got outside and the shuttle left (even though you had to write down your name in a list). We made noises and signs and it wouldn't stop. We asked in the front desk if that was the shuttle and to ask him to come back. They just didn't care. Customer service REALLY sucks in this place. You better stay at Sleep Inn or some other hotel... you couldn't even say it's a Marriott by its rooms, just by its price. Not worth it.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Our hotel shuttles are distinctly marked with our Courtyard logos, hotel name and bright greens colors. Unfortunately the van in question upon your departure may have bee a 3rd party transportation arranged b one of our guests. I will be certain to share your comments with our entire staff in order to avoid future confusion and to ensure all of guests are properly guided to the hotels transportation service.

Sincerely
Wauwatosa, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard the night before we were flying out of Miami.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the rooms and hallways look like they could stand a refresh. Doors squeaked and windows were hard to open.

We stay at a lot of Marriott and Courtyard properties and this one was not up to standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Our property recently went through public space renovations and will soon be doing the same with all of our rooms in order to bring the property up to current standards that all of our guests can enjoy. I will be sure to share your comments about of staff with our entire team and we certainly hope you will visit us again once our rooms are renovated.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Where do I begin the entire staff from housekeeping to the front desk were A+, the room was clean, quiet and comfy. I only wish I had the courage to tell the breakfast girl I saw every morning how hot she was... Her name is Angelica and she is super sexy, was always smiling and was just a sweetheart! It made it easy to wake up early and get ready to start my day. So anyone looking for a clean, safe, great priced hotel you have won't go wrong booking here. It was also located very close to many food options and shopping including a Wal-Mart super center 15mins away. It was about 30min from the beaches as well.

If anyone knows her please email me at: realityworldlc@yahoodotcom

Room Tip: All room were great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Carlos P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your kinds words regarding our entire staff. I will be certain to share your comments with them and insure that their level of service continues to exceed all of our guest’s expectations. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and various restaurant and shopping in our area. We certainly hope that you return to our property very soon.

Carlos Perez
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We only stayed here because it was the closest available Marriott to Santas's Enchanted Forest. We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and waited at the front desk about 5 minutes and finally a gentleman by the name of Raul surfaced from the back to check us in. He was very welcoming and very nice. Our room was on the first floor. The carpet in the hotel was dirty, the sliding door to our room appeared to be broken; the screen on the outside was falling off the door. The sheets on the bed were hard and the shower did not drain well. The entire night all we heard were airplanes flying over the hotel. We could not sleep. Chances are we will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the incontinences you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately our property is in direct line with one of the runways that feed Miami International Airport; this in turn does create air traffic over the hotel. I certainly hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future after our property is completely renovated. Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have never written a review about a hotel but, this one was so bad that I had to. Dirty, rusty, and overpriced. I've stayed in pay by the hour hotels that had nicer rooms. The blanket on the bed was stained with an unidentified liquid. The balcony was filthy and had a big pool of water. The door to the balcony had some scum that you couldn't see through. The clock radio came on in the middle of the night. The tub in the shower did not drain, it was nearly full when I finished taking a shower. Never in my life will I stay at this hotel. The only positive thing I can say is that the guy at the desk was really nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I assure that all of your concerns will be addressed with our entire staff in order to avoid future issues with any of our guests. We are currently working very closely with our ownership in order to renovate our rooms and offer our guests the atmosphere they have come to expect at a Courtyard. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!